Home & Garden Designer and Other Furniture

I love the Harbour and (almost) wish I had seen it before deciding on the Eden, but we have a curved deck and the pieces we chose fit perfectly. And yeah, the prices are downright :eek: :crybaby: Luckily the Harbour looks great for our other application! (I'm specifically looking at the Avalon 2-seat sofa). The Roda Eden decision has been about a year in the making figuring out the fabrics, specific configuration etc. We're getting 2 Laze chairs to go with it. Going whole hog on our deck this year since we redid the surface last year in ipe and tile. Bonus is that we plan to take this with us if we do make a move further south as we retire. The sectional will have 2 seats with backs, then the trapezoidal piece then a backless piece on the other side that can be either seating or a table. Previously I had (still have) a Costco "woven" units that cost me $2K 7 years ago (so that owes me nada!). Wanted more seating but it's no longer available so now I "have to" get to splurge.

Pic of deck attached, with pic of Eden that I used as inspiration for the design (along with 2 Laze chairs which I cannot resist - the black chair at the left of the screenshot is Laze).

FYI CoverStore makes furniture covers, even to your measurements. They have 3 different levels of quality/waterproofing IIRC. We had a set made for about $350 for the Costco set and they fit exactly and stay put and are waterproof. https://www.coverstore.com/patio-furniture-covers/seating-chair-covers

OT Side note: My husband made our deck railing. He builds race cars and put his roll-cage welding skills to good use :love:

View attachment 5757730

View attachment 5757731
I LOVE the deck railing! So cool that your DH can do that! The cars must be amazing too… would adore if you are inclined to start a thread where we can see them :smile: Love your deck and furniture! Spectacular!

Thank uou for the cover store rec! Will look into that asap :biggrin:

ETA: pic of outdoor furniture inspiration (Aman club NY) until I googled outdoor furniture and got extreme sticker shock lol). The furniture chosen by @WingNut gives off a similar refined, gorgeous, yet relaxed vibe :smile:

912D78E5-E9EA-43B1-97F0-1D66390B0D4C.jpegF177278A-69B7-45A6-9894-50FFDB580662.jpeg9246352F-F22D-471B-A526-1C3F2B71773A.jpeg

Last edited:
Opinions wanted! We just poured concrete cuz I got tired of weeding and planting new plants only for critters to destroy them every year.
Anything else I could do to improve the aesthetics of this space?

PXL_20230911_180058011.jpg

We just put up a short wooden retaining wall to hold the dirt in the back. Then I'm mulching. I am planning on buying two small tables to put on each side to put drinks down.

Reactions: JenJBS
Opinions wanted! We just poured concrete cuz I got tired of weeding and planting new plants only for critters to destroy them every year.
Anything else I could do to improve the aesthetics of this space?

View attachment 5859771

We just put up a short wooden retaining wall to hold the dirt in the back. Then I'm mulching. I am planning on buying two small tables to put on each side to put drinks down.

It’s very nice and sunny :smile: Perhaps a coffee table or somewhere to put your feet up. And, a trellis of plants that are not so attractive to said critters? My moms friend suggested we have artificial foliage, but it sounds a lot better after getting the bills from our landscape designer lol

I forgot to post this bench in this thread. Our interior designer ordered it, but no idea when it will actually get to us

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: houseof999
It’s very nice and sunny :smile: Perhaps a coffee table or somewhere to put your feet up. And, a trellis of plants that are not so attractive to said critters? My moms friend suggested we have artificial foliage, but it sounds a lot better after getting the bills from our landscape designer lol

I forgot to post this bench in this thread. Our interior designer ordered it, but no idea when it will actually get to us
Bench looks nice! Looks heavy though. How do you feel about it?

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Bench looks nice! Looks heavy though. How do you feel about it?
Thanks! No idea, since we haven’t seen it IRL yet, but we adored the concept enough to try it out. Will let you know when it arrives :smile:

ETA: I hope it’s a bit heavy bc our terrace is on a high ish floor, but not too heavy, bc we have certain weight restrictions
Mainly the weight restrictions referred to planters (apparently soil is extremely heavy), but this is something we left to professionals to figure out

Reactions: houseof999
Our perforated steel bench has still not arrived….

But our main coffee table in white travertine did (for inside)

By Stephan Parmentier (and much less expensive if you can buy in Europe, even including air freight and white glove service, the latter essential for an 800 pound table)

An interesting article on Stephan Parmentier (I didn’t know he worked for Karl Lagerfeld and designed for Hermes Petit H)

Pic does not do this table justice :smile:
IMG_5747.jpeg

And a bronze by Miguel berrocal, that we bought to go on the table…

IMG_5749.jpeg

Last edited:

By Stephan Parmentier (and much less expensive if you can buy in Europe, even including air freight and white glove service, the latter essential for an 800 pound table)

An interesting article on Stephan Parmentier (I didn’t know he worked for Karl Lagerfeld and designed for Hermes Petit H)

View attachment 5983834

View attachment 5983860
That's such a beautiful table. Love travertine.

• Thanks

View attachment 5983834

View attachment 5983860
Woah.....that table is GORGEOUS! You do have impeccable style dear @880 ! It will look right stunning with the statue. (and I'm taking notes....as my style is still evolving)

• Thanks
Woah.....that table is GORGEOUS! You do have impeccable style dear @880 ! It will look right stunning with the statue. (and I'm taking notes....as my style is still evolving)
Thank you so much @WingNut. I love your taste :smile:, and I hope your outdoor spaces are finished to your satisfaction. Your gorgeous roda Eden furniture gave me a lot of ideas

• Thanks
Reactions: WingNut
I'll have to post a photo once we get all our cushions out. Got delivery late October and have been to busy to stage, so I'm excited. Thank you!!!
Am looking forward to seeing it!

Pls let me know if you advise scotch guarding…. Im new to outdoor furniture and bought special outdoor furniture spray and am debating :smile:

Am looking forward to seeing it!

Pls let me know if you advise scotch guarding…. Im new to outdoor furniture and bought special outdoor furniture spray and am debating :smile:
I don't think I'll be doing any scotchguarding. The fabric we chose (I forgot the name) is supposedly their weather-proof version. Haivng said that I plan to have custom covers made from Coverstore....those are water/weatherproof and guaranteed for a decade.

• Insightful