Food Dishwasher Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sneaky:
I cooked fish in BOTH dishdrawers for a dinner party this evening!! (35 filets with a small pat of butter and some lemon juice and a shake of garlic powder triple wrapped in Aluminum Foil packs) They raved about it!! :jrs:

Mmmm Mmmmm Good!!

:whistle:
Anyone gonna call the Earth :police: because I guarantee one bite and their stomach will veto their jabber. :lol:

Seriously though ~ Great thread! This would have taken alot (time and energy) to prepare in the oven for 20 people... Thanks OP for posting!

BTW
I recycled the foil and as for the cooking method...I'm gonna do it again!

ROCK OUT! hahah I'm so glad it turned out so well!

Wow lot of drama in this thread. I wasn't expecting it lol I just clicked this thread because it looked interesting. I don't have a dishwasher though to cook fish this way. Once in a while doesn't hurt. Of course other countries don't have alot of water, but what are we going to do? Transport it? I know sometimes some places have been close to flooding with a lot of rain, so it would have been much better to waste it. Although I am for the environment and really don't like being wasteful with natural resources, I think it was the manner in how OPINIONS were voiced that was the problem. I wish gas was being conserved more so it would be cheaper :biggrin:

On another note, now I am craving fish and will have to buy some tomorrow! :P

Why did I think you found fish in your dishwater?:upsidedown:

This was a very interesting thread. I think it's cool that OP actually made fish in her dishwasher. I'd try it if I owned a dishwasher but since I drive an SUV I figured I owe the environment one so I skipped the dishwasher :P

I'm really disappointed that everything has to turn into a lecture though. Who would've thought cooking fish would've turned into a drama-laden thread?

She said, "I ran it", so I'm assuming not just the heat.

And just because someone hadn't thought of it and is stealing the idea doesn't mean it's a good idea.

As I said, it was probably harsh, but in a world where water is precious and resources are getting scarcer, wasting energy in an obviously wasteful way just bugs me. I just wanted to say something to maybe turn on the "Oh... right" light bulb over other people's heads before they go and do the same thing... I can just seem 400 dishwashers running empty tonight just to make fish!

Agree completely.

She's acting psycho. Obviously I don't know her personally to know if she is an actual psycho in real life. Thanks for pointing out the rules to me though. So glad people like you are around to keep us all in the know!

Wow, you have officially lost my respect. I will make it a point to ignore all your posts from now on.

Wow you're a real out-of-the-box thinker! I haven't read the whole thread, but I saw someone telling you that you're wasting resources... I think it depends on the size of the dishwasher and the amount of fish being made. There are plenty of more wasteful things than running a dishwasher. Do you know how many steps it takes to process chocolate for eating? I'm more concerned about residual soap getting into the fish somehow.

But to the OP, you should learn to make poached fish. I think you would like it! Probably cooks quicker too.

Listen...I know some of you are very busy saving the world via The Purse Forum, but I have about 200 acres worth of very depressed trees who could really use a hug right now! If you have some free time, come on by! I would do it myself, but I have big plans to cook a single piece of fish in my dishwasher this evening. Oh yeah, and the humidity in my house gets a little low this time of year, so I will run it again completely empty to ensure my comfort whist enjoying my dinner.

Please don't tell me we were just at an intermission ~ I thought the movie was OVER.
:lol:

Listen...I know some of you are very busy saving the world via The Purse Forum, but I have about 200 acres worth of very depressed trees who could really use a hug right now! If you have some free time, come on by! I would do it myself, but I have big plans to cook a single piece of fish in my dishwasher this evening. Oh yeah, and the humidity in my house gets a little low this time of year, so I will run it again completely empty to ensure my comfort whist enjoying my dinner.

:lol: :lol:
^^^Nevermind, I sold the trees to International Paper, and they're coming to clearcut tomorrow...

Just Kidding!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm. This thread has really shown me which posters have a "sense of humor" and which posters are just nasty people who enjoy baiting others. A whole slew of folks have been welcomed to my ignore list. Enjoy your stay!

Intlset- I like you and I enjoy reading your threads, but why does thread continue to be such a drama-fest?! It was intended to be fun, then it turned ugly, but then it got resolved. There were two people (one from each side and I'm not naming names) who were out of line and they both got called out for it. Any of the other comments by the so-called nasty people were said in jest, to lighten the mood. But thanks for welcoming me to your ignore list-- it really shows how un-nasty and mature you are :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.