Do you travel with your H bag?

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share my recent experience.

I was able to fit two B30's in my carry-on roller bag which I carried onto an airplane. I put some light blankets on the bottom of my luggage so the handbags would have a padded surface to rest on, and then I stacked my two Birkins in their dustbags into the suitcase. I used some bubble wrap to separate the handbags, as I did not want the touret to press into the leather of the other handbag and leave a dent.

After an eight hour travel day, we all arrived safe and sound!

suitcase.jpg

I recently (pre covid) would fly with bottega or goyard or easy H bags like an evelyne, double sens or jige, bc I never check in and I like to pack lightly. I also travelled with a bolide, rather than a kelly, bc I preferred sellier, and I wouldn’t travel with sellier K bc of the edges. I once had a synthetic chanel single flap, matte silver hardware that I used for travel bc it could get smooshed. So everything is hand carry or occasionally I send stuff ahead if it’s for a wedding where what I wear is totally different than other parts of the trip.

. I do have a beat up 32 HAC that I travel with and can take things like multiple wine bottles if we are just driving somewhere. I’ve also taken it as a carry on. But, I’m not a pristine bag kind of person, and even with my first barenia HAC (Which I no longer have bc gold hw) wine bottles And books and other things would go in.

Thought I would share a recent travel experience.

I was traveling with one B30, but wanted to keep it protected in the overhead compartment of the airplane.

I was looking for a very particular type of rolling carry-on bag, something with a deep base and shallow top compartment. I found this Amazon Basic, Black, 21-inch cabin size bag, and I could not be happier!

For travel, I put some bubble wrap and a blanket on the bottom of the bag, and then put my B30 in its dust bag (not shown). My bag was protected, kept its shape, and traveled discretely though the airport.

unnamed.jpg0.jpeg

Hello dear traveling H fans - I just purchased the Tumi version of the Le Pliage. It's called the Just in case. It's not as nice as the LP, but it is a touch bigger AND....(this is the huge differentiator for me) it has the sleeve to slide over a roller handle. Worth checking out!

I know this was posted eons ago, but the just in case tote is the best! I bring one to hide my purse and for airport purchases (water, food, etc). If I was traveling with an h bag, I would have two: one for food and one for the bag. I think the one I have is almost 10 years old and still in great condition and I may have even washed it in the washing machine too. There are two sizes- the tote and the duffle. I swear by the duffle.

I have traveled with my garden party but it’s not ideal. I prefer being able to be hands free and not worry about getting stuck in the rain with a leather bag- so I stick with nylon or coated canvas for travel.

For those of you who travel with more than one bag, how do keep them safe when you aren’t in the hotel? Most in room safes are too tiny for bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: jiljenner
I know this was posted eons ago, but the just in case tote is the best! I bring one to hide my purse and for airport purchases (water, food, etc). If I was traveling with an h bag, I would have two: one for food and one for the bag. I think the one I have is almost 10 years old and still in great condition and I may have even washed it in the washing machine too. There are two sizes- the tote and the duffle. I swear by the duffle.

I have traveled with my garden party but it’s not ideal. I prefer being able to be hands free and not worry about getting stuck in the rain with a leather bag- so I stick with nylon or coated canvas for travel.

For those of you who travel with more than one bag, how do keep them safe when you aren’t in the hotel? Most in room safes are too tiny for bags.
My bags are insured, so, if they are in my hotel room and not in the safe, I don't freak out. It's just not worth the stress :smile:

I put them in my (really) big suitcases in the hotel room and lock them. (I do transport them in hand luggage, but I always hope that removing a large suitcase from the hotel room would be too conspicuous - hope it continues to work that way ...).

Thought I would share a recent travel experience.

I was traveling with one B30, but wanted to keep it protected in the overhead compartment of the airplane.

I was looking for a very particular type of rolling carry-on bag, something with a deep base and shallow top compartment. I found this Amazon Basic, Black, 21-inch cabin size bag, and I could not be happier!

For travel, I put some bubble wrap and a blanket on the bottom of the bag, and then put my B30 in its dust bag (not shown). My bag was protected, kept its shape, and traveled discretely though the airport.

View attachment 5124524View attachment 5124525

Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: lcd_purse_girl
Hi,
Anyone here uses faure le page daily battle tote for their birkin during travel? I wonder what the best size is for b30.
Thanks in advance
Hi, I have the Battle Ready 37, not a Daily battle. And I use it as a mommy purse. I took a picture of it with my B30 inside though for you to see. Still has alot of space inside, but the straps are peeking out.1C6EC9B9-FF27-4F58-9C7B-302B377ED7F2.jpegEE76E2C9-AED9-4956-95A4-C749A487A4B8.jpeg

My bags are to be worn, I just take good care of them.
I have done endless travels with my Kelly 35 Togo and love it.
I’ve also traveled many places with my white Birkin 35 in clémence and my Birkin 35 étoupe.
My So Black 35 Birkin also made a few trips but must admit it’s very delicate.
Other than that any retourné bag is made for casual journeys and I sure use them that way :smile:
My sellier kellys might make it next time
Btw, I mean I actually use the above as travel bags.

Last edited:
My bags are to be worn, I just take good care of them.
I have done endless travels with my Kelly 35 Togo and love it.
I’ve also traveled many places with my white Birkin 35 in clémence and my Birkin 35 étoupe.
My So Black 35 Birkin also made a few trips but must admit it’s very delicate.
Other than that any retourné bag is made for casual journeys and I sure use them that way :smile:
My sellier kellys might make it next time
Btw, I mean I actually use the above as travel bags.
I feel the same way. I love my bags and therefore use them with great pleasure. In particular, my B35 and the K35, sometimes the Bolides 35 - all made of Ardennes leather - have proven to be superbly durable companions on numerous flights and train journeys and in every wind and weather conditions. I also use Ks 32 Retourné sometimes, but only when I can't take enough other bags with me, because I like to use every space to pack my "travel bags" quite to capacity.