Delayed shipment from Germany using DHL Germany/Deutsche Post - and I'm using premium

Lena, So sorry to read about the nightmare you are experiencing.
The seller does not even have to go to the Post Office, it is possible to file an investigation request (Nachforschungsantrag) online. I had the same thing happening early December with a GM shawl I sent to Chicago. There was no progress for 10 days, only after I filed an investigation request and DHL/Deutsche Post contacted usps the shipment showed up (obviously it was sitting somewhere at the usps facility in New York) and after another 6 days it arrived in Chicago.
In case you need more help/assistance with this matter, please feel free to send my a private message. I'd be happy to help.
I will be away for an appointment with my doctor and will not be able to answer a private message for the next three or four hours. Just in case you might want to contact me.

Hi guys! I need some help or advice here, maybe there is someone having same issue.

I bought expensive handbag ( just like Daniel from previous post), I paid for it with wire transfer, and the seller sent it from Germany . On November 28 2016 it said that the package will be transported to destination country and since then no further update. I'm so frustrated and desperate. I contacted the seller and asked to go to German post office and fill the search request but she cannot do it because she don't speak German, she said that she will ask some of her friend to do it but she don't know when that friend that speaks German will come to Germany ... I called dhl ( I'm in the states) a million times but they cannot initiate the search from me as the buyer. It's been more than 35 days, I'm do scared that it will get lost. I check the tracking every hour or so in hope to see at least anything but nothing happens.... Maybe somebody else experiences the same problem, maybe someone from USA waiting for the delivery from German post office?! Please let me know!!!

Well she does not speak

Lara , Thank You so much for reply!
Well , let me tell some more details. The seller is private shopper , she is originally from Russia so her English is fair...She said that she had her friend (that does speak German) to go at the post office and post office said that they cannot file the search request because the package at the US customs and after I called the US customs thay said that if package have arrived at the customs, it would be scanned ....
So I asked the seller to ask her friend to go to post office and either ask for profof delivery to US customs or finally file the seacrh request ( its been going on for 2 weeks!!)

I cannot open ebay case because I paid with wire and it was not eBay transaction....
So I kind of stuck and try to find a way to figure out something myself because most probably I will not get my money back if the package wont arrive.
Needless to say that every day starts and ends with the package deal... Omg i am so worried and frustrated. I just hope that its only delay and the package is not lost :sad:((
Here is the tracking number 350309323205 - thats the number for DHL germany post office and here is for USPS CL629087177DE...
Please if anybody can help me , maybe there are German talking people on here. I have pictures of the receits also but i cannot do much as buyer :sad:(
My husband and I even tried to call German Post office but their English was very poor .
I will apreciate any kind of help. Thank You!
How did you find this seller? If you're in the US and she's in Germany, I assume you don't know each other.

How do you know she's honest? Why did you pay by wire? Do you know whether the seller has any history of selling expensive and high fraud items? Where did you originally see the item or listing? Is there a link? Have you tried googling the seller's name or ID to see if there's any indication of fraud?

I checked the tracking (USPS) and it shows only exactly what you found. It does appear she shipped "something" because tracking shows "processing" on November 28.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1= CL629087177DE

Unless the package shows up somewhere or shows some movement, you will be out of luck. Sending money by wire is the equivalent of sending cash and there's no way to "undo" it. There's no protection for wired payments.

Reactions: twin-fun
Lena, Do you know if the seller sent it fully insured (amount?) and as a "premium" package (extra charge)?

If not, it is just a "regular" package and may take much longer to arrive than a premium shipment!
In case the package is lost and she sent it fully insured, SHE will receive a refund in the amount she declared to be insured. She then would have to reimburse you.

As BeenBurned said, she sent "something", hopefully, it was the bag you purchased and paid for.
She should file an investigation request immediately to enable DHL/Deutsche Post to contact usps about the shipment. If no investigation request is filed, the package might not show up anywhere.

If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lena, So sorry to read about the nightmare you are experiencing.
The seller does not even have to go to the Post Office, it is possible to file an investigation request (Nachforschungsantrag) online. I had the same thing happening early December with a GM shawl I sent to Chicago. There was no progress for 10 days, only after I filed an investigation request and DHL/Deutsche Post contacted usps the shipment showed up (obviously it was sitting somewhere at the usps facility in New York) and after another 6 days it arrived in Chicago.
In case you need more help/assistance with this matter, please feel free to send my a private message. I'd be happy to help.
I will be away for an appointment with my doctor and will not be able to answer a private message for the next three or four hours. Just in case you might want to contact me.
Thank You so much for willing to help! I sent you private message!

How did you find this seller? If you're in the US and she's in Germany, I assume you don't know each other.

How do you know she's honest? Why did you pay by wire? Do you know whether the seller has any history of selling expensive and high fraud items? Where did you originally see the item or listing? Is there a link? Have you tried googling the seller's name or ID to see if there's any indication of fraud?

I checked the tracking (USPS) and it shows only exactly what you found. It does appear she shipped "something" because tracking shows "processing" on November 28.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1= CL629087177DE

Unless the package shows up somewhere or shows some movement, you will be out of luck. Sending money by wire is the equivalent of sending cash and there's no way to "undo" it. There's no protection for wired payments.
As I said in my previous post, she is personal shopper. She is from Russia ( I am originally from Ukraine), she goes to Germany once a week to buy stuff for people fromrusdia, Ukraine , etc, I have few friends that recommended the seller as honest and reliable person . She has Instagram acc where she sells stuff, also she has good reviews on internet when I search her Instagram name. I don't have doubts that the iteam was shipped, I am just concerned that it got lost and the seller does not seem to be as concerned as I am. So I try to search for all kind of help on this matter. I know that there is no protection if money was sent by wire... I also asked to send it by DHl, but I didn't know that in Germany dhl is just regular post office like the USPS in America!

