Dalle Mie Mani

I also am not a fan of Laurel bags. I have not had good experience with quality; poor stitching, construction, same as others. And was very displeased with her CS attitude. I’m glad others had pleasant experiences with her, as I did not. I simply wanted to bring the inconsistencies/flaws to her attention, so she could work on it. And know I was fine with what I had as I understand it’s handmade. She was very defensive and flat out accused me of trying to get the bag for free!! I am not that type of person, nor did I even imply I wanted anything. Needless to say I will not be ordering from her ever again. I’d rather save the money up and buy the real thing. Her designs are “knock-off-y” but went against my better judgement to give her a try.

I also am not a fan of Laurel bags. I have not had good experience with quality; poor stitching, construction, same as others. And was very displeased with her CS attitude. I’m glad others had pleasant experiences with her, as I did not. I simply wanted to bring the inconsistencies/flaws to her attention, so she could work on it. And know I was fine with what I had as I understand it’s handmade. She was very defensive and flat out accused me of trying to get the bag for free!! I am not that type of person, nor did I even imply I wanted anything. Needless to say I will not be ordering from her ever again. I’d rather save the money up and buy the real thing. Her designs are “knock-off-y” but went against my better judgement to give her a try.
Speaking of knock offs...I was looking through her Facebook and this sure looks like a Rebecca Minkoff MAB.Screenshot_2018-12-25-20-08-36.jpgScreenshot_2018-12-25-20-08-43.jpg

Reactions: Butterlite
IMG_1545833309.162508.jpg I don’t think it’s a big deal if there are elements, like the shape of a decorative flap, is similar to other styles in the bag universe. There is no harm in borrowing elements from this or that bag and creating your own bag with all your favorite design features that you’ve seen in the world.

Here’s my amazing studded barrel. Can’t wait for my navy with rainbow!

You are so right!! This is a TOTAL knock off of a Rebecca Minkoff MAB (not just borrowing elements)!!

I mean, how are either she or Laurel Dasso still allowed in these discussions, let alone have threads about them? Isn't PF adamantly against knock-offs??
I mean honestly, these are from Laurel Dasso's website:
A straight up Givenchy Pandora knock-off, another Rebeccas backpack knock-off, a Rocco/rocky knock-off, AND a poor Mansur Gavriel knock-off. When is enough, enough?
il_570xN.1385878841_75io.jpg il_570xN.1385878841_75io.jpg il_570xN.1517386742_aufj.jpg il_570xN.1121231947_mjm0.jpg il_570xN.674529722_qhom.jpg il_570xN.1385878841_75io.jpg il_570xN.1517386742_aufj.jpg il_570xN.1121231947_mjm0.jpg il_570xN.674529722_qhom.jpg il_570xN.1517386742_aufj.jpg il_570xN.1121231947_mjm0.jpg il_570xN.674529722_qhom.jpg

Attachments

• il_570xN.1385878841_75io.jpg
    il_570xN.1385878841_75io.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 129
  • il_570xN.1517386742_aufj.jpg
    il_570xN.1517386742_aufj.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 123
  • il_570xN.1121231947_mjm0.jpg
    il_570xN.1121231947_mjm0.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 125
If you aren't copying the bag to the T and not putting any fake labels, is not a problem. If she has customers who love the style of a designer bag they can't afford and they want her to custom make a bag that strongly resembles a famous bag then you think she should turn the money down? Those are all custom orders, she only does custom orders. She does what her customer asks and tries to make a living sewing from her home studio, doing what she loves---making purses. She has thousands and thousands of thrilled reviews on Etsy so she is clearly bringing people joy. The majority of her creations are OOAK unique.
I don't see why anyone is upset, there are tons of bags that are extremely similar to one another. My Massaccesi aura is just like a furla metropolis but I don't care.

If you aren't copying the bag to the T and not putting any fake labels, is not a problem. If she has customers who love the style of a designer bag they can't afford and they want her to custom make a bag that strongly resembles a famous bag then you think she should turn the money down? Those are all custom orders, she only does custom orders. She does what her customer asks and tries to make a living sewing from her home studio, doing what she loves---making purses. She has thousands and thousands of thrilled reviews on Etsy so she is clearly bringing people joy. The majority of her creations are OOAK unique.
I don't see why anyone is upset, there are tons of bags that are extremely similar to one another. My Massaccesi aura is just like a furla metropolis but I don't care.
She does copy to the T. Someone asked her to copy a pandora bag after seeing mine here on tpf. She didn’t want to pay the full price and asked laurel to use the same colour and goat leather and make one for her. That was a few years ago and she’s since gone on to sell lots more “slouchy messengers”
I think very few of her designs are original. I’m in the not thinking it’s ok camp, and also I think if the boot were on the other foot and someone copied her designs she wouldn’t be happy about it.

