Disgraceful quality in Saint Laurent bags!!!!!

Apologies if this is the wrong format but I recently bout the small Kate from Selfridges (I’m in the US) and the hot stamp inside looks atrocious. Is it fake? Purchased another from there and it all looks good. My other YSL hotstamps are crips as well. Heavily discounted but I can’t spend thousands on something fake lol

F308C511-FBD8-41A8-A202-7B8FF22C3C74.jpeg

CD23FA31-0A26-4776-951D-75048290DBF1.jpeg

B5B7D319-C055-480F-B24B-3AF4DDAA1B95.jpeg

D1213F18-B78C-4C51-A138-4E43980A2BC4.jpeg

I have a problem! I bought this bag on ebay and today was advised that the authenticators think the bag doesn't match the sellers description. They say they have found scuffs and cracks in the glazing. I feel like this even suggests a hole? I can apparently return for a refund. Should I?

The lower res pic is from the seller and the high resolution from the authenticator - it almost looks like the seller purposefully blurred out the hole?!

Screenshot_20221114_201147_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20221121_121420_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20221121_121457_Gmail.jpg

I purchased a medium Kate from Bloomingdale’s on Black Friday (15% cash back with Rakuten!) and it came with really bad protective packaging. The protective on the chain was taped together all around, the film on the button is the worse I've seen. I still have the blue film on my medium envelope snap that i go in and out and it's not that bad. There is also adhesive the chain hardware. I don't purchase often from Bloomingdale's but should I be concerned that this could be a return? I called customer service and they told me the bag is brand new and it's just protective, it gets removed anyways (i'm def one of those to keep the stickers on if i could lol). So she said she wouldn't be able to exchange another for me since there is nothing wrong with the bag. The tag is still on the chain and i think if the packaging wasn't so bad it wouldn't bother me so much. My closest Bloomingdale's no longer stock YSL so I wouldn't be able to go to a store. Any thoughts? If you received your bag like this would you still keep it? Thank you in advance! =)

C5E1E569-585F-4FD2-9901-56A625970E20.jpeg

CFDA1958-FF61-428C-970B-87C8D6B7602F.jpeg

CFDABEA6-109A-4A1F-B7EB-93078C2FA06C.jpeg

C00B75D8-BC45-4AD8-9894-B0AD0B5AC844.jpeg

I purchased a medium Kate from Bloomingdale’s on Black Friday (15% cash back with Rakuten!) and it came with really bad protective packaging. The protective on the chain was taped together all around, the film on the button is the worse I've seen. I still have the blue film on my medium envelope snap that i go in and out and it's not that bad. There is also adhesive the chain hardware. I don't purchase often from Bloomingdale's but should I be concerned that this could be a return? I called customer service and they told me the bag is brand new and it's just protective, it gets removed anyways (i'm def one of those to keep the stickers on if i could lol). So she said she wouldn't be able to exchange another for me since there is nothing wrong with the bag. The tag is still on the chain and i think if the packaging wasn't so bad it wouldn't bother me so much. My closest Bloomingdale's no longer stock YSL so I wouldn't be able to go to a store. Any thoughts? If you received your bag like this would you still keep it? Thank you in advance! =)

View attachment 5662324

View attachment 5662325

View attachment 5662326

View attachment 5662327
I would keep it if the bag itself has no issues. I like getting things in brand new / perfect condition but knowing that ysl and other luxury brands do have their quality issues on the bags themselves, I won't be concerned about protective films. Maybe get the bag authenticated with ysl to be sure it is not fake., if that helps with peace of mind. :smile:
The medium kate is one of my most used and favorite bags from ysl, even more so than my chanels. I have the one in light grey and silver hardware.

Reactions: Avx11
I would keep it if the bag itself has no issues. I like getting things in brand new / perfect condition but knowing that ysl and other luxury brands do have their quality issues on the bags themselves, I won't be concerned about protective films. Maybe get the bag authenticated with ysl to be sure it is not fake., if that helps with peace of mind. :smile:
The medium kate is one of my most used and favorite bags from ysl, even more so than my chanels. I have the one in light grey and silver hardware.
Thank you so much! Bloomingdale’s wasn’t able to provide me with a box and I was going to call my YSL store if they are able to give me one so that’s a great idea to have one of the SA’s take a look. Crazy that you mention you have the grey and silver Kate! I was just thinking the other day if I could find one that would have been my go to!

• Love
Reactions: luvleeness
Does anyone own the YSL toy shopping tote bag? I received mine today in the color storm. The color is beautiful but the leather is really thin, and it's really bare bones inside. Is this bag worth it? Does anyone have it, and how has it worn?
i just bought it and awaiting delivery, did you end up keeping it? I do intend to buy an insert organizer from Etsy. Thanks!

Does anyone own the YSL toy shopping tote bag? I received mine today in the color storm. The color is beautiful but the leather is really thin, and it's really bare bones inside. Is this bag worth it? Does anyone have it, and how has it worn?i
I just received it but a little skeptical coz it came with a silver hardware instead of gold. I even contacted YSL directly to ask if they do carry the toy with silver hardware and they couldn’t give me a straight answer. so with that il be returning it to saksoff5th. what a bummer.

Attachments

• 22B3010B-6C33-4345-A7D8-1241424C055A.jpeg
    22B3010B-6C33-4345-A7D8-1241424C055A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 50E7E29E-365C-44E1-9020-4ECE80981128.jpeg
    50E7E29E-365C-44E1-9020-4ECE80981128.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
I have this YSL pochette from a few years ago (I think it's belle de jour ?) in patent leather. I barely use it so I took it out its dustback to photograph it and list it online. The leather is a little sticky. What can I do about it ?
Thanks

I have this YSL pochette from a few years ago (I think it's belle de jour ?) in patent leather. I barely use it so I took it out its dustback to photograph it and list it online. The leather is a little sticky. What can I do about it ?
Thanks

Lave it out

Its quite common with patent