Consigning with The Real Real TRR

Yes, last Fridays handbag sale was inaccessible. They need a technology overhaul!
THEY SURE DO .. and I have talked to them quite a bit about it! I was in contention for their top IT job (essentially, the Product Owner of their Website) and given that my background was in Financial Services .. where you better make sure that the website data is timely, accurate and you have zero downtime! Well, they sure did take a LOT of my advice on various things (a lot of "new" features that they have were my ideas) .. at the end of the day, they said I was "overqualified" for the job (translation: too old, too expensive and female). So, sometimes I just have to laugh and other times, I email their CEO and tell her "fix your effin' website"!

In regards to shopping TRR, yes .. I have gotten some major deals, but I've also had a few returns due to "condition" issues. As a very early shopper on TRR, I must say that I have noticed a big change .. the merchandise is not as nice as it used to be. In the beginning, they really had some AMAZING designer fashion, jewelry, handbags, etc. -- now? .. eh .. I'm seeing a lot of "generic" stuff and yes, the condition is not as good (heck, just this morning I saw a pair of Black Leather Chanel Espadrilles that are in a LOT worse condition than mine .. yet, they were still asking over $600 for them!!!). In regards to them .. it really is caveat emptor!

I have gotten to REALLY hate Poshmark!!!!! The lowball offers are so insulting and then people will "return" things saying "not as described" when I describe everything up to the last stitch! I'm likely going to be moving all my stuff off and go back to eBay.
I have always had much better luck selling on eBay, even though I think their return policies are worse than Poshmark's. At least PM buyers must make a decision in three days and Poshmark will often side with the seller. eBay rarely does. I once sold a pair of perfect condition black leather pumps on eBay, took sharp photos of every angle, and the buyer took some kind of white marker and slashed it along one side of one of the shoes, claiming the item was not as advertised. Even though the photos on my site clearly showed unmarked shoes, eBay sided with her. She was at least kind enough to use a marker that wiped off so I could resell them.

So definitely the upside of TRR is that you don't need to deal with any of that B.S. But I also wish they'd tighten up their return window. These are USED items, not new, and to give buyers 10 days to make a decision about whether to keep and another 15 days after that to ship back isn't all that fair to sellers, who can find themselves waiting months instead of weeks for their commission check.

I've been consigning with TRR since 2014 and have received close to $60K for items that I otherwise would have given away to family, friends or charity -- for $0. With a few exceptions (they challenged authenticity of a pair of sandals - fortunately I had all original paperwork, so ultimately they saw it my way; they've turned down some things for "staining" that I can't see) my experience with them has been positive. I particularly appreciate that the TRR rep comes to my house to collect my items. I've purchased from them too, and haven't been disappointed yet with quality or condition.

Reactions: girlhasbags
Well, I received a scarf which I WOULD have kept if not for this (picture) and a huge stain across which was NOT in the description. I know these items are preloved and not to expect perfection but to have a hole punched before you own it is not acceptable for me.

IMG_5024.jpg

It's Jan. 2021 and I just now received the banner in my account to provide my SSN and DOB. I have always received checks from TRR and my amazing sales are usually about $100 or less with them. I have refused to provide my info and yet when I went to my account it says the check was cut and mailed so it seems like a scare tactic of sorts - if you get a check it appears that the info. isn't really necessary for payment. My own experience and yours may vary!

Reactions: jennlt
I have consigned with them several times and been OK. Sent in a few scarves in November, and their pricing for on CSGM was ridiculously low, so I requested it be sent back to me. I decided that for that pow commission, I'd try to love it, since I really wanted one with that predominant color. They've apparently lost it! I have documentation that they had it BUT they want to do a "buy out", meaning paying me the commission I would've received had it sold. I find that unacceptable, a) because their pricing was ridiculous, and b) now I'll have to buy a new one, or hunt for a pre-loved one; either way, the $400 they propose is not getting me very far.

As an aside, I have found that my knowledge of Hermès is far deeper than theirs, especially among ID'ing leathers and super-popular scarf designs (which they should price at a premium).

How much compensation would you ask for?

Has anyone had issues with accounts being blocked by TRR? I had two active accounts, honestly due to losing my password on one account so just making a new account and logging in that way. I went to place an order and it was cancelled and every attempt to order is met with credit card error - apparently I have been banned because of multiple accounts? Has anyone experienced this? Im trying to get back on the nice list via customer service, but have my concerns :sad:

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad
Well, I received a scarf which I WOULD have kept if not for this (picture) and a huge stain across which was NOT in the description. I know these items are preloved and not to expect perfection but to have a hole punched before you own it is not acceptable for me.

View attachment 4947748

Ughh that’s horrible! I’ve purchased two things from TRR that had stains that were described as “pristine”. Customer service will refund the high shipping charge, but not much else. I’ve been lucky twice also to get items that were better than described!

I consign with them but watch my account very very carefully. I have not been happy with the price some items sell for. As an example the sold a BRAND NEW never worn pair of Bottega Veneta pumps I consigned and I only got like $27.00 for that I was pissed. From now on I put my condition up front if they dont like it then they just send my items back.
Exactly my thoughts...I have also stop consigning with them. A brand new pair of sonia rykiel jeans with tags I git like 13.00 for. When they evaluated my Nina Ricci bag for way under value... I told them to send it back and I sold it for a better price on my own.