Consigning with The Real Real TRR

thanks! However, I did gain, but only a couple hundred so I’m not sure how to file it. Is there an option to put in how much was spent vs the total that was earned?

Just like I said, you would complete Schedule D--not sure all the info they ask for, but the profit will transfer to your Form 1040. Visit the IRS site to get the form and instructions.

Alternatively, I am wondering if maybe you could just opt to complete Schedule 1 (other income). There you would input your profit and would state Hobby as income type. This amount would then transfer to 1040 line 8.

Just like I said, you would complete Schedule D--not sure all the info they ask for, but the profit will transfer to your Form 1040. Visit the IRS site to get the form and instructions.

Alternatively, I am wondering if maybe you could just opt to complete Schedule 1 (other income). There you would input your profit and would state Hobby as income type. This amount would then transfer to 1040 line 8.

thank you so much!!! It was my first time consigning bags and unsure how this worked.

Reactions: DesigningStyle
Sometimes they say “not available” or “sold” right before they are loaded to the site for purchase availability. I think it is just some way that they work on finalizing the listings before they are published on the site. Some items do seem to go to stores, but your items will always say “not available” before they are officially listed. All of my items are marked “sold” right now while they are finalizing the listings, but I know they cannot possibly be.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering if there is some "secret" space where these items are listed prior to opening them to the public. Often it seems that I miss out on items that have been listed and sold within a span of a few hours (I check that site far too often for my saved searches :biggrin:).

Reactions: nicole0612
@Bubach, if you are a paid first look member, you would have an early access to the new items 24 hours early. I think that was the reason that some of the items long gone when non paid members logged in.

I was first look member, but even them I would see the very same selection of items as the ones I would see when I was not logged in. This is why I've assumed that this exclusive access applies to sale items and the wishlist only :confused1: . I even emailed them about this, but they gave me some vague answer and I did not pursue and just cancelled my membership.

I just started to sell on TRR and got asked for SSN for the payment.
I am wondering if anyone in the thread followed their instruction to send out your SSN and DOB?
The payment method I pick is store credit, but they still ask me for the information.

its not an email!! If you update the app, once it installs the new version and you go to TRR, you get a yellow banner on My Sales saying you must supply this information in order to receive consignor payments due to “federal regulations”. This seems really dodgy to me and I am not sure what to do. They WILL share this information with others, but I have no idea who or why.? It sounds like if you don’t supply it they won’t pay you.

I had a yellow banner on my page but it only asked for the last four digits of my SSN. I know I've never given them my SSN so I find all this very curious.

I had a yellow banner on my page but it only asked for the last four digits of my SSN. I know I've never given them my SSN so I find all this very curious.
It's legit, they are becoming similar to other companies that want you to provide your SS# so they can do tax forms properly and not have people evade paying the gov't. The yellow banner also comes up for me (still) but I have not provided anything and I still get paid. I *think* people who receive a check payment are still able to circumvent the SS# (for now). I've been able to avoid providing a SS# for almost a year now.

They’re not honest. I received a bag that I am keeping — but I wished they would’ve been up front and transparent about the bottom of the bag. Which was NOT pictured on the site and described as “Very Good” condition. The bag arrived as if someone off of eBay sold it to me. Crumbs were inside the bag/pockets. Hardware of the feet of the bag was clearly really scratched up and worn out.

5D01EBF2-A030-4537-98B4-8CD3D2B84AE7.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. Unacceptable for TRR. Their team should have at least vacuumed the bag and removed any left over debris before sending out to client. I thought they inspected both exterior and interior of these bags?

I am so disappointed! I purchased this lovely changeant and it has a hole created by TRR themselves!
I am on hold with customer support to get a refund on my shipping both ways.
I wish I could say this is the first time this has happened but it is about the fourth time they have put a hole in a scarf I purchased.
customer service got back to me from my hold and said this is what they do to all their items. Attach a tag lol. I told them this is unacceptable and if I was the owner of the scarf I would be fuming that they punctured a hole in my scarf ( say if the scarf didn’t sell and came back to me).
they got back to me again, they will refund me the shipping to and from as a site credit only. I swear. This is the poorest of practices with luxury items. Know your products you are selling and know your clientele. We are not shopping at Kmart or the dollar store here. B5E70246-AD08-408B-95E3-685FC1DA4EC2.jpeg814E3202-0FF0-49DE-99A7-5661B49703C9.jpeg

Last edited: