Disappointed DB service :(

This happened to me too last week! I got the email on Friday after their business hours , tried to use the live chat feature and was told they couldn't process payments over live chat that I would have to call. Called my credit card on Saturday to make sure nothing was wrong on my end, it wasn't and I did that just to verify what I was seeing on my on-line statement. So Monday morning, my day OFF from work I spent up until 12 noon waiting to talk to someone in payments. For a while their phone system was so backed up that when you called it would literally just say they were backed up and hang up on you. So when I did speak to the rep she said it was a glitch on their end and I said well you realize I have spent my day off and spent around 5 hours trying to correct an error that was never my error to start with. She didn't apologize or anything, she wasn't rude but was just like well it happens...I am not a happy either at the way I was treated threatening my credit in that nasty letter when the error was on your end?? How about a 25% coupon or SOMETHING. I really really don't understand how this company has so many customer service issues.

My CC company says they need to investigate the disputes....may take up to 60 days...sad....I attached the tracking numbers and even the return emails from DB.com. Either way I will get my money back. Lesson learned. I had read other people's concerns with DB.COM but never experienced it. Great handbags but better to buy from a secondary source and avoid DB.COM.

Reactions: debbiesdaughter
It's awful that everyone is having these problems. Since this is a Dooney forum, we hear about the
problems related to that company. From personal experience, etc. I can tell you that the problems
are not limited to 1 company.

The best way to avoid the problems is to shop in person, never return
an item, and pay cash. In today's world, that's not likely to be the way most of us shop.
I find the more I buy, the more problems I encounter with online shopping. (Note to self:
don't buy so much!) Between the pandemic, the volume of online orders, the system issues,
the limited # of people working in CS, returns, etc, and a bunch of other factors.... it's a mess.
I've had issues with Amazon, Macy's, and others.

The way I cope is to stop buying from a company that makes my life more difficult....
or at least cut down the volume a lot. And to give my business (and money) to companies
that make it easy to resolve problems.... because everyone of the companies has had
issues. So far, Lands End and Target have done the best job, and made it easiest for
me to resolve the problems they create. Too bad I can't find the type of handbags
I love on these sites. :smile:

Reactions: kk98zmom
Very true. Need to stop buying from troublesome sites and buy in person. So far Amazon has been the easiest to return things too. Just drop off at ups stores and I usually get my money back the same day. With the pandemic the volume of shipping and our reliance on it has increased astronomically.

Got an email today from DB.com stating one of my returns was credited yesterday...don't see it yet on my end but maybe after the holiday weekend...funny how after I file a claim with my cc company I start getting a response LOL. Two other returns processing...hopefully those will be expedited since I filed claims on all of them. Sad I had to do this to get a response and my money back.

Got an email today from DB.com stating one of my returns was credited yesterday...don't see it yet on my end but maybe after the holiday weekend...funny how after I file a claim with my cc company I start getting a response LOL. Two other returns processing...hopefully those will be expedited since I filed claims on all of them. Sad I had to do this to get a response and my money back.
Glad to see you are starting to get some progress and hopefully it is easy going from here!
I checked my bank account over the weekend and still haven’t had my DooneyPay come out so I sent them an email about that and my return. Fingers crossed haha! In that process I did notice that DooneyPay isn’t on their website anymore, the one link I saw for it went to a page not found screen. Thought that was really odd.

Reactions: debbiesdaughter
I think they are updating their systems, I noticed a new page with information on returns and asking me if I want to end my inquiry. It's obvious they know there was an issue and are trying to remediate it. I did get the usual canned response from my other two returns that it should take 10 business days to get my money back from date of return, well my purses were returned Feb 1st...so baloney. I do feel expediting a dispute through my bank has actually caused me to get some traction on my four returns. Otherwise I was getting no response, perhaps as my bank looks into it....DB.com is responding, or perhaps they are facing many disputes about returns, who knows? One of mine is on dooney pay as well, still no returns on that one, in fact, they charged me another payment a few days ago LOL...also I would think they would offer a special discount to their customers who have gone through this, would have made a difference to me....kinda sad they don't because I will never shop DB.com or ILD again.

Got a message from my bank this morning, the last two returns they have given me credit pending a response from DB.com. I don't know why I didn't think to put in a dispute earlier....woohoo. One is a dooneypay bill, which is so strange for me to be billed after they ha already received the purse??? Obviously something is wrong with their systems. Prayers for those in the cold states right now!

Reactions: Bag*Hound
My CC company says they need to investigate the disputes....may take up to 60 days...sad....I attached the tracking numbers and even the return emails from DB.com. Either way I will get my money back. Lesson learned. I had read other people's concerns with DB.COM but never experienced it. Great handbags but better to buy from a secondary source and avoid DB.COM.
Good to hear you reached out to your credit card company. When I had the issue with Dooney the AE provisional credit was issued the following day after I filed the dispute and less than 5 days the credit was permanent. I shared with the representative my experience and all that I attempted to do to gain resolution and AE took it from there and issued the refund. Hang in there, keep all of your documents just in case your bank needs proof. I am hopeful you will get your refund within the next couple of weeks if not sooner.

Reactions: southernbelle43
Waiting for two more refunds. Just sent them another reminder email. At least I got one to go through. I have disputes on the last two as well. Terrible.

Waiting for two more refunds. Just sent them another reminder email. At least I got one to go through. I have disputes on the last two as well. Terrible.
Good to hear one refund issued and two more to go. I am beyond disappointed that Dooney think so little of their customers and even less about a quality product. Dooney goes into my do not purchase file.