Dior Online horror experience - Need help!!

Even if they have a video showing that the strap was packed---it doesn't mean that someone cannot "steal" it en route to you at any point in time after that was recorded and before it reached you. I would file a dispute with my cc company if that were the case. I know you can't undo things. But moving forward, it's always best to "collect-in-store" if buying expensive items like these as it gives you a chance to "inspect" the product before signing for it. Good luck..I hope this is resolved in your favor.
Dior doesn’t have a collect in store option though. It was also an impulse buy on my part because I saw it online and loved it, it was just before Christmas… sigh…

• Wow
Reactions: 880
Thanks @Debbie65 @lulilu @slayer @PuccaNGaru @showgratitude @poopsie
I really needed this support. It’s been such a disheartening experience and I didn’t expect a company like Dior to handle it this way. It’s just so unprofessional and I have reiterated so many times to CS - why should I lie about missing this strap? It’s useless elsewhere.
I do have the return tag on this bag and it seems otherwise pristine except for the missing strap. I hope that their video footage can be proven wrong, or of another bag being packed.

Reactions: Debbie65 and Anysia
I had a different issue with Vestiaire (slashed leather, the seller hid the cut in the pictures) and thankfully recorded the unboxing on video too. After two unsuccessful emails to them I filed a chargeback with my bank (paid with Cc) incl. all evidence (video, pics, correspondence, return shipment slip). My bank refunded me the money the next day. Funnily enough Vestiaire came around on the same day and agreed to do a refund after all… I told my CC provider and in the end I received the refund from VC too, while the CC refund was reversed.

Once you have written communication from Dior that they refuse to acknowledge your claim I would simply file, not waste any more second trying to speak to their customer service. It’s unacceptable what they are doing to you.

I had a different issue with Vestiaire (slashed leather, the seller hid the cut in the pictures) and thankfully recorded the unboxing on video too. After two unsuccessful emails to them I filed a chargeback with my bank (paid with Cc) incl. all evidence (video, pics, correspondence, return shipment slip). My bank refunded me the money the next day. Funnily enough Vestiaire came around on the same day and agreed to do a refund after all… I told my CC provider and in the end I received the refund from VC too, while the CC refund was reversed.

Once you have written communication from Dior that they refuse to acknowledge your claim I would simply file, not waste any more second trying to speak to their customer service. It’s unacceptable what they are doing to you.
I am having major problems attaching my videos on the emails to my Apple Card dispute center.
I have sent as much as I could - but not sure what else besides showing that the strap was not in the bag. Around the bag. In the box…
I’m glad your credit card and Vestaire both did the right thing and all is resolved!

Last edited:
I am having major problems attaching my videos on the emails to my Apple Card dispute center.
I have sent as much as I could - but not sure what else besides showing that the strap was not in the bag. Around the bag. In the box

I actually put the pics and videos in a Google Drive folder for this purpose and made the content accessible to anyone with the link.

Update!!
So another manager from Dior CS called me today and he was really nice and professional. He said he will look into replacing the strap without any charges fi me, but it might take some time.
No mention of that warehouse video that showed the strap being packed.
He also gave me his personal contact and assured that he would be following up on my case and trying to secure a strap for me. A really stark contrast from the other robotic and defensive CS agents I spoke and communicated with previously.
He listened to my rant patiently and wrote a follow-up email recapping the conversation.
Should I tell my credit card to drop the case now? Or wait for the strap to arrive?

Update!!
So another manager from Dior CS called me today and he was really nice and professional. He said he will look into replacing the strap without any charges fi me, but it might take some time.
He also gave me his personal contact and assured that he would be following up on my case and trying to secure a strap for me. A really stark contrast from the other robotic and defensive CS agents I spoke and communicated with previously.
He listened to my rant patiently and wrote a follow-up email recapping the conversation.
Should I tell my credit card to drop the case now? Or wait for the strap to arrive?
You should tell your credit card to pause the chargeback for now until further notice in this case.

Update!!

SO glad to hear this! I am so sorry that what should have been a lovely, luxurious experience has turned into such a nightmare - it’s really unacceptable and disheartening. Fingers crossed that this most recent manager comes through, and that you can move on from this terrible experience, and enjoy your beautiful new bag.

• Love
Reactions: Debbie65 and kozee
SO glad to hear this! I am so sorry that what should have been a lovely, luxurious experience has turned into such a nightmare - it’s really unacceptable and disheartening. Fingers crossed that this most recent manager comes through, and that you can move on from this terrible experience, and enjoy your beautiful new bag.
Yes - he seems straightforward and most of all, not like he was reading from a script!
It’s been two stressful weeks and I’m ready to put it behind me when they finally send the strap.