Home & Garden Designer and Other Furniture

View attachment 5364984
View attachment 5364985
View attachment 5364986

I’ve discovered the soda coffee table + side but can’t make myself buy the coffee because it’s so short! 11.8”, that’s crazy no?

the side table is a bit better at 17.7”

View attachment 5364992

but I would like the set. I think I’m going to just end up getting side table, amber. The petrol green is a bit tempting but I like the tone of the amber. I love blown glass. Was going to see about custom resin but while I love clear/color and it’s a cute design, it’s really not me:

View attachment 5364999
Not for the long haul anyways.
I really like the soda coffee tables, especially the lower one.

Reactions: Kevinaxx
Saw this on IG and wanted to cry. Sacrilege IMO. Totally ruined it for the sake of attention because she says she's keeping it... who knows how long. Some of her work really turned out great. I'm all for taking a basic furniture and making it great. Not the other way around. These youngins don't appreciate MCM pieces sadly.

Saw this on IG and wanted to cry. Sacrilege IMO. Totally ruined it for the sake of attention because she says she's keeping it... who knows how long. Some of her work really turned out great. I'm all for taking a basic furniture and making it great. Not the other way around. These youngins don't appreciate MCM pieces sadly.

Hi houseof999! Is there any chance you can screenshot and post a pic? The link only takes you to Instagram's Login and I don't have Instagram anymore.

I know you've talked about your love for MCM before so would be very interesting to see what you mean.

Reactions: 880
View attachment 5364984
View attachment 5364985
View attachment 5364986

I’ve discovered the soda coffee table + side but can’t make myself buy the coffee because it’s so short! 11.8”, that’s crazy no?

the side table is a bit better at 17.7”

View attachment 5364992

but I would like the set. I think I’m going to just end up getting side table, amber. The petrol green is a bit tempting but I like the tone of the amber. I love blown glass. Was going to see about custom resin but while I love clear/color and it’s a cute design, it’s really not me:

View attachment 5364999
Not for the long haul anyways.
Nice! Low furniture does make your ceilings look higher :biggrin:

Hi houseof999! Is there any chance you can screenshot and post a pic? The link only takes you to Instagram's Login and I don't have Instagram anymore.

I know you've talked about your love for MCM before so would be very interesting to see what you mean.
B4AEFD42-B121-44A3-9002-8EC1D66B43BA.jpeg42CA885F-9652-41B0-A735-EB7104BCA52E.jpegA260FC8C-8411-4689-A5DB-5D555A33C085.jpeg3098613D-35D2-41F1-BEBF-6677BE901DF3.jpeg

Thanks to @J’adoreHermes, who made mention of the invisible company,

DH discovered this:
Thank you so much for tagging me. The two chairs you shared are so unique and beautiful. The juxtaposition of the lacquer and teak is exquisite. I love to browse through their site and discover pieces that I have not yet seen in magazines or duped by RH and others.

Ah, got it! I appreciate your insight and your attention to detail ! Thank you
i do still think yours is an unpopular opinion (thereby belonging to this thread) bc there is such a great price disparity, more people would go for the non Hermes with seams :smile: I confess that I might be among the majority, if the club chair prices precluded a sofa purchase Lol
I could not agree more. I definitely am the only person who will ever notice the difference, but I get a lot of joy looking at the chairs knowing they are nearly perfect.

Years ago, when Hermes would make (though they now re-edited them) custom pillows with their dedar fabrics, I could not overlook how the backs were in toile. Instead, I decided to buy yards of the circuit 24 fabric and got a local artisan to make the same pillows and larger ones but with the backs also in the Hermes fabric. I do this with all my cushions. Has anyone ever seen the back of these cushions? No, but I love these small details. To my greatest surprise, the cushions came out around 1/3 cheaper all while using twice the dedar fabric.

if you have any other recommendations, may I ask if you would consider posting in the furniture thread? (i have a good relationship with my decorator, but would love to bring some ideas to the table so to speak) :rolleyes: :biggrin::flowers: I’ve determined that we’re tired of mid century modern and prefer French modern to Italian, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
I think the thread is here:
I have always loved mid century modern, but never lived in a home that would suit the style. Though, I did venture out, and got a Knoll tulip oval table in calacatta marble that I absolutely love. I paired it with some antique square Louis XVI that I reupholstered in a blue grey silk. I personally love mixing styles especially more contemporary and modern pieces with antiques and art from France as it reminds me of home, my travels, and China as a nod to the years living in Asia. I do sometimes get told that my house looks like a museum or design gallery with all the antiques and art, though, which I am still quite unsure honestly whether I should be honored or prioritize adding as many more family pictures.

As for Italian modern, B&B Italia and Cassina instantly come to mind. Armani Casa also has many very beautiful pieces. I love to look at the other pieces of the designers that are not always sold by them. For example, Mario Bellini has designed some absolutely amazing tables.

