Consigning with The Real Real TRR

Honestly, I don’t know whats going on with this company
There’s no way to contact them. They removed all their phone numbers and contact information, so all you can is send emails or chat which is pointless because its just an outside company they’ve hired to send off a bunch of scripted replies

You can try to contact them on social media. That does seem to get their attention
I think the idea of making their bad business decisions public is something they’d rather not have to deal with (of course, even that has its limits)

If they’re not going to sell your item, I don’t see how they can legally keep it and with their track record on authenticity, the opinion of their experts is worthless
TRR lost several items from my mom when she passed. Three handbags. One was new with tags $5k. Another a Valentino. And I can’t remember the last. It took over a year for us to get them to do something. Very untrustworthy or sloppy. Either is unacceptable.

• Sad
Reactions: Lillianlm and Nomad
I’m trying to consign with them for the first time and it seems so sketchy…. is my experience normal? I brought in several pieces of jewelry in-store for a price estimate. They showed me an estimate sheet with the listing price for all of them and a glaringly empty “pay out estimate” column… I said ok, can you show me what my payout would be (assuming in 2024 their system has this info already calculated). The SA said, “no, we don’t ever tell you what the payout could be because it would change… reference the commission chart.” Umm, ok, so basically you want me to calculate it myself. OK.

I wasn’t going to sit there and pull out a calculator so I said ok, let me go home and think about it (assuming in 2024 they would email or have the estimates in my online account). I don’t see anything.

I live chat to ask where I can find this info and they say they can only call me to tell me verbally??? They also tell me “estimates may change, reference the commission chart for the most up to date info” OKAY PEOPLE but wtf do you do with the commission chart? You need to do the math, using the commission chart and the estimate, to understand how much you’d get paid out. The obtuseness is so sketchy compared to other consignment sites where they clearly tell you what your payout is — and yes it is OK that it’s a range!!

I’m trying to consign with them for the first time and it seems so sketchy…. is my experience normal? I brought in several pieces of jewelry in-store for a price estimate. They showed me an estimate sheet with the listing price for all of them and a glaringly empty “pay out estimate” column… I said ok, can you show me what my payout would be (assuming in 2024 their system has this info already calculated). The SA said, “no, we don’t ever tell you what the payout could be because it would change… reference the commission chart.” Umm, ok, so basically you want me to calculate it myself. OK.

I wasn’t going to sit there and pull out a calculator so I said ok, let me go home and think about it (assuming in 2024 they would email or have the estimates in my online account). I don’t see anything.

I live chat to ask where I can find this info and they say they can only call me to tell me verbally??? They also tell me “estimates may change, reference the commission chart for the most up to date info” OKAY PEOPLE but wtf do you do with the commission chart? You need to do the math, using the commission chart and the estimate, to understand how much you’d get paid out. The obtuseness is so sketchy compared to other consignment sites where they clearly tell you what your payout is — and yes it is OK that it’s a range!!
Some on here have had good experiences with TRR. Personally I've read too many bad reviews on tPF alone to feel comfortable doing business with them. Too risky for me.

Reactions: LemonDrop
Not sure if correct thread. However, to all the TRR consignors has there been a dramatic change with regard to labels. Told label only active 1 week — pushy pushy pushy. I have always had the luxury of adding items to a box and mailing when ready.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this or they are just desperate to get their hands on my goodies :smile:
Feeling rushed by rather rude - “label expires only good for one week “ email

Would appreciate any feedback ,

Not sure if correct thread. However, to all the TRR consignors has there been a dramatic change with regard to labels. Told label only active 1 week — pushy pushy pushy. I have always had the luxury of adding items to a box and mailing when ready.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this or they are just desperate to get their hands on my goodies :smile:
Feeling rushed by rather rude - “label expires only good for one week “ email

Would appreciate any feedback ,
I requested a label on 4/1 and there was no mention of the one week expiration date. I still haven't used it and haven't received any follow up emails since.

Their staffing seems even worse than usual lately. I'm a VIP consigner and usually if I email them with a question or an issue with one of the items they are selling for me, I would receive a response within 2 days. But recently I contacted them about some fine jewelry I consigned and two weeks went by with no response whatsoever. It took another attempt at contact and then another week after that for the issue to be resolved, and even then, I only knew it was resolved because I checked to see if the listing that was wrong had been modified. They never told me they fixed it.