Lena, Do you know if the seller sent it fully insured (amount?) and as a "premium" package (extra charge)?

If not, it is just a "regular" package and may take much longer to arrive than a premium shipment!
In case the package is lost and she sent it fully insured, SHE will receive a refund in the amount she declared to be insured. She then would have to reimburse you.

As BeenBurned said, she sent "something", hopefully, it was the bag you purchased and paid for.
She should file an investigation request immediately to enable DHL/Deutsche Post to contact usps about the shipment. If no investigation request is filed, the package might not show up anywhere.

If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I don't think she put any kind of insurance. Seems that she sent it the cheapest way possible , all I know is that she paid around 40 euros for shipping, that's what it says on the receit, I wish me as buyer could open the search request, so I could finally get things moving. Btw when there is a search request opened- is there a case number or anything to follow what is happening and if the post office actually searching for a package ? Or it's like you ask them to search for your package and never hear the end of it?! I wonder of my package is lost will the pos office actually admit it and say that it's lost and I will know for sure and will not wait for it to show up one day....

I am just concerned that it got lost and the seller does not seem to be as concerned as I am.
Of course the seller isn't as concerned as you are because she has the cash and nothing to lose if the package disappears.

We are trying to help but it's hard to do so when you (as buyer) have no protection and are at the mercy of the seller who may or may not be honest and the shipping company that may or may not be honest and may or may not be negligent.

Of course the seller isn't as concerned as you are because she has the cash and nothing to lose if the package disappears.

We are trying to help but it's hard to do so when you (as buyer) have no protection and are at the mercy of the seller who may or may not be honest and the shipping company that may or may not be honest and may or may not be negligent.
Yes, that's what I think so! I don't think she will want to refund my money if the package got lost.
I just thought maybe somebody else on here is in the same " boat" as I , or maybe people will share their experience, so I will still have ill bit of hope... Because more days pass less hope I have . It's just big part of me refuses to think that it might bey case that it's lost. Hope it makes sence what I am saying ...

Yes, it does make sense what you're saying but there's very little anyone can do to help when you paid cash for an item and the seller has that money. There are hundreds of threads here (and thousands if you count posts on the interest) where buyers were scammed by wiring money. Although in Europe it's common to pay for items by wire transfer, it's a huge risk and something I'd (personally) never do myself nor would I recommend that others do it.

Well she does not speak

Lara , Thank You so much for reply!
Well , let me tell some more details. The seller is private shopper , she is originally from Russia so her English is fair...She said that she had her friend (that does speak German) to go at the post office and post office said that they cannot file the search request because the package at the US customs and after I called the US customs thay said that if package have arrived at the customs, it would be scanned ....
So I asked the seller to ask her friend to go to post office and either ask for profof delivery to US customs or finally file the seacrh request ( its been going on for 2 weeks!!)

I cannot open ebay case because I paid with wire and it was not eBay transaction....
So I kind of stuck and try to find a way to figure out something myself because most probably I will not get my money back if the package wont arrive.
Needless to say that every day starts and ends with the package deal... Omg i am so worried and frustrated. I just hope that its only delay and the package is not lost :sad:((
Here is the tracking number 350309323205 - thats the number for DHL germany post office and here is for USPS CL629087177DE...
Please if anybody can help me , maybe there are German talking people on here. I have pictures of the receits also but i cannot do much as buyer :sad:(
My husband and I even tried to call German Post office but their English was very poor .
I will apreciate any kind of help. Thank You!

dear, from the German tracking it has gone through the international shipping centre but where it is now can't be understood - it seems usps hasn't updated or it is still stuck in Germany.

I shipped something from Saudi Arabia, where I am based currently, to the US and the item shows as delivered on Saudi Post (confirmed by recipient) while USPS still only shows that the item has been processed in the origin country - so it may be possible that your package is sitting somewhere between Germany and the US and neither is updating...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only hope that your package somehow got held up in the Christmas shipping rush and is lingering somewhere to be forwarded. I had an experience with an item I purchased through eBay that seemed to be missing in action for days even though it was sent priory mail only to suddenly turn up. I can sympathize with you as I constantly tried looking for updates on the USPS tracking website where it would only say, "Item in transit". I hope this will have a happy ending but please heed BeenBurned's advice and use a credit card or PayPal from now so that you have some type of buyer protection.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only hope that your package somehow got held up in the Christmas shipping rush and is lingering somewhere to be forwarded. I had an experience with an item I purchased through eBay that seemed to be missing in action for days even though it was sent priory mail only to suddenly turn up. I can sympathize with you as I constantly tried looking for updates on the USPS tracking website where it would only say, "Item in transit". I hope this will have a happy ending but please heed BeenBurned's advice and use a credit card or PayPal from now so that you have some type of buyer protection.
I had this happen to a few packages I've sent through USPS. The tracking just stops updating and it appears an item is sitting in a location for a week or more. On the last one, my post office told me to file a missing package request. After I did that, the package started moving again. Then about a week after the package was delivered, I got an email from USPS that they were still searching for my package.

When I check your tracking I see next step say ''The shipment will arrive in the destination country'' . From my experience with Deutsche Post the package has left Germany and next update will be when is arrived in postage sorting center of your country. That in case all is ok and package is not lost on the road. December 2015 I had almost one month delay with package from Germany to another European country with Deutsche Post.
https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-pu...y=13&_sourcePage=%2FWEB-INF%2Fjsp%2Fquery.jsp