Do you get offended when people ask if your bag is real?

I only own a few bags. Two are LV monogram and although I can spot a fake a mile off, most people can't and assume they are fake anyway. I usually get a "Is that real? How much did it cost?" VERY rude especially when I know the person asking and they are judging me by it (as if I have to justify myself) :nono:

Once I was in a store and put my LV on the counter while I paid for my purchase (didn't want to put it on the floor) and the RUDE man serving me said "Where did you get that? Primark?". Can you believe it? The cheek :mad: I was fuming as he said it with a nasty smirk on his face. So I said - "That may be good enough for you wife but I'm worth more!" and walked off. Normally I never answer back but it just came out. The other annoying thing was there's actually a LV boutique in my city (no Hermes unfortunately) so it's reasonable to assume it's REAL.

LOL! I like this one too!^ Sound's like something I would say! I think it's sad that people most often assume your bags to be fake when they're not! Like my hubby always says: "Assumption is the mother of all f#%&-ups!"

I guess I don't mind too awful much!? I just smile and say, of course. I don't support counterfeiting or the slave labor industry that is used to produce them! Which makes a lot of people admit they've never considered WHERE their fakes come from.

It's sad that there are websites that sell fakes as real & don't tell u they are fakes unless you e-mail & ask them (& even then they may lie). It's terrible that are fakes that are so much like the real thing at 1st glance & even go as far as to have the "designers" name on the hardware of the bag & therefore compelling people to ask if your bag is real or not in the 1st place. I wish the production of fakes would be shut-down once & for all!

I AGREE - shut 'em down!!
The main thing about sites that sell fakes is the price, if it is too good a bargain then it isn't real. Stick to genuine websites, if in doubt don't buy it. Fakes do look real these days and the only way to know for sure is to stick to the sites that you know and trust. Check out FAQ pages on some sites, their spelling or gramma is terrible - you can get a good feel for the type of company they are by their small print.

I was in the handbag department at Nordstrom a few weekends ago and one of the SAs came up to me, pointed to my bag and said "that looks like a Balenciaga" (as if to assume it wasn't). I just looked at her and said "it is" and walked away. I usually won't mind people asking if it is real, it was just the way she said it.

i don't remember ever being asked that question. i don't wear many of the styles that are heavily counterfeited, but even if someone did ask if my bag is real, i wouldn't get offended unless they were doing so in a pointed way.

No I don`t get offended. There are more important things to get offended by.

I just don`t like people asking me how much things cost - unless if they are planning on purchasing the same item, then there is no reason to ask.

I think it's a little rude, but I wouldn't get offended - bigger things in life to worry about!
There was a great quote somewhere on a thread here - someone who when asked, 'Is it real?' looked rude person up and down before replying, 'No. You're imagining it.' Brilliant.