Do you get offended when people ask if your bag is real?

I'd rather be asked than to be receiving non-verbal smirks. If anyone ever asks, I would love to engage in a friendly discussion on how they can tell them apart from the fake version.

I dont get mad. I have been asked many times about my bags, and the girls who have asked were like "omgg is your bag real ??" I just say yes it is, and then they said they liked it and moved on. Im in college though so I dont think its rude when girls my age ask, but if someone much older asked I would think it was kinda rude.

Nah, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't get asked very often, only if it's something super recognizable like LV mono. What's funny is when they ask you if it's a real *insert brand here* then they have to ask where you got it. Like they think maybe it's fake and they want to "catch you". I once said to an acquaintance "oh, I got this at Value Village for $27, do you think it might be fake?" Then I got into my Mercedes and drove off.
Seriously peoples!!!:bagslap:

No, I don't mind. Not all people are bag experts so I just smile and politely say "Yes". However, I can't stand when people ask me how much my bag (or anything else) was...

I think it is rather a bit rude to ask if someone's handbag or jewelry is real.

But when you know that you are carrying the "real", it doesn't matter as you know

what you have, but nonetheless a bit unexpected to be asked that question.

I dont take offense to it. Im glad to have the chance to tell someone that yes its real to show that yes, people do spend money on well made, quality items. Im sure then they would not be as likely to brag about owning a fake to me. Fakes are SO CHEEZY! Ugh.

i've only been asked by people who dress extremely badly and who either don't know me as a person or think buying a genuine designer bag is for super rich crazies, so it doesn't offend me.

the only thing i don't like is once they find out it's real, these people start being mean (whining about you having money etc), which i think is really uncalled for.

I think it's rude to ask, but it doesn't offend me if someone does. I'm pretty young (college age), so it is unusual to see a 19 year old with a designer bag. Usually it's just my less than fashionable friends asking, and I would never call them out for asking or anything like that.

some people do it to be mean or try to be snarky

I agree. I dont mad or offended. It just how the person asks or says it. I had an aquaintance that asked if my Gucci Horsebit was real and then asked how much I bought it for, and I told her it was real and the price and she was just like "I would never buy a bag for that much, even if I had the money" and in my mind I was like "yea right b***h" lol :smile:

My feelings and reactions differ from situation to situation.
I am never offended by the question. I also don't get the question very much because I carry primarily leather bags so there are not signatures or monograms on them to give away the type of bag they are.
I will probably get flamed for this but sometimes I tell them it is a fake because I really do not like the attention that comes along with having a real designer bag. I really hate talking about my bags with people who aren't bagaholics like myself and you all on tPf. I just get uncomfortable talking about how much it cost and all of the other stuff that goes along with that kind of conversation. I usually only use the "it's fake" answer with strangers or people that I don't really know that well. With the girls that I work with I tell them the truth because it would be hard to keep up the "it's fake" lie with people I see everyday. Plus, the would want to know where I got them. It still makes me VERY uncomfortable to talk about my bags with the girls at work, so I usually lie about how much I paid for it. (I tell them I got it off of ebay for a total steal).
Sorry to be so long winded.

No, I don't mind. Not all people are bag experts so I just smile and politely say "Yes". However, I can't stand when people ask me how much my bag (or anything else) was...

I agree, I don't mind when people ask if it's real, I'll just smile and say yes. But it does irritate me when they ask how much I paid for it. It's not their money and none of their business.

Worst: "What's the most you've spent on a bag/shoes?"