Deceived by Fashionphile! Pictures attached

this would leave a bad taste in my mouth, IMHO if this was me i would have them send a free shipping label and return the bag for a refund. first of all their customer service is very lacking. they screw up twice and not owning up to their mistakes. this is definitely the PM size and for the price they asking...personally i think you're over paying. base on your pics, the patina is in medium shade already and you can find the PM size in better condition in the $1200 price range. i think for your frame the PM would be perfect and the GM would be too big.

I don't feel like a have any leverage here. The manager won't talk to me. They want the bag back before any, if any, discounts are made.
What leg do I have to stand on if I want to keep the bag? I do like the bag and it does fit me well.
I even told the associate in a non-threatening way that I want to post this to the purseforum which will generate a lot of inquiries. This could help or hurt their business potentially.

I guess they don't realize the power of the Purseforum!

That sounds so weird they won't do anything until they get the bag back. Do they look at it and send it back again to you if you want it? Seems like a lot of work for you as the customer..you took pics ofthe measurements! I have the PM and used it today. I think its perfect size. I say if you like it keep it and get the difference or return and wipe your hands of them.
You can also file a complaint to the BBB ....
I am definitely crossing them off my preloved site to consider...I am a firm believer in good customer service.

Yes, that is a PM (measurement & number of squares). But mistakes do happen.

Best thing to do is to write them an email for Monday morning, remind them of the initial problem, tell them the current problem & how you would like to resolve it. Then follow up with a phone call where you need to speak with the manager & not several different people. Just stay calm, be resolute & know whether you want a PM or GM & at what price when asked. If you end up returning the bag, don't worry since there are always Gallieras for sale on reseller sites. Based on info in another thread, Gallieras ARE discontinued, so if you want to purchase from a Boutique, you may want to call LV to get an idea of inventory.

Ref the bags cleanliness, I've had excellent experience with Fashionphile (& Yoogis) selling & buying and I have never received a completely clean bag (to my standards) from either reseller. Don't understand it, but no matter, as I always clean my new-to-me items anyway, no matter how new they look, smell & feel.

Good luck & don't let this drive you bonkers!

I've only bought preloved from Yoogis but I've bought at least 8 bags among other items so far and each one has beat my expectations on condition. I have never received a bag that has had any stains either in the inside or out. And I am extremely picky about my bags both new and used. If anything , I question if they ever have been used. I have called Yoogis about the condition of a bag and the girl I talked to put me on hold, got the bag and answered all my questions.

The bottom line here is called FRAUD. No matter how pretty the bag is. You agreed to purchase a specific bag, and they provided you with a completely different one at an inflated cost. Bait & switch, anyone?!!

I would return the bag immediately, get my refund in full (including ALL shipping charges) and be done with them. The reality is that even if you sent the bag back to "prove" it is indeed the PM and not GM, you clearly can't trust them to return the same handbag after issuing you another potential refund in price difference. I'm all about extending the benefit of the doubt, but they have already bamboozled you a couple of times.

NEXT!

Bamboozled! I have heard that word like twice this week hahaha! Love the usage of crazy words!

I agree though. Customer service is everything! It's like restaurants; if I'm treated poorly, there are too many other restaurants I can go to with better service. Word of mouth (or Internet lol) does go a long way. I've never bought pre-loved before, so bad CS is scaring me from Fashionphile!

I have that exact bag . Its def. the pm. You look petite. The pm on me looks bigger because i am only 5'1. I would send it back. Get your money back for sure. Is there any way you can check LV instead to see if there are any azur galliera pm still out there? I would much rather pay full price from LV then deal with this bull. I never ever buy preloved and this is why. These people think they are experts and they are not. The only way you will know your bag is 100% auth. is to get it straight from LV. If they can make mistakes on prices and measurments they sure can make mistakes on authenticity. :smile:

what a shame that you have had to deal with this. there is something to be said for just buying new. altho it is more expensive, at least you know it is authentic and hopefully lv will treat you as a valued customer. in the past few years i have gotten to the point that one really bad customer service experience is enough for me and generally, if the merchant shows no interest in making things right, i am done dealing with them. it's just not worth it. these bags are expensive, used or new, and a bad experience really turns me off from dealing with a merchant who isn't responsive. good luck in resolving this. hope it all works out for you.

If u feel cheated, return the bag and buy from lv store directly. 1200 is not much of a discount from retail of 1580 brand new. And it is clear that they rather refund than to offer a 2nd discount.

Hi ladies! I need your help. I just bought a DA Galliera GM (made in America) from Fashionphile for $1100. They called me before they were going to ship it out to tell me that the bag reeked of vinegar and wasn't noticed earlier. Fashionphile offered to either refund my money or discount it to $950 and send me the bag after they did a "bag bomb" on it to try to remove the smell. I saw that they had just listed another DA gal gm for $1350 MIF and I offered to take that instead. The sales associate said the manager will do that but only if I pay $1200 total instead of $1350. I was happy to do so because it was in better shape and made in France.

The package arrived today. The bag is gorgeous. The vachetta is looking great and the bag smells wonderful. Only issue is that it is the PM not the GM. I measured it twice. My husband measured it too. We compared the measurements to LV and it is definitely the PM. I checked my receipt and the one picture I was able to save from their listing to confirm it was listed as the GM.

I called Fashionphile and they said that I was probably mistaken because the bags are only different by an inch (not true, the sizes are much different). She said she would talk to her manager and call me back. I let an hour go by and no one called. I called Fashionphile back and that previous employee had left for the day and never talked to the manager. Now I was starting to get a little upset. After explaining my situation to another associate she then put me on hold for 15 minutes. I finally hung up and called them back. When I asked to speak to the manager, the girl said she would give him the message but he wants me to send the bag back so that they can make sure that I am not trying to scam them.

Fashionphile wants the bag back because they said they have been selling for years and don't ever make mistakes. They said I am probably wrong because the gm and pm are only different by an inch (yeah right). I don't like being called a liar. I offered to send pictures with measurements to prove the sizing issue. I had to remind them that they made huge errors in the two listings that I was working with them on: first was the major detail of a strong vinegar smell left out of the first listing, and second was the fact that they sold me a pm but listed it as a gm.

So, what should I do. I like the bag but want it for a pm price or the $950 they tried to agree to earlier. They want the bag back so that they can measure it for themselves. It is better for them to refund my money in order to resell it at a higher price than to discount it for me.

Is $1200 too much for this pm? It is MIF the 6th week of 2010. I know this style is to be discontinued soon. Even though I like the bag I still can't help but feel Fashionphile did me wrong.

Am I crazy? I would love to hear from you all. I value your opinion.

Thank you!

I have GM, yours is pm, send back the bag, this kind of customer service is not acceptable, you can find better condition than this one in Yoogiscloset and cheaper price, I know they still have pm list in their site.

I have GM, yours is pm, send back the bag, this kind of customer service is not acceptable, you can find better condition than this one in Yoogiscloset and cheaper price, I know they still have pm list in their site.

^ agree..check out Yoogis site......
I definitely know Yoogis would never do anything like that. They are all about customer service! After 19 purchases I am still crazy about them, they are the best!!
http://www.yoogiscloset.com/louis-vuitton-azur-damier-canvas-galliera-pm-bag-19171.html