Do you get offended when people ask if your bag is real?

Yes. I guess it's better than them just assuming it's fake. But then I feel like when I tell them that it is real, they don't believe me anyway. And i'm not about to whip out a receipt or anything like that to prove it's real.

I've never had anyone ask but my bags aren't easily recognizable. I have had people I know ask how much certain things cost. Generally friends and co-workers (who I like and get along with very well) so I didn't really mind. It's only when you get the "are you serious?!" reaction that it bothers me. I do spend a lot of my bags but I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't own a car, and don't buy lots of gadgets. I don't bug them because they spend $100 a weekend partying so I don't see why they need to bug me about my bags. At least mine will last longer and won't give me a hangover!

I always get offended. Why would I purchase something that supports terrorism, child labor, and drug trafficking?! But I know that it's real and that's all that matters. It's just really rude when people ask that, especially when their next question is "How much did it cost?"!

I don´t really get offended, but I do get a little offended when people (friends, mostly) ask how much I paid. I mean, it´s my own money, I can use them on what I want. Like oceanplease, I don´t spend money on smoke, cars, drinking etc, so yes, I can afford it. I would never buy a bag if it would mean I couldn´t pay my bills.

"Are you carrying a real Gucci/Prada/LV?" hmmm

It really depends how you take it.

Some people will prefer that people ask rather then they just presume that its fake ("Its fake isn't it?") vs Some people will get offended and think, why would the person even think that I could be carrying a fake in the first place?

i get offended, but what's more annoying is just OVERHEARING a conversation about it.

I was at disneyland the other day when a guy and girl looked at my chanel "belt", and he loudly said to his friend. "Do you this is belt is real?" and the girl replied "I don't know, i've never seen it before." and went on to talk about it for 5 minutes on it's authenticity.

I got so angry I turned to them and said "This isn't a belt, it's a brooch attached to an Hermes scarf, and i bought the brooch at the Chanel on Rodeo Dr."

i do think it was a little rude of me, and i know it was wrong of me. But i seriously could not stand there and take their staring and gossiping. I mean, i was wearing super dark mirror reflective sunglasses, but what bothers me is that people think that i can't see them stare. Just because you can't see MY eyes, doesn't mean i can't see YOUR eyes.

I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me if a bag is real, but I often get people commenting on my bag saying how much they like it.

I don't think I'd be offended if someone asked me if my bag was real, I'd probably just be more surprised that someone would even ask in the first place.

LOL Onederland! you are a true diva...wearing chanel and hermes to Disney.:tup:

I don't get offended, they just don't know any better and probably couldn't fathom purchasing a bag seen in the magazines or on celebrities. It used to happen when I was younger, now that I'm 'older'...not so much.