Dior Fine Jewelry

I have a question for you more-experienced fine-jewelry people: My S.A. knows that I love Victoire de Castellane's designs, and I've bought some fine jewelry from her. She was telling me about a special fine-jewelry event that Dior is holding in my area and asked if I wanted to go. She said there would be a lot of high-jewelry pieces there. I said yes, thinking it was an exhibition, and I could go admire the designs. Maybe I was naive to think I could just go and look. Now I have an hour-long appt -- what have i gotten myself into?
I’ve attended one of those events prior, and I was not pressured to buy, but I don’t know if it’s the same for all events. You will have an opportunity to see pieces that simply aren’t in the boutique and even get to try them on. It’s a very lovely event, and if some of the pieces are in your price range, even better.

If you clearly state that you’re there to see what you might want in the future, I think that’s fair. Did you ask your SA to send you the jewelry selections that will be part of the event? Usually they will send it beforehand.

Reactions: EvaLynn
i wonder if they heavily coat the mop? to make it more durable perhaps?
I wonder too and not only for Dior but Chaumet as well.
Besides VCA mop which has different sheen for each piece, the ones I saw at Chaumet/Dior seems to be heavily coated with no obvious mop sheen.

I’ve attended one of those events prior, and I was not pressured to buy, but I don’t know if it’s the same for all events. You will have an opportunity to see pieces that simply aren’t in the boutique and even get to try them on. It’s a very lovely event, and if some of the pieces are in your price range, even better.

If you clearly state that you’re there to see what you might want in the future, I think that’s fair. Did you ask your SA to send you the jewelry selections that will be part of the event? Usually they will send it beforehand.
Thanks for responding -- it's very helpful. I got more info from my SA, and it sounds like it's the same sort of event you went to. She sent a few photos of items that I haven't seen before, and they're gorgeous.

I'm really looking forward to the event. I'm such a huge fan of Ms. Castellane's designs.

Reactions: Gal4Dior
I have a question for you more-experienced fine-jewelry people: My S.A. knows that I love Victoire de Castellane's designs, and I've bought some fine jewelry from her. She was telling me about a special fine-jewelry event that Dior is holding in my area and asked if I wanted to go. She said there would be a lot of high-jewelry pieces there. I said yes, thinking it was an exhibition, and I could go admire the designs. Maybe I was naive to think I could just go and look. Now I have an hour-long appt -- what have i gotten myself into?
I went to this! It’s so fun to see the stunning pieces and hear about them. There wasnt any pressure to buy anything. But I did end up purchasing my rose de vents pendant that day.

Reactions: EvaLynn
Been thinking of the rose bagatelle line for a year and finally made the leap this year to commemorate my grandmother who has just passed, she loved roses.

Annoyingly Dior FJ had a recent price increase in France (where my SA is and where I bought this) . I wasn’t aware of the price increase until I looked back at screenshots taken 3 months ago and saw the price difference. I’m annoyed with myself for not getting it slightly earlier….

Hope you enjoy the pics! As a regular VCA and Hermes purchaser, I can say I am happy to pay for the Dior intricate designs and just how well made the items are, it definitely feels much sturdier and more substantial than H FJ.

Attachments

• ff6f763c-ac83-4596-a67c-d9b401e30329.jpeg
    ff6f763c-ac83-4596-a67c-d9b401e30329.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 5e5856fe-7878-42e9-a2ae-4a3eb71db999.jpeg
    5e5856fe-7878-42e9-a2ae-4a3eb71db999.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 122
Been thinking of the rose bagatelle line for a year and finally made the leap this year to commemorate my grandmother who has just passed, she loved roses.

Annoyingly Dior FJ had a recent price increase in France (where my SA is and where I bought this) . I wasn’t aware of the price increase until I looked back at screenshots taken 3 months ago and saw the price difference. I’m annoyed with myself for not getting it slightly earlier….

Hope you enjoy the pics! As a regular VCA and Hermes purchaser, I can say I am happy to pay for the Dior intricate designs and just how well made the items are, it definitely feels much sturdier and more substantial than H FJ.
The rose bagatelle line is indeed one of the best made, most intricate and beautiful fine jewelry. I’ve had my rose bagatelle ring for over 5 years and it’s just like new, and receives a ton of compliments. I know you will find the same with your gorgeous earrings. Congratulations, may you wear in the best of health, and loving memory of your grandmother!

The rose bagatelle line is indeed one of the best made, most intricate and beautiful fine jewelry. I’ve had my rose bagatelle ring for over 5 years and it’s just like new, and receives a ton of compliments. I know you will find the same with your gorgeous earrings. Congratulations, may you wear in the best of health, and loving memory of your grandmother!
Thank you so much for your kind words, if you have any pictures of ring and haven’t posted here please do.

If I missed it sorry about that, let me know if u did and I’ll go search for it.

Reactions: tutu_08
Thank you so much for your kind words, if you have any pictures of ring and haven’t posted here please do.

If I missed it sorry about that, let me know if u did and I’ll go search for it.
It was a while back, and the thread has been inactive I believe, but this link to my ring should hopefully work. Photos of ring in Posts #5 & #15:

Reactions: H_newbie

I would love to see a modeling shot if you feel so inclined to share 🥰

Absolutely! What impresses me is how Dior makes the rose look so ‘alive’. Every curve and every petal is so purposeful. I’m not a huge fan of shorter necklaces but thought this one was very lovely. You can adjust it to 2 different heights and the structure is softer as they have made it so that the ‘vines’ move with you.

Attachments

• 97fe8e52-dfa7-44bf-a345-92dff7f21dac.jpeg
    97fe8e52-dfa7-44bf-a345-92dff7f21dac.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 100
  • e6d04a97-bde1-43c5-a0e3-082a17e69a46.jpeg
    e6d04a97-bde1-43c5-a0e3-082a17e69a46.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 2343b2ac-1063-460d-933c-fd2b98fb32f5.jpeg
    2343b2ac-1063-460d-933c-fd2b98fb32f5.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 100
It was a while back, and the thread has been inactive I believe, but this link to my ring should hopefully work. Photos of ring in Posts #5 & #15:
Saw it! Gorgeous. Here are a few other rose gold items I tried on.
Rose gold rose bracelet (high jewellery line- entirely out of my budget)
Couture ring - inspired by the clinched in waists of Dior couture gowns. Absolutely gorgeous .

Attachments

• 01994f13-3bb5-4e9b-bcd6-956715c680db.jpeg
    01994f13-3bb5-4e9b-bcd6-956715c680db.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 117
  • a36a19ea-df9e-4478-bf59-1eea5706f981.jpeg
    a36a19ea-df9e-4478-bf59-1eea5706f981.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 117
Saw it! Gorgeous. Here are a few other rose gold items I tried on.
Rose gold rose bracelet (high jewellery line- entirely out of my budget)
Couture ring - inspired by the clinched in waists of Dior couture gowns. Absolutely gorgeous .
You wear the jewelry so beautifully!! 😍Thank you so much for sharing!

Just popping in to show a pic of my Dior rose des vents necklace (yellow gold + MOP) which I have stacked with my Cartier love necklace in this pic. There’s something about this rose des vents design that is SO eye-catching and mesmerizing - the cut gold and diamond catch the light beautifully. I’ve even had coworkers notice and compliment my necklace over zoom meetings. I don’t shower or sleep in my jewelry, but I do think Dior coats their MOP with resin or something as the finish is different (more hardy) than VCA. I also know some people say that they’ve showered with their Dior MOP pieces without any issue

Attachments

• IMG_4687.jpeg
    IMG_4687.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 105