Does it bother you when your FP bag ends up in the outlet?

I haven't seen any reviews of my bags found at the outlets so far so I'm glad, but if it is, it wouldn't affect me as much because I had gotten as much of a discount if not more and, because I don't have an accessible outlet

The thing is, is this isn't a surprise. This isn't something they just started doing or even something they just started doing recently. Coach outlets have been around for at least 15 plus years, and I know that when I lived closer to one and could visit frequently, fp deletes would always end up there eventually, though maybe not as sooner. I shop accordingly and only buy fp what I must have now. If I want it cheaper or can't buy at the moment, I know I have to wait or buy it on the bay at some point.

The issue of LE bags, however, I think is a legitimate complaint.

The issue of LE bags, however, I think is a legitimate complaint.

Any Seinfeld fans out there? This LE thing always reminds me of a bit he did on the Ford LTD - limitied to 5 million. That's about the same way Coach seems to think about LE. Exactly what number is it limited to? The number of people who want to buy it? Just keep crankin em out. I have never paid any attention to anything limited because I just don't believe it - not just with Coach or purses - I mean in general. It's kind of a useless term, kind of like "hypo-allergenic". Meaningless.

IF I love the bag I get it and do not worry about it being at the Outlet later... I would rather pay more than risk not being on of the lucky ones that finds it...

It does make me mad but it si the way Coach works and it is not worth getting crazy about...Normally I buy PCE and I would get the bag at 30% of plus and addition 20% at the Outlet.

Just think of it this way on a $500.00 with PCE 25%it is a reduction of $125. at the Outlet with 30% + an extra 20% it is $220.00.. The total additional savings is $95.00 I know that is a decent amout but in the end is it worth it possible loss the bag your really love and have to buy it latter on Ebay or Bonanzle for Full Price...???

I've only gotten a couple bags from the FP store recently, my lilac Alexandra and my small black Kristin satchel, both of which went to the outlets very quickly. It bothered me a bit, but I figure since I get purses at the outlet too, it's kind of a wash.

I do wish that Coach would hold back maybe 6 months or so, to let those who bought at the boutiques enjoy their purchases without seeing them at a discount within a month of buying them. But then again if they did that I wouldn't have my midnight Maggie right now.

Funny that this thread popped up. I was going to start my own the other day. I have to say, I know that Coach's business model depends on the success of both the FPBs and the outlets. If they didn't have a way to sell the bags that didn't sell in the FPB's, we'd all be paying more because they'd have to find something to do with their extra inventory or destroy it.

BUT, I remember a day when the outlet had nothing but MFF bags and the occasional keychain delete. Sometimes I wish for those days.

An interesting story: I was at the outlet in Atlantic City a few months ago and the SA was telling me that they were told that Poppy was never supposed to show up in the outlets. So, she went out an bought a tote she loved at a FPB, and then, 6 months later, she unpacks the box with it in it. She was annoyed. But, she knew they had inventory they needed to move.

Although there are positives to the outlets, there's nothing worse than paying FP for a bag and seeing it at the outlet the next week. That's why I try to get into a line when it first comes out - Maggie took over a year to be sent over. But, I find the more trendy the bag, the more likely it will get sent. I switched my Op Art Sophia to a Lurex Zebra, and I fully expect that it will show up in the outlet sooner rather than later.

I try not to get too worked up, I buy bags because I want to carry them, not because I'm looking for the best value. Sometimes, waiting for PCE is hard enough. :smile: But, its definitely is something that does drive me crazy. There's very little exclusivity to FPBs any more.

For me, all clothes and accessories are like this. Do I have to have this jacket now or wait a month and see it on the clearance rack? Do I have to have this bag now or take a chance the one I want will be at my outlet? I think the answer to this question depends on the person, some want it NOW and want the convenience of the FP store. Others are okay with waiting and don't mind stalking a particular bag at the Outlet.

I am not mad with Macy's when they mark down the clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc. at the end of the season when I bought them for more at the beginning of the season. Everyone knows that this happens. Coach does the same thing.

For some people this decision is easier because the Outlet is close to them and they don't mind stopping in. For others, like myself, the Outlet is 2 hours away. My FP store is 10 minutes away. So...

I agree with the people who said it's like clothes going on sale after you bought it, but for some reason it just hurts more with a bag :shrugs: I know that seems silly but it's true for me. I think this time is harder too because there were *so* many deletes that went so quickly. I was talking to an SA the other day and they were saying that the last floorset didn't sell well at all so I'm sure that had something to do with it as well, plus they had a HUGE floorset change this month.

It didn't bother me as much before because I knew I had at least 4-6 months before it ended up in outlets. But when bags bought in September PCE ends up in outlets, it is infuriating. :mad: I fell victim to this when the Alexandra I bought 3 weeks ago is now at the outlet. With the additional 20% off, the $100 difference is a big deal to me! I could be spending that money on something else.

I have bought a few bags FP. More with PCE. Some from outlet. I have had it all different ways. Actually, the majority of my bags are from auction sites...I like to find an older bag over a new one any day. For example, all of my Audreys, even if they are NOT really LE (even though they are claimed to be), even if they DID go to the outlet(which they did)...they are all rare (now) and special to me. Like I have been told thousands of times on here, what you pay for an item is what you deemed it to be worth. And I am cool with that. Honestly, I am glad *some* bags go to the outlet, it gives others who might not be as comfortable as us FP or PCE'ers a chance to get a great bag. Think of it like that.
It does not bother me to know that some of our bags go to outlet. I agree with Bunny and MsWhitney, outlet is just like a sales rack. The only problem I have is yes, when Coach says something is limited edition, it should be limited edition, whether it shows up at the outlet or not. Members are still feeling the burn of the Peyton FP/MFF fiasco, and who can blame them? Sometimes, however, you must expect some LE items to end up at outlet...but not in hoardes. Will we see the LE Floral Sophia there? That bag supposedly sold out. Something to keep an eye on...one or two or two hundred might pop up there.
The LE thing is false advertising if you ask me. Other companies (not all) DO put out real LE things.
IMO, the only way to get a genuine LE item is if the item is numbered. That is the only way you will know for sure that it is LE. If it is not numbered, I consider it just like everything else...and will pay/not pay accordingly.

