Dior Online horror experience - Need help!!

I was so sorry to hear that horrible experience! Really make me think twice to order online. And I m glad that it’s gonna resolve. Keep us posted when you get the strap. Can’t wait for mod shots!

Reactions: kozee
As far as customer service is concerned this is a ridiculous response. Who has the time or inclination to complain about a missing strap unless it is in fact missing. They should simply apologize and send out another strap.
indeed! It wasn’t even a strap that can be resold or readily used for another bag!

Reactions: Chagall
I was so sorry to hear that horrible experience! Really make me think twice to order online. And I m glad that it’s gonna resolve. Keep us posted when you get the strap. Can’t wait for mod shots!
Thanks!! So grateful for the support and advice from all here on this thread!
I will for sure update when I get the strap. Dior still needs to figure out how to get that to me. I will patiently wait.

Reactions: Debbie65
Update!!
So another manager from Dior CS called me today and he was really nice and professional. He said he will look into replacing the strap without any charges fi me, but it might take some time.
No mention of that warehouse video that showed the strap being packed.
He also gave me his personal contact and assured that he would be following up on my case and trying to secure a strap for me. A really stark contrast from the other robotic and defensive CS agents I spoke and communicated with previously.
He listened to my rant patiently and wrote a follow-up email recapping the conversation.
Should I tell my credit card to drop the case now? Or wait for the strap to arrive?
Wait for the strap to arrive! That is what I would do as who to say when or IF it will arrive. You don't want to go thru the process from scratch!

Thank goodness you FINALLY received some positive news. It shouldn't have taken this long to agree to send you a chain strap! Anyway, as long as you receive it, that is what matters!

Oh wow! I wasn't aware that you actually DID record the unboxing! Wow! So you too have a video but they are disregarding it?!!!! I'm just floored! I am actually blown away as I would expect this type of treatment from a small company (but then again some small companies have superior service), but Dior? No. Totally shocked. As I think on this, most bags that come with a strap have the strap stored INSIDE the bag. Why would they not do that? I'm interested now in looking on YouTube for unboxings to see if the strap is INSIDE the bag vs just being on the outside. Your strap is a chain, not a thick guitar strap so it makes no sense just to have it tossed in the box on the side of the bag being tossed around during shipping! You know, I really feel their so called footage doesn't show a strap inside the box but perhaps just tissue surrounding your bag and whomever packed your bag is stating they had it on the side of the bag as they don't want to admit they forgot to pack it. This is ridiculous. Next week when I drive to Dior to look at the strap badges I am going to mention all this to my SA and see what he says. I know the actual boutique and Dior.com are 2 different entities so he may not have much more to add then what you have already done. I did ask him before I placed my order on dior.com if I could return my bag to the boutique if I decided against it. He said no as I ordered it online, but he did say I can exchange for an item at the same price or of greater value. If I exchange for an item lesser then the original amount that I paid then the balance would be a store credit. I would not get refunded the balance. If I want a full refund I would have to ship back thru dior.com.

I received my small Lady ABC bag in "warm taupe" from dior.com. I made sure to take pics. Based off your experience, I was pretty concerned about what would be revealed when I opened the box, but thankfully, all arrived prestine. It was packaged extremely well and the bag was placed in a beautiful white box with beautiful gold art on the box. I IMMEDIATELY looked in my Lady bag and my strap was in there THANK GOD! It is beautiful however the color "Warm Taupe" looks NOTHING like what is online! I was pretty disappointed as I was thinking I was receiving a bronzey taupe nude bag but it is a very neutral traditional taupe color. It's a nice color but it was not what I wanted. I will post a thread on it to help others that are considering warm taupe. I'm going on Sat to a Dior Boutique to look at the Beige. If I like it I will switch out for that. Here is a pic of Dior.com's Warm Taupe and the Warm Taupe in person. It was hard capture the actual color, as sometimes it showed up lighter and others darker but I finally caught it on film! I took the pic in natural lighting from a window

20220112_130142.jpg

Screenshot_20220107-221100_Chrome.jpg

Thank goodness you FINALLY received some positive news. It shouldn't have taken this long to agree to send you a chain strap! Anyway, as long as you receive it, that is what matters!
I know - it was a stressful time and I can’t relax until I finally get the strap as promised. I don’t want to let my guard down!

