Does anyone else here DISlike LV?

shu said:
I think that she's genuinely interested in seeing why some people are so into LV, and what better place to do that than to ask the question on an LV forum? I feel it's totally reasonable for her to do so.

In regards to the question, I've never really liked LV because of all the fakes that are out there. I used to assume most anyone who carried one had a fake. And I really didn't like the HUGE monogram. However, now I have two pieces..and have discovered their other lines. Although one of my bags is in the multicolor (the Shirley), I find that its design is very classy and goes well with the colored scheme. My other bag is from the suhali line, which I LOVE. Its quality is excellent and it doesn't scream LV like the monogram. Very elegant and timeless in my opinion. So even though I don't like a lot of what LV has to offer, the fact that they DO have so many different lines and styles will almost guarantee that you'll like something they have.

Thank you Shu :smile:. For understanding and for explaining. As I have perused more people's collections,I have seen one or two things that have surprised me by being nice.

And I'm sure that as I read more posts (as I notice that this part of the forum is *very* popular,which is why I asked) I may come to appreciate it more .

I don't think I'll easily own one though.But that's ok...unto each of us our own,and that doesn't mean that we can't talk about it.

When I got my first LV bag (yrs ago) I was totally in love and everything I got after for a while was basically LV....however I have to admit the last few years I haven't been as into their bags (Chanel is my new obsession) however once in a while I find a bag I love

I never used to like LV either, my friend went LV crazy a couple years ago and I though she was nuts. I wish I would have realized that she wasn't back then because maybe I would have been able to get a piece from the Cherry Blossom line.

Anyway, I was in Vegas last year and the handle came apart on the brown purse I had brought with me. I was having a lot of problems with my bags breaking on me at the time, so when this one broke I finally had enough. I decided that I wasn't going to buy cheap crappy bags anymore and since I knew most LV bags were a dark brown color I decided get one.

I fell in love with LV and have bought 3 more bags, a wallet, a makeup bag, and a wapity since. I just love their quality and I love Marc Jacobs and his designs. (well.. most of the time)

I can understand you not being a fan of the monogram line, I didn't used to be either, but you should really take a look at the epi line. It looks nothing like the rest of their collection. I don't think you will be 'lynch-mobbed' for disliking LV but you will find a lot of people who don't agree with you. That's ok though, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

i actually decided to distance myself from LV. i used to only have one LV bag, the cerises pochette, but i eventually sold that. this is JMO, but the amount of LV fakes out there is getting so ridiculous, i wonder what steps LV is taking to reducing counterfeit practices. i mean, i know there is only so much they can do, but are they really doing enough to protect their brand? on ebay, if you so much as describe you bag as "hermes-like" your auction can get shut down quickly. but you see the horrendous LV fakes getting put up for auction left and right. i just don't fully understand...:worried:

I didn't use to like LV either. But then one day I woke up and HAD to have an LV.. I think it was right after I turned 29... I call it aging with style heeheee. I can't wait to get more!

I have been in love with LV since I was 14 years old. (37 now) I just keep going! I like that some of you do not like them...more for me. J/K! Im not a big fan of Chloe bags myself...we all have different tastes and I love that!!!

QuirkyCool said:
At the risk of being lynch-mobbed,I am amazed to see so many stylish women liking LV bags. I have never seen one I liked...never seen one that didn't make me gag. In pictures or otherwise.

I really don't get the attraction...at all...I hate the monograms,cherries,graffiti,multicoloured monograms,denim bags...etc etc etc etc...plus,with sooooo many fakes around I usually assume that any LV bag I see is a fake.

I know...I'm prejudiced and I discriminate against LV bags....I thought I should come clear on this front before continuing as a member here:wacko: .

ha, you sure find a company here. LV is a in-your-face brand. personally, LV is all about logos and monograms. it's like they're afraid of you no know they're LVs bying covering themselve insideout with the name, screeming for recognition.

i'm from asian, where ppl love playing up the status quo big time. there, carrying a LV, like dring a Mercedes, have a very unsubtle meanings. there's a reason why asia claims almost HALF of LV market.

i also blame LV for starting the trend on the monograms thing in Designer hangbag brands, like Gucci and Fendi.

any way, just a personal insight from an asian girl

QuirkyCool said:
Ok I wasn't expecting too many people to agree with me...but to clarify,I meant to have a discussion on tastes and in particular what the attraction of these bags is,and not to slate anyone. Of course people can carry what they like. I do.

I'm just trying to understand.I have actually read articles about the history of the house,etc,especially with all of the birthday celebrations going on.

So thanks to the ladies who are explaining :amuse: .

I know exactly what you mean. I look at the Hermes bags and I know they are excellent and very very expensive, but they just dont do it for me at all. You may just feel that way about LV. Do you like coach? they have alot of beautiful bags and accessories. I do like them also and I love fendi, I have alot of fendi, and I love LV, but I dont care at all for dooney and burke and I know people who only would carry that. I guess the bottom line is..it has to "do it for you". what would be your most favorite of all the popular lines?