Deceived by Fashionphile! Pictures attached

Return it and look for another PM. I would not accept that sort of service, I would just decide to look at the positive like ..ok atleast at the end of this, i know now the pm fits perfect and gm might have been too big.

I think you should return it. Their customer service is awful, and you don't want that negative experience attached to your bag. Plus, why should you pay more than what they're selling a PM for?

I wonder what's going on with Fashionphile! There's another forum member that recently had a huge issue with them as well http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/i-am-livid-fashionphile-796400.html over at the Chanel subforum. :tdown: Not good!
i just took a look at the thread you referenced. not good. buying and selling used bags has really changed in the past few years i think, and not for the better. it's too bad because it can be a good experience, but one bad one really turns me off for a long time.

That sounds so weird they won't do anything until they get the bag back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the issue is that the OP has contacted them to say the bag is the wrong size and to seek a price reduction.

Their records say the bag is a GM, she says it's a PM.

As a business owner, I can imagine that they get a lot of scammers (look at the forum members here who've had problems with selling items to scammers on ebay). In this case, the OP appears to be 100% in the right, but how do they know that? They'd have to ask for the bag to come back before they could agree to credit her the money she's asking for in difference. If they didn't do this as a matter of routine policy, they'd leave themselves vulnerable.

None of this goes to excuse the fact that there's some sloppy record keeping going on or that she's had significant problems with getting it sorted out (although I doubt the manager would authorize a credit/partial refund on the basis of a phone call either).

I say return it for a full refund and move on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the issue is that the OP has contacted them to say the bag is the wrong size and to seek a price reduction.

Their records say the bag is a GM, she says it's a PM.

As a business owner, I can imagine that they get a lot of scammers (look at the forum members here who've had problems with selling items to scammers on ebay). In this case, the OP appears to be 100% in the right, but how do they know that? They'd have to ask for the bag to come back before they could agree to credit her the money she's asking for in difference. If they didn't do this as a matter of routine policy, they'd leave themselves vulnerable.

None of this goes to excuse the fact that there's some sloppy record keeping going on or that she's had significant problems with getting it sorted out (although I doubt the manager would authorize a credit/partial refund on the basis of a phone call either).

I say return it for a full refund and move on.

I can see how they do not want to get scammed but I thought the pics of the measurements would be enough based on their records of the bag they sent. So they get the bag back, look at it and mail back to her. I would not go thru all that hassle based on principle of the matter. I would return, ask for my money back and wash my hands of them all together! I would not want to do business with someone who handles themselves like that and treats their customers that way....

I can see how they do not want to get scammed but I thought the pics of the measurements would be enough based on their records of the bag they sent. So they get the bag back, look at it and mail back to her. I would not go thru all that hassle based on principle of the matter. I would return, ask for my money back and wash my hands of them all together! I would not want to do business with someone who handles themselves like that and treats their customers that way....

Nah. As you know from ebay, people can do anything with pics and make all sorts of ridiculous claims. I mean, I personally think it would be a lot of hassle to set this up as a scam for a measly $100, but I've heard of people buying, wearing and trying to return undergarmets, so I guess some people really will do anything for a buck, eh?

But I agree with you: she should avoid any further hassle - and, let's face it, after the second screw-up, it's way over most reasonable people's limit - and send it back for a full refund.

Nah. As you know from ebay, people can do anything with pics and make all sorts of ridiculous claims. I mean, I personally think it would be a lot of hassle to set this up as a scam for a measly $100, but I've heard of people buying, wearing and trying to return undergarmets, so I guess some people really will do anything for a buck, eh?

But I agree with you: she should avoid any further hassle - and, let's face it, after the second screw-up, it's way over most reasonable people's limit - and send it back for a full refund.

Ugh! Been in the ebay forum, gave me nightmares!:shocked:

I do not have either the PM or GM Galleria, but I did find the GM measurements on the USA LV website (type in the search field "Galliera GM" and it will come up): Width 7.9" x Height 13.4" x Depth 19.7".

I hope this helps and good luck OP with this situation.

If anyone here has a GM they should post pictures like you did of measurements and you can email fashionphile;)
But the bag does look nice on you, i have the Azur PM also and yours is mIF makes it special but situation is irritating though. I would try to negotiate a fair price and no matter the item i know alot of people do spike up price alil if they have a miF item just because alot of people seek that out more and my Galliera has a cloth tag inside :smile: enjoy the bag if you can :smile: and GL

In the past, I have had problems with Fashionphile incorrectly measuring handbags. I've been wanting the larger version of the Monogram Canvas Alma forever and thought I found it on Fashionphile. Turns out, they had measured the bag incorrectly. It took four emails for them to fess up to their mistake...

If it were me, that handbag would have already been in the U.S. Mail. Get your refund, save your money, spend a little more and buy the bag brand new. NEVER, ever accept poor customer service!

P.S. The PM size is a perfect fit for your very cute figure!