Consigning with The Real Real TRR

Is Julie Cartwright still the CEO. I need to email her. I'm so disgusted with her CS Reps and the quality of items. I received a dress with a hole in it!!! i looked on Linkedin, but her name is not coming up or linked to The real real. Who is in charge? I have also gone on Social Media, but no ever responds

Reactions: CaviarChanel
This is probably old news, but TRR is requesting info to adhere to “Federal Regulations”. Can’t even sell stuff without incurring tax consequences!

Attachments

• AB2F0F92-D050-4203-A606-2AE71EA674A8.jpeg
    AB2F0F92-D050-4203-A606-2AE71EA674A8.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 3D580675-3149-40EA-A58A-7D8181E9E253.jpeg
    3D580675-3149-40EA-A58A-7D8181E9E253.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 33
  • F497C96F-3322-47F1-8CEC-435134D204E7.jpeg
    F497C96F-3322-47F1-8CEC-435134D204E7.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 23
This is probably old news, but TRR is requesting info to adhere to “Federal Regulations”. Can’t even sell stuff without incurring tax consequences!
Thank you for posting this. It will be more work for what should be an easy process, but you should not need to pay additional taxes if you provide documentation showing that you paid more for the item than you received when it sold.

Reactions: Nomad
Thank you for posting this. It will be more work for what should be an easy process, but you should not need to pay additional taxes if you provide documentation showing that you paid more for the item than you received when it sold.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I got rid of all my paperwork. I think if I get site credit, that might alleviate the taxes.

Has anyone encountered a HOLD on an item for hours and hours?? Or know how that can even happen!? Just buy it already! Don’t have the company hold it for you ‘somehow’ while you ‘decide’. - is my take .
There has been one item I’d like to purchase and it has been on HOLD since I hopped on at 11am.

Reactions: Gennas
That ha
Has anyone encountered a HOLD on an item for hours and hours?? Or know how that can even happen!? Just buy it already! Don’t have the company hold it for you ‘somehow’ while you ‘decide’. - is my take .
There has been one item I’d like to purchase and it has been on HOLD since I hopped on at 11am.
That happens when they transfer an item to a store

It's Jan. 2021 and I just now received the banner in my account to provide my SSN and DOB. I have always received checks from TRR and my amazing sales are usually about $100 or less with them. I have refused to provide my info and yet when I went to my account it says the check was cut and mailed so it seems like a scare tactic of sorts - if you get a check it appears that the info. isn't really necessary for payment. My own experience and yours may vary!
I saw the same warning at the website. I called them and they confirmed that sellers must now provide the SSN and DOB, no matter what form of payment. Better to use another platform than to have TRR storing such info.

I emailed my SA at TRR about this issue and here is her response:

"Legally, in order to be paid, we need this information to verify you are who you say you are. As a company we would be in violation of the Patriot Act if we did not require this information. We are not currently withholding payments if the information is not provided, but in the near future we will not be able to pay without it. I believe the only way to avoid it right now, is to be paid via check, but soon that also will not be possible."

Reactions: ccbaggirl89