Reactions: Debbie65
I received my small Lady ABC bag in "warm taupe" from dior.com. I made sure to take pics. Based off your experience, I was pretty concerned about what would be revealed when I opened the box, but thankfully, all arrived prestine. It was packaged extremely well and the bag was placed in a beautiful white box with beautiful gold art on the box. I IMMEDIATELY looked in my Lady bag and my strap was in there THANK GOD! It is beautiful however the color "Warm Taupe" looks NOTHING like what is online! I was pretty disappointed as I was thinking I was receiving a bronzey taupe nude bag but it is a very neutral traditional taupe color. It's a nice color but it was not what I wanted. I will post a thread on it to help others that are considering warm taupe. I'm going on Sat to a Dior Boutique to look at the Beige. If I like it I will switch out for that. Here is a pic of Dior.com's Warm Taupe and the Warm Taupe in person. It was hard capture the actual color, as sometimes it showed up lighter and others darker but I finally caught it on film! I took the pic in natural lighting from a window

View attachment 5296439

View attachment 5296444
Oh my!! It’s beautiful!! Yes not quite like the photo but still very pretty!
I’m glad you got everything in good order and quality. I should hope after this strap episode, Dior online will be more careful in their packaging. But as a luxury brand, they should have gone the extra mile in making sure products are shipped out pristine and complete as yours did.
Congrats! I hope you can switch it out if you find the beige more to your liking. ❤️

Oh my!! It’s beautiful!! Yes not quite like the photo but still very pretty!
I’m glad you got everything in good order and quality. I should hope after this strap episode, Dior online will be more careful in their packaging. But as a luxury brand, they should have gone the extra mile in making sure products are shipped out pristine and complete as yours did.
Congrats! I hope you can switch it out if you find the beige more to your liking. ❤
I go tomorrow to look at the Beige. I just hope it's still on hold as my SA is off and they only hold for 3 days. Today is technically the 3rd day so we shall see. If not I won't be too bummed out as I am really liking this warm taupe...which imo really isn't warm but more neutral. Beige may look too dressy for me. I'm looking forward to the trip. It's 1.50 hrs away for me to get there but I really don't mind it for shopping. It's my playtime away from home.

• Love

View attachment 5296439

View attachment 5296444
this is pretty you should keep it!

I just ordered something from Dior too and just read this, so scary and will definitely record myself unboxing this as well!

Reactions: skyqueen and kozee
I go tomorrow to look at the Beige. I just hope it's still on hold as my SA is off and they only hold for 3 days. Today is technically the 3rd day so we shall see. If not I won't be too bummed out as I am really liking this warm taupe...which imo really isn't warm but more neutral. Beige may look too dressy for me. I'm looking forward to the trip. It's 1.50 hrs away for me to get there but I really don't mind it for shopping. It's my playtime away from home.
I haven’t seen the beige but the warm taupe looks really good imo! I have been on a neutral kick lately!
1.5 hours is nothing for shopping - if driving to work, that’s a different matter HAHAHA!!

this is pretty you should keep it!

I just ordered something from Dior too and just read this, so scary and will definitely record myself unboxing this as well!
Yes I’ll say the best bet for all luxury purchases online, better to record. I will definitely avoid online bag purchases from now.

Confirm with your credit card as to whether there is a period of time beyond which you cannot make a claim. You don’t want to wait for the strap to materialize and then be out an avenue of recourse because you trusted them.

TBH, I don’t understand why this would take any time at all for them to figure out. You go to one of the existing bags, take the strap, same day courier it to the client and decommission the bag. The fact that he has to “get back to you” is questionable.

Confirm with your credit card as to whether there is a period of time beyond which you cannot make a claim. You don’t want to wait for the strap to materialize and then be out an avenue of recourse because you trusted them.

TBH, I don’t understand why this would take any time at all for them to figure out. You go to one of the existing bags, take the strap, same day courier it to the client and decommission the bag. The fact that he has to “get back to you” is questionable.
Just read your whole horror story. Disgraceful! Don’t wait too long for that strap to come though. Many years ago my daughter bought a Dior belt that had a dangly Dior logo or something hanging from it. Well long story short, belt was poorly made so the dangle could just slip off. It did and was lost 2 weeks after she bought it. Brought it back to Dior boutique and they said they’d send in for repair. We kept checking every few weeks about the repair and after 3 months they returned the belt saying they couldn’t fix it because they didn’t have the parts! We were soured on Dior for eons after that.

• Wow