Do you smell your age?

When I was in high school -- the BIG fragrance was Giorgio -- I'll admit, I still like that scent, but it's sooooo super dated! It was the fragrance of the eighties. In college, it seemed like a lot of girls (myself included) either wore Beautiful or Poison (makes me sick with TERRIBLE headaches!). Obsession was also big -- but I don't like Calvin Klein fragrances as a general rule -- Eternity for me is even worse -- I just can't do that one.

Currently, I wear Prada for day and Armani Code for night. I also have Coach, but I don't like it all that well. I have a sample of Chance that I also sometimes spritz on from time to time and I like that one ok. I also sometimes go without perfume; I don't feel the need to put it on every single day without fail.

chanel no 5 was my first "grown up" perfume, given to me by my grandmother. so i'll always love it. but it's relaly just gathering dust at this point. though i love it on special occassions, it's just not a daily kind of perfume for me (i'm 22).

now, i wear 24 faubourg, and it's the ONLY perfume i ever get compliments on anytime i wear it. whether or not its my age, i don't know. but i always feel pretty and sensual and, well, GOOD when i wear it! and isn't that what really counts?

The last perfume I wore was Coolwater. I have to confess I wear scented lotions and body sprays.

I get terrific headaches from perfumes, it only took 15 years of wearing it to figure that out! I prefer scented lotions and get the most compliments when I wear Victoria's Secret Pear Glace. Go figure!

I don't know if I smell my age, really. I do know I tend to choose florals above anything else, and can't stand sugary-sweet fragrances. All of my current perfumes are in the same note family (Bright Crystal, Envy Me, So Pink, MJ Essence.. etc.)

But come to think of it, I'm pretty sure these are all quite fit for 25 year olds like me!

I thought that smelling "old" was just wearing too much perfume! What's appropriate for a late "30 something" woman who can't take heavy perfume?

My favorite perfume is Banana Republic "W." Is that young or old (or just right)?

I smell my age (40-something) with Mugler Angel Rose. I also have a bottle of (20-something) Miss Dior Cherie which I love just as much. Maybe when I'm 50-something I'll be ready for YSL Paris.

My first fragrance was LuLu by Cacharel, then I went to Coco by Chanel, loved Women II by Jil Sander (discntinued:crybaby:), a couple of Calvin Klein fragrances, Roma e.g., on to Jo Malon`s Lime, Mandarin and Basil, Trish by Trish McEvoy, Gaultier and now I am into Safari by Ralph Lauren-but can not find something that is really me fo some time now...apat from the Armani Prive perfumes which are too expensive....

It is so funny to me that regardless of what part of the country you lived in, teenagers pretty much wore the same thing. Sunflowers in Jr. High for me and CKOne freshman year. My Jr. year in High school my taste exceeded that of my friends and I found Gucci Envy and Issey Miyake with the help of a fashion obsesssed boyfriend.
Now I am into Lolita Lempika and Chanel Chance (in my later twenties)

I don't know, i'm 20 and right now I wear Hilary Duff's With Love. I plan on getting Ralph Lauren Romance soon.

I guess I "smell my age", I don't wear anything that smells too old lady-ish, but I steer clear of food-y scents.

I think I "smell my age" I'm 19 and wear Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, or D&G Light Blue at the moment.

I know what you mean though, I love my Mums Coco Mademoiselle and recently I was given some Prada perfume that smelt really great too, but I don't think they really suit me yet.

Little old Lady is "Estee Lauder Youth Dew". Do they still make that?

OMG my grandmother (who always dressed to the nines no matter what) wore that all the time!

OK as a 'tween/teen it was loves baby soft all the way.

In college (late 1980s) the big rage was Giorgio (anyone remember this?) and Dior's POISON. I had a good friend who literally bathed in Poison and it was so OTT I can still "smell" it in my mind 20 years later and gag, LOL.

Do I smell my age now? Well, my taste is pretty varied between Fracas, I Love Love (Moschino), and Creed's Silver Mountain Water. Oh and I do have some chanel No. 5 for very special occasions...

OMG my grandmother (who always dressed to the nines no matter what) wore that all the time!

OK as a 'tween/teen it was loves baby soft all the way.

In college (late 1980s) the big rage was Giorgio (anyone remember this?) and Dior's POISON. I had a good friend who literally bathed in Poison and it was so OTT I can still "smell" it in my mind 20 years later and gag, LOL.

Do I smell my age now? Well, my taste is pretty varied between Fracas, I Love Love (Moschino), and Creed's Silver Mountain Water. Oh and I do have some chanel No. 5 for very special occasions...

I remember Poison...and Giorgio...everybody seemed to like very intensive fragrances these days...

Elementary/junior high was Love's Baby Soft and Exclamation. I can't believe they still sell Exclamation!

High school I wore Sunflowers and Design. Now the scent of both makes me want to :throwup:

In college I wore Cool Water and a couple of the Gap scents.

Now I rotate between all different kinds of perfumes - Emporio Armani Diamonds, Chanel Chance and Coco Mademoiselle, Philosophy Inner Grace, and Pink Sugar. I get the most compliments on the Pink Sugar...

ETA: and I'm 29 now by the way...will be 30 in 3 weeks :crybaby: