Do you smell your age?

I don't know if I smell my age NOW, but I probably did at other points in time, as I remember what I used to wear.

In elementary school and jr. high it was Love's Baby Soft. I also wore Exclamation in jr. high school and recently bought a bottle of it just for nostalgia's sake. It's so weird, because if I spray it on and wear it, mentally or through my imagination, or some other way, momentarily, I'm back in junior high school. When I was in high school, I remember wearing Colors by Benneton and Sunflowers which I initially liked, but even to this day I can't stomach the smell of Sunflowers. I also used to go to Victoria's Secret during high school and buy those scented lotions--those were all the rage back in the mid nineties!

I don't remember what I wore in college or a younger adult strangely enough...but for the past three or four years I've worn a few perfumes and currently have these in my "rotation" for wear on a regular basis: Very Irresisitable (gift from BF a few Christmases ago), Miracle, Juicy Couture, Chanel No. 5, Rose Petals (Henri Bendel), Obsession, Exclamation, and Chloe. I remember my mom wearing Chloe and Obsession when I was a kid. I like them. My vanity is littered with perfume bottles (as well as bottles of essential/fragrance oils that I blend to wear), and I wear others not listed here depending on my mood, but I don't keep track of them very well or remember what they are to post them here. LOL. I think I've bought a few types from Avon...Haiku or something like that, and two or three others, as I'm a perfume addict.

My first perfume was Beautiful by Estee Lauder when I was NINE. Definitely not age appropriate IMO :P

I mostly wore sweet/fruity "young" scents through my teenage years and early twenties. But I've just started wearing sophisticated scents again. My new favorites are Coco Mademoiselle, Gucci Rush and Fendi Palazzo...

In elementary school and jr. high it was Love's Baby Soft. I also wore Exclamation in jr. high school and recently bought a bottle of it just for nostalgia's sake. It's so weird, because if I spray it on and wear it, mentally or through my imagination, or some other way, momentarily, I'm back in junior high school.

Me too! Nothing brings me to another time like perfume. It's kind of cool. If I wore something during a vacation and wear it again not on vacation, reminds me of vacation!

Although I understand there is an age association with fragrances by many people, I personally shy away from the stereotype. I've smelled beautiful young (20s) age gals pull off Chanel #5 in a more elegant, hip way (of couse they were carrying Chanel bags and dressed to a tee) and I've smelled Clinique happy on my 70 yr old MIL and she rocked that fragrance at the zoo with the grandkids.

My personal fragrance collection is quite large (OK, I've got a serious addiction) and have have fragrances that could easily be sterotyped as "teeny-bopper" fragrances as well as "old lady" scents and I like to think I pull them all off when worn with the right attitude. In fact - I personally don't associate a fragrance with the age of the wearer....rather I associate it with the style and personality of the wearer. Confidence goes a long way with fragrance choices....

I just remembered that wearing Polo Sport was all the rage when I was in middle school. I wore it for a while, but somehow lost the bottle and never bothered replacing it. Hugo Woman was also pretty 'big' when I was in middle school, but I never wore it. Instead I wore Trèzor for a pretty long time, until I realized it made me smell like a carrot! I've also had a Pleasures phase, not quite sure when that was but probably late middle school/early high school. Every other scent I have have only been in rotation, they've never been my daily scents (except from maybe Ralph by Ralph Lauren for a short while after it was introduced)

Little old Lady is "Estee Lauder Youth Dew". Do they still make that?

Hah! I remember my mom telling me how she got a bottle of that stuff as a gift from a then-boyfriend when she was a junior in high school, but she could never wear it because she thought it smelled like little old lady... She's 53 now, and still can't stand the stuff...

Ironically, I sort of like the Youth Dew Amber Nude that Tom Ford created, but could never bring myself to buy it because I've always associated Youth Dew with old women...
:shame:

I

In elementary school and jr. high it was Love's Baby Soft. I also wore Exclamation in jr. high school

Same here! I don't wear perfume daily, when I remember I do. I have the regular red cap DG and Dior Addict. The DG is probably bad now though... I've had it for over 6 yrs in a medicine cabinet!

Hmm..I think my favorite perfumes are maybe a little mature for my age, but I am pretty mature so the scents don't exactly clash with my personality, KWIM? :biggrin: My favorite scent is Versace Crystal Noir, although I have so many favorites. I love perfume.

CK Obsession was my first perfume, i was in LOVE with it. Wore it all through middle school. Wore VS Body Splash in Amber Romance in high school (STILL smells amazing to me), and i've worn various Jo Malone fragrances in college and the oil-based Chanel N.5.. I'm almost 22. I'm looking for a new fragrance, and i like two of the Tocca ones - 'Stella' and "Florence,' but i can't find anything new that makes me want to sniff my arm all day.

I rarely ever wear any scent, so what does that makes me smell like, stinky? :nuts:

When I was in high school though I wore Christian Dior Poison every day. Looking back I don't think that necessarily fit my style. I was a punker/goth kid.

Now if I do wear a scent it's either Chanel Coco (loved it for years) or some pheromone stuff that smells really natural on me. Typing this is making me want to go get some Poison though again.

i am 24 and i wear what i think smells good. for example heavenly and love spell by vs, sweet pea cucumber melon warm vanilla sugar and winter candy apple by b&bw, lucky(the pink one), hawaiian ginger or the tropical one by calgon, cool water, and britney spears curious... when i was younger i liked ck be :smile:

I rarely ever wear any scent, so what does that makes me smell like, stinky? :nuts:

When I was in high school though I wore Christian Dior Poison every day. Looking back I don't think that necessarily fit my style. I was a punker/goth kid.

Now if I do wear a scent it's either Chanel Coco (loved it for years) or some pheromone stuff that smells really natural on me. Typing this is making me want to go get some Poison though again.

my mom wears poison, i actually like the smell of it... I also tried chanel number 5 on halloween since i was dressed up as marilyn monroe and oh my gosh one drop of that stuff was strong!! I smelled like an old lady hahaha Though once it started to wear off is when it smelled the best to me :P