Just my 2 cents. :smile:

The LE thing is false advertising if you ask me. Other companies (not all) DO put out real LE things.
IMO, the only way to get a genuine LE item is if the item is numbered. That is the only way you will know for sure that it is LE. If it is not numbered, I consider it just like everything else...and will pay/not pay accordingly.

Just my 2 cents. :smile:

Totally agree regarding the Limited Edition thing. Coach should not market something as LE and then make a bajillion of them. I don't really believe them anymore when they say something is LE.

The Floral Sophia is available to order on Coach.com, so I am beginning to think they made a whole bunch more of them as well...

*cough*aboutfourhundredmore*cough*
i stopped by another store (i've moved around some stores when i worked there) that is a flagship and they got quite a few in stock, cos i saw it on the floor and asked.........

I thought everyone knew that this is always a possibility by now. I very RARELY buy FP. When I do I tell myself that I'll bite the bullet IF the bag ends up at the outlet.
My concern here is I did check out your other post. Are you wanting a price adjustment or another bag???
If there were other of these bags available when you purchased yours did they try and find you a better one? Did you ask?
If you purchased the bag at the FP boutique I'd take it in to return it, when they ask why TELL THEM.

You also MUST REMEMBER just because 1 or 2 of these bags has ended up at the outlet DOES NOT mean that there are going to be tons!!! They also may verywell be worse then yours in wear!!!

All things to consider. The ONLY 2 bags I remember not making it to the outlet were the black tattoo tote and the inlaid blk patent Peyton. Thank goodness I bought them both at FP but was prepared for the "outlet hit." I knew I didn't want to run that risk so I bought FP!!!

I thought everyone knew that this is always a possibility by now. I very RARELY buy FP. When I do I tell myself that I'll bite the bullet IF the bag ends up at the outlet.
My concern here is I did check out your other post. Are you wanting a price adjustment or another bag???
If there were other of these bags available when you purchased yours did they try and find you a better one? Did you ask?
If you purchased the bag at the FP boutique I'd take it in to return it, when they ask why TELL THEM.

You also MUST REMEMBER just because 1 or 2 of these bags has ended up at the outlet DOES NOT mean that there are going to be tons!!! They also may verywell be worse then yours in wear!!!

All things to consider. The ONLY 2 bags I remember not making it to the outlet were the black tattoo tote and the inlaid blk patent Peyton. Thank goodness I bought them both at FP but was prepared for the "outlet hit." I knew I didn't want to run that risk so I bought FP!!!

No it's still the same bag. I think the reason it bothers me so much is that the end of the zipper part looks a bit frayed. It was a floor sample that I'm sure had been opened and closed a thousand times and it looks it. But supposedly they only had 180 left in stock in the country and I wanted it so I figured it was no biggie. And back then I didn't know about getting them shipped to you and all that. Sometimes I think I know too much about Coach now to the point where it just stresses me out. I really want my bag but I really don't like the not so great zipper part and the fact that the outlet bags are probably in better shape than the one I purchased. I also don't like the super fast turnaround...a season, fine. A couple weeks, not so much. There should be a bit of a lapse between when the bags leave full price and make it to the outlets. Like when the very last one is gone out of the FP stores, they should wait a couple months then rerelease it. Then no hurt feelings and evryone will be so excited to see it back but I know Coach sees it in a totally different way.

ETA: The funny thing is I also bought a MFF Zoe and loooove it and just use it with absolutely no stress about how much I paid for it. I should be strictly a outlet girl.

Hey, all--

it seems like this issue comes up about once every three months or so. Coach, as long as I've been buying (since about mid 2009) always seems to do this-- there are going to be bags that don't sell out at the boutique (for whatever reason-- expense, practicality, economic times, etc), and these go to the outlet. Anyone who has been buying Coach for a long time and coming to this forum knows this. We've seen it repeated a MILLION times (or just about), and there always seems to be one conclusion: if you LOVE a bag and can't live without it in a particular color, and don't want to risk missing it altogether (or don't want to have to hunt it down on ebay), BUY IT FP. Especially if you have PCE.

Now I never receive PCE for whatever marketing reason.... so I never buy FP. I've never fallen SO hard in love with a bag in a particular material/color that I've been tempted to buy FP without PCE (though came very close with gray Brynne). However, this means I spend a LOT of time on the phone with my outlets when I know FP deletes are heading there.... and generally I do connect with the bags I want, but it's a huge headache (and takes dealing with some snippy SAs sometimes). AND it's a risk that I might not find the bag I want (like gray Brynne, which remains elusive... though I did find some lovely croc pieces, and was able to buy 2 at outlet for the price of 1 FP.

It kind of stinks that this happens with Coach, but it can also be pretty fabulous when you find the bag you wanted at outlet for a steep discount. I will probably continue to buy Coach indefinitely-- love the bags, love the outlet deals-- but if it ever makes me too crazy, I'll just switch to another brand (most probably Mulberry and Kate Spade).

I do feel for the girls who buy FP and then see the bag later at boutique, but I can't imagine that Coach will stop liquidating (at outlet) the bags it can't sell FP. If it bothers you too much, it's probably best to find a new bag brand.