@Butterlite can you share a photo of the bag that was poor quality? @Pessie & @piosavsfan do you guys have any bags from her?
I asked her to straight up copy a backpack design I loved but couldn't afford to buy but make a couple of distinctive changes like rainbow hardware, a clochette and my initials embroidered in a neon color and I'm thrilled with my backpack. No one would ever think it's the designer version. No logo or anything.
I'm thrilled she could do all that for me at a price I could afford and I am over the moon with the backpack. Sorry if anyone has a problem with that.

@Butterlite can you share a photo of the bag that was poor quality? @Pessie & @piosavsfan do you guys have any bags from her?
I asked her to straight up copy a backpack design I loved but couldn't afford to buy but make a couple of distinctive changes like rainbow hardware, a clochette and my initials embroidered in a neon color and I'm thrilled with my backpack. No one would ever think it's the designer version. No logo or anything.
I'm thrilled she could do all that for me at a price I could afford and I am over the moon with the backpack. Sorry if anyone has a problem with that.
I described my experience of a member here asking laurel to produce an exact copy of my givenchy bag. If you do a search you should be able to find the reveal.

I do but I never used it because I am not happy with the quality of the workmanship. I gave one to my sister and she also said it wasn't impressive. Another is still in my closet , never see the light of the day. It's pretty but the workmanship is subpar that it bothers me .
I much prefer my Massaccesi bags.

BTW, her inspired design never bothers me. She's not the only one doing it anyway , and I really like dealing with her , very responsive and a pleasure to deal with.

I don't have any bags from her. I was checking out her site after seeing this thread but I don't think her bags are for me.

I do but I never used it because I am not happy with the quality of the workmanship. I gave one to my sister and she also said it wasn't impressive. Another is still in my closet , never see the light of the day. It's pretty but the workmanship is subpar that it bothers me .
I much prefer my Massaccesi bags.

BTW, her inspired design never bothers me. She's not the only one doing it anyway , and I really like dealing with her , very responsive and a pleasure to deal with.

That's so odd to read because everyone who sees my Laurel creations are like jaw on the floor and when I tell them it's "handmade" they can't believe it's just one woman without a whole factory and workshops behind the production because it looks so premier designer. Whereas I've had Massaccesi bags with handles fraying on one the first day, and hardware popping apart on a second within 1-2 wears, screws popping out and hardware falling off on a third and the lock on a fourth stop working so the bag doesn't open. I mean I'm still willing to go to my cobbler and fix my Massaccesi bags and they have lovely leather but I have never had a single problem with a stitch or a hinge on anything from Laurel. They are rock solid and beautifully stitched to my eyes. I guess individual results may vary, is the moral of this story and people can have different experiences! The vast majority of posts on this thread are raves and dedicated long term repeat customers and her Etsy reviews speak for themselves. But no one will please everyone all the time.

Reactions: chessmont
That's so odd to read because everyone who sees my Laurel creations are like jaw on the floor and when I tell them it's "handmade" they can't believe it's just one woman without a whole factory and workshops behind the production because it looks so premier designer. Whereas I've had Massaccesi bags with handles fraying on one the first day, and hardware popping apart on a second within 1-2 wears, screws popping out and hardware falling off on a third and the lock on a fourth stop working so the bag doesn't open. I mean I'm still willing to go to my cobbler and fix my Massaccesi bags and they have lovely leather but I have never had a single problem with a stitch or a hinge on anything from Laurel. They are rock solid and beautifully stitched to my eyes. I guess individual results may vary, is the moral of this story and people can have different experiences! The vast majority of posts on this thread are raves and dedicated long term repeat customers and her Etsy reviews speak for themselves. But no one will please everyone all the time.
She’s replicating premier designs that’s why they have the look. I don’t think “everyone’s doing it” makes it ok to pass someone else’s creation as your original work.

She’s replicating premier designs that’s why they have the look. I don’t think “everyone’s doing it” makes it ok to pass someone else’s creation as your original work.
To be fair, she doesn't try to pass of the Pandora dupe as her own design.

Her bags aren't my taste either, but it is very difficult to find an artist who custom makes any bag you want for a reasonable price. April in Paris and Lotuff Leathers have beautiful bespoke options which are definitely more my taste, but they're all in the $3000+, while you can order a custom drawn bag from Laurel for under $1000. I don't fault her for providing accessibility to her customers.

What's your favorite bag from her?