Did I do good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!! Tonight was pretty interesting! I was out walking my dog and on my way home I saw my neighbor outside. We got to talking and he told me he has just recently broken up with his girlfriend and she had given back some of the things he had bought her when they were still together. He said he had noticed that I carried Louis vuitton bags and was wondering if I would be interested in a speedy 30 ( he didn't know what it was called..said it looks like an old school mailbox,...lol) I of course said ok I'll check it out. Well the overall bag was great..canvas in perfect condition,leather handles was a med patina, piping was good with the exception of one corner the leather did wear down the the plastic piece is showing a bit ( not that noticeable). But overall it was in excellent condition...I asked him how much he wanted to sell it for and he said $100! The bag is made in USA and he bought it in 2007 he still had the receipt! I did good right girls??

OMG you are so lucky! lol it was meant to be haha i guess it's a good thing that guys don't know their value? :cool:

Congratulations on a classic bag and a startlingly low price. I've price checked at LV what it costs to replace the piping on the speedy 30 and the LV at 59th and Lex in NYC said only $150. I would just replace all the piping on your bag and then you can fully embrace it. My mono speedy needs the piping replaced bec. I would wipe the corners with a baby wipe if they got dirty and rubbed too much that the piping did indeed break through on 3 of the 4 corners. I learned my lesson and now I just do not wipe the piping on any bags and am mindful of what I bump into or just live and enjoy it and replace vachetta when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.