I personally do not work with an interior designer and most definitely do not have enough knowledge to be one, but I do have some that I follow and get inspired by. As a whole, I am a big fan of the work done by Kelly Wearstler. I think it’s very unique, warm, yet modern. For the exceptional attention to detail and traditional, old school European elegance, Tucker and Marks never misses. I discovered them quite accidentally when moving to our new home as they had been commissioned by the previous owner to design the home. Yet, nothing beats walking around St Germain des Pres to get inspiration or discover new designers or antiques. It is my favorite activity when I’m in Paris. On French television, there are also shows called Tendence XXI and Version Françaises that showcase old and new French designers and artisans, which I love to watch and is how I discovered Invisible Collection.

. I do this with all my cushions. Has anyone ever seen the back of these cushions? No, but I love these small details. T
Yes, exactly. I reupholster with a special eye towards the backs and edges. In fact I’ve had my reupholstery company redo them if they don’t follow the precise directions and photos that they sign off on. But, I also have my tailor redo the slips if they aren’t right Lol.
I personally love mixing styles especially more contemporary and modern pieces with antiques and art from France as it reminds me of home, my travels
Me too! Except I cannot mix stuff from Asia, bc well, I’m Asian, and it’s too close to what I grew up with lol
Yet, nothing beats walking around St Germain des Pres to get inspiration or discover new designers or antiques.
Yes exactly. I was very saddened when we asked the very experienced golden key concierge of our very nice hotel to recommend French modern furniture designers, and we found more and better just walking around

thnk you for your recommendations! Am taking notes :smile:

re Tucker & Marks, the site is beautiful. what you deem old school European, I think of as UES pre war :hugs:

Last edited:
Reactions: J'adoreHermes
Apparently, my taste is a bit corporate as per DH

I like this couch (scroll down underneath the Jupiter lounge chair )

I love that chair! Does he mean like hospitality?

Thank you so much for tagging me. The two chairs you shared are so unique and beautiful. The juxtaposition of the lacquer and teak is exquisite. I love to browse through their site and discover pieces that I have not yet seen in magazines or duped by RH and others.

I could not agree more. I definitely am the only person who will ever notice the difference, but I get a lot of joy looking at the chairs knowing they are nearly perfect.

Years ago, when Hermes would make (though they now re-edited them) custom pillows with their dedar fabrics, I could not overlook how the backs were in toile. Instead, I decided to buy yards of the circuit 24 fabric and got a local artisan to make the same pillows and larger ones but with the backs also in the Hermes fabric. I do this with all my cushions. Has anyone ever seen the back of these cushions? No, but I love these small details. To my greatest surprise, the cushions came out around 1/3 cheaper all while using twice the dedar fabric.

I have always loved mid century modern, but never lived in a home that would suit the style. Though, I did venture out, and got a Knoll tulip oval table in calacatta marble that I absolutely love. I paired it with some antique square Louis XVI that I reupholstered in a blue grey silk. I personally love mixing styles especially more contemporary and modern pieces with antiques and art from France as it reminds me of home, my travels, and China as a nod to the years living in Asia. I do sometimes get told that my house looks like a museum or design gallery with all the antiques and art, though, which I am still quite unsure honestly whether I should be honored or prioritize adding as many more family pictures.

As for Italian modern, B&B Italia and Cassina instantly come to mind. Armani Casa also has many very beautiful pieces. I love to look at the other pieces of the designers that are not always sold by them. For example, Mario Bellini has designed some absolutely amazing tables.

I personally do not work with an interior designer and most definitely do not have enough knowledge to be one, but I do have some that I follow and get inspired by. As a whole, I am a big fan of the work done by Kelly Wearstler. I think it’s very unique, warm, yet modern. For the exceptional attention to detail and traditional, old school European elegance, Tucker and Marks never misses. I discovered them quite accidentally when moving to our new home as they had been commissioned by the previous owner to design the home. Yet, nothing beats walking around St Germain des Pres to get inspiration or discover new designers or antiques. It is my favorite activity when I’m in Paris. On French television, there are also shows called Tendence XXI and Version Françaises that showcase old and new French designers and artisans, which I love to watch and is how I discovered Invisible Collection.

I think blending in MCM works with nearly all designs. I’m pretty eclectic, I lean a little masculine probably.
MCM works so well with ornate antiques imo. Some of my favorites rooms have MCM and brightly lacquered ornate French pieces. So fun!!

I have a great deal of fun sourcing pieces for our home. I like finding my fave few and asking DH to help pick… he thinks he’s designing lol
My taste is all over and I like to choose slowly because expensive regrets haunt me lol

We moved to our current home 2.5 years ago and I’m still filling it. Waiting on some really fun pieces right now, I love it!

• Love
Reactions: J'adoreHermes