Consigning with The Real Real TRR

Bubach

Think geek,wear pink
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
I have just sent a few items to TRR to be sold (I have purchased from them before, but I have never consigned).
What happens if the item is not accepted? Will they ship it back to me? I have sent a pair of shoes (which were worn, but in a good condition IMO) so I just want to be certain I will get them back in case they do not accept them.

kjohn138

Mar 6, 2012
Colorado
I have just sent a few items to TRR to be sold (I have purchased from them before, but I have never consigned).
What happens if the item is not accepted? Will they ship it back to me? I have sent a pair of shoes (which were worn, but in a good condition IMO) so I just want to be certain I will get them back in case they do not accept them.
Yes, they will ship it back and will usually tell you exactly why the item was not accepted.

Reactions: Bubach

girlhasbags

Jan 20, 2013
Yes, they will send you an email and ship the item back to you.

Reactions: Bubach

Lisa2007

So many handbags so little money
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
Maryland
I wished I had researched and known of the numerous issues with The Real Real prior to purchasing and receiving a preloved Fendi Baby Spy which wasn’t as described on their website. The description stated the condition as very good, minor discoloration at the interior. The item which I received has several small white areas of discoloration.

Attachments

i*bella

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
I wished I had researched and known of the numerous issues with The Real Real prior to purchasing and receiving a preloved Fendi Baby Spy which wasn’t as described on their website. The description stated the condition as very good, minor discoloration at the interior. The item which I received has several small white areas of discoloration.
Contact CS and include the photos. Last year I bought a Chanel tote with creamy white stains on the outside leather and animal hair all over the inside lining. They let me return the bag but didn’t refund the initial shipping fee.

Reactions: k_alleycat2000

Lisa2007

O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
Maryland
That's too bad. See if you could receive a refund from them? it takes so much effort for me to finally get the money back
Hi there, I am working with a couple of TRR managers who are presenting different option. In addition I have contacted Rago Brothers and The Leather Surgeons for quotes to remove the white spots. Hopefully I will get reasonable quotes as the other side of the bag is in good condition.

Lisa2007

O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
Maryland
Contact CS and include the photos. Last year I bought a Chanel tote with creamy white stains on the outside leather and animal hair all over the inside lining. They let me return the bag but didn’t refund the initial shipping fee.
Hi there,
I am now working with a couple of people from the management team. I have gotten 3 repair quotes and currently awaiting to hear from TRR if repairs will be authorized, price reduction or return will be done. However, I am beyond disappointed that the issue wasn’t listed. This has definitely steered me away from purchasing preloved at least from TRR or any website that states no returns or refunds.

dreamlet

Find Beauty in the Ordinary
O.G.
Oct 22, 2010
San Francisco
Has anyone had issues with accounts being blocked by TRR? I had two active accounts, honestly due to losing my password on one account so just making a new account and logging in that way. I went to place an order and it was cancelled and every attempt to order is met with credit card error - apparently I have been banned because of multiple accounts? Has anyone experienced this? Im trying to get back on the nice list via customer service, but have my concerns :sad:

This just happened to me, I tried to buy something and every attempt was met with a denied credit card error. The thing is, the accounts aren't even mine! They sent me a list of the email addresses that are associated with the accounts and I have never seen them before. I suspect, from the email addresses, that these accounts are under similar names and am surprised that is enough to shut them down. I am a long time consignor and shop there regularly, so I contacted customer service and they are trying to resolve the problem for me. Were you able to reopen your account?