Do you get offended when people ask if your bag is real?

No. I have only been upset when a girl at my college asked me if my chanel WOC was real when she had previously seen my chanel jumbo which she knew was real. If I buy a real jumbo im not gonna buy a fake WOC kwim?

I can count on one hand how many times I've been asked this question.

I haven't read all the responses but I think it's very rude, especially for a complete stranger, to ask this question.

They're making an immediate assumption about what you can and cannot afford based on other factors (what you're wearing, your nationality, where you're at, etc.)

This may come off sounding snotty, but I think the mentality is that just because they can't afford it they assume you can't either because you're the same age or shopping at the same place.

i have never been asked b/c i purposely don't buy any bags that are faked. but i know it would annoy me if someone asked me in a judgey or *****y way b/c it would probably follow with a lecture or some other unpleasantry.

i think i'm this way b/c i get asked all the time by complete strangers about what ethnicity i am (except they love to say "nationality," which i always answer with "american". also they love to just come up to me and rudely go, "you viet? no? then chinese? filipino? you look filipino." etc.). asking someone's ethnicity is not per se rude or offensive, but the type of people who would ask a complete stranger that have always, in my experience, followed it up with little racist gems so i already start bristling when someone starts with the question.

i imagine that this is similar to what might happen if people were constantly asking me about whether my bag was real and how much it cost, etc. so i don't go down that path by buying a recognizable bag.

I think it's rude to ask... and I don't know why people care if someone else's bag is fake or not. Once I opened my LV wallet to pay for something and a co-worker of mine looked inside and said "It's not fake?!", which basically meant that she assumed it was fake until she happened to catch a glimpse at the inside. That was weird... weirder than someone just asking me straight out.

Some ask out of curiosity I suppose (maybe they've never seen a real one before) & like some have said it's because they assume your bag is fake & are trying to call you out on it for whatever jealous reason they may have.

Well, the questions is slightly rude but what I think is REALLY rude is when the next question is "how much did it cost?"
That one always stops me cold.:nono:

I just tell them Yes, it is real & that I got it from the official website (there are no Gucci or LV stores around me for atr least 200+ miles) & I leave it at that. Thay can get on the website & find it themselves if they want to know how much it costs. I feel uncomfortable telling anyone how much something costs because they may think why I would ever spend that much on a purse. It's none of their business really! & if I throw in where I got it from then they usually don't ask the costs which IS rude!

I don't think I've ever been asked, if I have it's long forgotten. I do get the occasional stare. But it really doesn't phase me.

Besides I'm realizing most of the general population even those that know about labels.. Can barely tell the difference of a real or fake bag. Excluding obvious fake bags. I guess because maybe they can't afford it or they don't see enough authentic bags to tell the difference?

I only own a few bags. Two are LV monogram and although I can spot a fake a mile off, most people can't and assume they are fake anyway. I usually get a "Is that real? How much did it cost?" VERY rude especially when I know the person asking and they are judging me by it (as if I have to justify myself) :nono:

Once I was in a store and put my LV on the counter while I paid for my purchase (didn't want to put it on the floor) and the RUDE man serving me said "Where did you get that? Primark?". Can you believe it? The cheek :mad: I was fuming as he said it with a nasty smirk on his face. So I said - "That may be good enough for you wife but I'm worth more!" and walked off. Normally I never answer back but it just came out. The other annoying thing was there's actually a LV boutique in my city (no Hermes unfortunately) so it's reasonable to assume it's REAL.

Recently I've been asked a few times if my handbag is real, usually in a more style conscious place like Honolulu. Also at a few shopping malls in D.C.

I prefer Chanels, so the conversation usually starts with: "What kind of purse is that?"
When I say it's a Chanel, there it comes: "A Chanel? Is it real?"
To which I say: "Yes, it is. I don't like fakes."
That usually ends a rude discussion, but if it goes on, I'm sorely tempted to tell whoever that her LV or PRADA looks fake and exactly why.
Oooooo. Meoooow, meoooow.

:heart:

Recently I've been asked a few times if my handbag is real, usually in a more style conscious place like Honolulu. Also at a few shopping malls in D.C.

I prefer Chanels, so the conversation usually starts with: "What kind of purse is that?"
When I say it's a Chanel, there it comes: "A Chanel? Is it real?"
To which I say: "Yes, it is. I don't like fakes."
That usually ends a rude discussion, but if it goes on, I'm sorely tempted to tell whoever that her LV or PRADA looks fake and exactly why.
Oooooo. Meoooow, meoooow.

:heart:
^ I like this! He-hee! :P ^