Diamond stud wearers - do you take them out at night?

i have tried on several occasions, but it's just too uncomfortable for me. unfortunately, out of sheer laziness, i don't wear my studs as often as i should. they're screw backs so i get lazy taking them on and off everyday, so as a result, i don't wear them very often.

i wish i could sleep in them, but i am one of those people who sleeps on my side, so having my head on the pillow with my earrings pressed, bothers me. oh, my studs are channel setting too, so even though they're not the prong setting, they're still uncomfortable while i sleep.

go figure! :shrugs:

I don't have diamonds, but I do wear all kinds of studs to bed. I have the rubber backings though, so the posts don't poke the side of my head. Don't put a rubber backing on anything expensive though because I've lost earrings in the night before. :wtf:

Mine only come out for cleaning. Everything else comes off, but for some reason I don't feel the need to remove these. However, my jeweler tells me all the time that jewelry is not meant to be slept in.

I generally keep my earrings in unless they are dangly, delicate (pearls, or lots of little stones that could potentially fall off), or so huge they poke me. Otherwise I'm too lazy to take them out, plus they are securely in my ears so I don't even know they are there (unlike a necklace which can tighten around your neck).

I have had to wear studs to bed for the past 3-4 years. I had my ears pierced the second time at 16 and piercings take ages to heal so that I can leave earrings out for long periods of time. I always wore plain gold studs though that way there is nothing to catch and no chance of losing an expensive stone!

i've worn mine every single day since my husband gave them to me as a gift for the birth of our daughter. i never took them off...that is...until yesterday! lol

i just received a gorgeous pair of 14kt gold hoops for my birthday and i wanted to take those out for a spin...i do miss my studs though.

i find mine extremely comfortable to sleep in, even though i take off all my other jewelry as soon as i walk in the house.

lol they were almost staying in tonight. I used the rubber backings since I wanted to wear them while I wait on the plat ones, and it was NOT easy to get them off. lol