Disgraceful quality in Saint Laurent bags!!!!!

Keep or Return?
I was able to purchase a brand new medium sunset in smooth leather (2022 model according to tag) from theDoubleF for $700 under retail price (after price increase).
I did notice some very slight issues where there is slight scruffing and a slight tear on the tassel/tag. Otherwise, it is absolutely pristine and authentic.

For the discount I received it for, I might be willing to overlook the slight imperfections especially with the new prices! Thoughts?

View attachment 5646671

View attachment 5646672
Wanted to update that the scuff marks were actually glue marks that I was able to remove! I am so happy. I can live with the small rip on the keyring tag and will probably just have it reinforced by a cobbler to prevent further damage.

I purchased a small white LouLou before the price increase from BG. The sides of the bag look weird/defective- particularly the first photo & they offered me a 10% discount. (excellent customer service) The front & back look great! Would you keep this bag? (The first pic is the left side, which really looks bad but when you’re carrying it on the shoulder, it faces to the back.) Will I eventually unsee this problem once I put my stuff inside & the shape relaxes?

284D8910-92E3-47E8-84E7-E2156654F2D3.jpeg

BD6AF17F-CB92-4A92-A13B-1C4D28877496.jpeg

Last edited:
I purchased a small white LouLou before the price increase from BG ...
I also got a white small loulou--price increase made me do it! Here is a side pic so you can compare. Small loulous already tend to be a little squished toward the back on the side and I feel like with this color faults are amplified more than with darker colors. That said I think yours does look a little odd--but now that I am looking at a pic of my bag and not at the bag itself, I think mine looks odd too! Would you mind taking a pic of the front of your bag? I feel like the quilting on mine is slightly off in the front--or PF has made me crazy looking for faults.

20221107_204056.jpg

I also got a white small loulou--price increase made me do it! Here is a side pic so you can compare. Small loulous already tend to be a little squished toward the back on the side and I feel like with this color faults are amplified more than with darker colors. That said I think yours does look a little odd--but now that I am looking at a pic of my bag and not at the bag itself, I think mine looks odd too! Would you mind taking a pic of the front of your bag? I feel like the quilting on mine is slightly off in the front--or PF has made me crazy looking for faults.

View attachment 5648556
Thanks for responding - very helpful! Here’s what the front & back of my bag looks like. I’m considering an alternate way to fix the side of the bag like the towel & blowdryer trick. Going to watch some Youtube videos & see if it’s possible to reshape the side. The bag is so pretty otherwise!!

DF5DB520-CADA-4726-8C6C-0AE53AB90D56.jpeg

8760D65D-8934-4CA4-9DC2-CFA1222E5B64.jpeg

Reactions: cathavenicethings
Thanks for responding - very helpful! Here’s what the front & back of my bag looks like. I’m considering an alternate way to fix the side of the bag like the towel & blowdryer trick. Going to watch some Youtube videos & see if it’s possible to reshape the side. The bag is so pretty otherwise!!
Ok, maybe PF is making me crazy. I was feeling like the chevron on mine was maybe lopsided or something but our bags look pretty much the same ... just my PF imagination wanting me to get another bag! Lol!

20221107_204436.jpg

Reactions: WillWork4Fashion