Cost of BV in different countries

The price is 950 with VAT included. So you can save another 13% approx. if you make a refund.

I wanted to report back and send more thanks for the great advice. I bought a beautiful cross body bag (shadow color) at the Bottega boutique on Avenue Montaigne. Naema, who helped me, was absolutely lovely. The bag was 950 euros, and I received a 12% VAT refund, bringing the price to about 840 euros or $1013 (about a $300 savings over buying the bag in Illinois, at $1250 plus tax). I was able to receive the VAT refund immediately by walking the paperwork over to the International Group Exchange nearby on the Champs Elysee; much easier than dealing with it at the airport.

If I understood correctly (and my French is a little rusty so I may not have), I could have received an immediate on site 10% VAT refund if I'd bought the bag at Printemps, or 12% at the airport, and Galleries Lafayette said I'd have to get my refund at the airport. So the VAT refund policy at the Bottega boutique was the best, and I loved the customer service too.

borrowerafloat said:
I was able to receive the VAT refund immediately by walking the paperwork over to the International Group Exchange nearby on the Champs Elysee; much easier than dealing with it at the airport .

Wow thats great! Did you have to show your bag/ receipt at the CDG airport again? I have bought and travelled out of Heathrow CDG and Frankfurt airports on various occasions as my final departure stops from EU and I have never been given such an options (unfortunately as this means crazy VAT queues esp at Heathrow). Even shopping at Harrods, I had to queue in Heathrow. The only exception was in Taipei recently where I received my VAT refund in the city after shipping at a department store but I had to show my goods and receipt at the tax desk before customs. They put the burden on you to show the goods at the airport otherwise you get a black mark and you will be made to cough up penalties on your return.

Did you have to show your bag/ receipt at the CDG airport again?

No, the whole VAT process was completed in the city; nothing left to do at CDG (except declare the bag on the customs form, of course). I agree--this was the easiest VAT refund I've ever received. I've been through the refund process at CDG before and I was thrilled to avoid it this time!

Just got my bag through mail order at BV Paris - St. Honore. As recommended by a fellow tpfer, I looked for Pascal. He is so patient with my questions and is very prompt in answering mails. The transaction went well. The best part is, my bag arrived in perfect condition with a BV box! I highly recommend him. :tup:

Just got my bag through mail order at BV Paris - St. Honore. As recommended by a fellow tpfer, I looked for Pascal. He is so patient with my questions and is very prompt in answering mails. The transaction went well. The best part is, my bag arrived in perfect condition with a BV box! I highly recommend him. :tup:
Congrats, Ana B. Can't wait for the reveal...:smile: Agree, Pascal is terrific.

Congrats, Ana B. Can't wait for the reveal...:smile: Agree, Pascal is terrific.
Hi Ana B and lkweh,

This may be a silly question, but when ordering through pascal, the credit card purchase is charged to the Bottega boutique and it is reflected as such in your credit card statements right? The worry wart that I am just wants to make sure that everything is legitimate ! Just wanted to be sure i am indeed ordering from and paying to the actual bottega boutique. Again sorry if I come across as being silly !! I'm a first timer you see :smile:

Hi Ana B and lkweh,

This may be a silly question, but when ordering through pascal, the credit card purchase is charged to the Bottega boutique and it is reflected as such in your credit card statements right? The worry wart that I am just wants to make sure that everything is legitimate ! Just wanted to be sure i am indeed ordering from and paying to the actual bottega boutique. Again sorry if I come across as being silly !! I'm a first timer you see :smile:

Yes, it's legitimate through BV Boutique directly, not Pascal's account.