**Coco Handle** Club

Hi Ladies. I was so excited to join the coco handle club but unfortunately noticed something on my new bag. Is the coco handle prone to leather peeling like this? My SA is trying to secure another one, but I wanted to ask if this happens with use? At first I couldn't tell what the darker grains on the corner was but upon closer inspection of the handle it's definitely peeling. So sad, this is such a gorgeous handbag otherwise.

View attachment 5755789

View attachment 5755790
Hi! I have a white coco handle and have the same dilemma. I used it once and the glue along every seam started turning green/yellow. I sent it back to fix, they kept it for several months and then sent it back to me not only with the glue still there but several other issues ( like stains that weren’t there the feet were worn out). I wouldn’t be able to get another one in this color again, and they’re only offering store credit. Should I push for refund? Keep as is? When I told them about the issues once the bag was returned they didn’t even apologize or explain, just told me to send it back again!

Attachments

• IMG_6839.png
    IMG_6839.png
    781.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6837.png
    IMG_6837.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6833.jpeg
    IMG_6833.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6834.jpeg
    IMG_6834.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi! I have a white coco handle and have the same dilemma. I used it once and the glue along every seam started turning green/yellow. I sent it back to fix, they kept it for several months and then sent it back to me not only with the glue still there but several other issues ( like stains that weren’t there the feet were worn out). I wouldn’t be able to get another one in this color again, and they’re only offering store credit. Should I push for refund? Keep as is? When I told them about the issues once the bag was returned they didn’t even apologize or explain, just told me to send it back again!
Oh no, that's so disappointing. I'm sure you must feel terrible about it! Was this from 23p? I don't think they'll ever give a refund but if store credit is an option then consider taking it. I think that's generous, they have not offered it to me. I've seen white coco handl's on and off, you'll find another, but of course with a higher price tag. But otherwise see if you can live with it. On my coco, the spots kept getting darker. It also gets color transfer very easily despite being caviar. So I decided to stop babying it and use it as a more carefree bag.

Oh no, that's so disappointing. I'm sure you must feel terrible about it! Was this from 23p? I don't think they'll ever give a refund but if store credit is an option then consider taking it. I think that's generous, they have not offered it to me. I've seen white coco handl's on and off, you'll find another, but of course with a higher price tag. But otherwise see if you can live with it. On my coco, the spots kept getting darker. It also gets color transfer very easily despite being caviar. So I decided to stop babying it and use it as a more carefree bag.
I think it was 23P yes. Its brushed gold hardware that I dont think I'll be able to find. I only see ones with champagne gold that looks silver. You think store credit is generous? They're supposed to have a 5 year warranty. I assume if they can't fix a refund should be offered.

I think it was 23P yes. Its brushed gold hardware that I dont think I'll be able to find. I only see ones with champagne gold that looks silver. You think store credit is generous? They're supposed to have a 5 year warranty. I assume if they can't fix a refund should be offered.
Yep I hear you, a refund would be nice. I have tried to address problems with my coco too but didn't get anywhere. They rarely offer store credit, my SA didn't do anything about it, basically I was told too bad, that it's wear or "patina" which I know it isn't. I've been told they can usually fix hardware problems, but they cannot repair problems on the leather.

Yep I hear you, a refund would be nice. I have tried to address problems with my coco too but didn't get anywhere. They rarely offer store credit, my SA didn't do anything about it, basically I was told too bad, that it's wear or "patina" which I know it isn't. I've been told they can usually fix hardware problems, but they cannot repair problems on the leather.
Ugh horrible. So I don’t understand the 5 year warranty then? What does it cover? I was under the impression if there’s anything wrong with the bag within those 5 years, as long as it’s not caused by customer then they will take care of it. I tried to reach out to Chanel online and had the issue “escalated” but got a basic reply saying sorry nothing can be done…. But you sold me a faulty bag? I am at a loss for words. I thought if someone spend this much on a bag they would be treated with care.

Oh my! I have this exact coco handle from 23p. I haven’t experienced any of the leather peeling or discoloration along the seams. So sorry you are dealing with this! So disappointing.

Ugh horrible. So I don’t understand the 5 year warranty then? What does it cover? I was under the impression if there’s anything wrong with the bag within those 5 years, as long as it’s not caused by customer then they will take care of it. I tried to reach out to Chanel online and had the issue “escalated” but got a basic reply saying sorry nothing can be done…. But you sold me a faulty bag? I am at a loss for words. I thought if someone spend this much on a bag they would be treated with care.
Unfortunately not at Chanel 😂... the warranty for the most part covers hardware concerns, broken stitching, but they normally don't help with anything related to leather as far as I know.

Reactions: tmk_fr
Oh my! I have this exact coco handle from 23p. I haven’t experienced any of the leather peeling or discoloration along the seams. So sorry you are dealing with this! So disappointing.
I’m trying to decide if I should just take store credit ( I love this color and don’t know if they’ll ever make this color/ hardware combo again in the future) or keep as is and deal with it? The glue isn’t very visible but it just bothers me that it’s there. They also offered to send it for “repair” again but last time it got damaged. What should I do? lol #help

I’m trying to decide if I should just take store credit ( I love this color and don’t know if they’ll ever make this color/ hardware combo again in the future) or keep as is and deal with it? The glue isn’t very visible but it just bothers me that it’s there. They also offered to send it for “repair” again but last time it got damaged. What should I do? lol #help
If you really love this color combo (I do too!) I would keep it. Especially if the glue isn’t very visible. Looks like it’s on the back pocket and under the flap?

Sending it to leather surgeons is also an option, they do a fantastic job from some of the photos I have seen.

I can almost promise Chanel won’t come out with this combo again, especially with the chain detail. Keep us updated on what you decide to do!

If you really love this color combo (I do too!) I would keep it. Especially if the glue isn’t very visible. Looks like it’s on the back pocket and under the flap?

Sending it to leather surgeons is also an option, they do a fantastic job from some of the photos I have seen.

I can almost promise Chanel won’t come out with this combo again, especially with the chain detail. Keep us updated on what you decide to do!
No the glue isn’t under the flap. It’s around the top stitching of the back pocket and worst in corners. I am including a picture (it’s really hard to see in photo but it’s all there). Apparenely they glue around where all the stitching is when they make these so I’m worried it’ll just be yellow/ green everywhere in a few months/ years .

Attachments

• IMG_6839.png
    IMG_6839.png
    781.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6838.png
    IMG_6838.png
    828.6 KB · Views: 19
No the glue isn’t under the flap. It’s around the top stitching of the back pocket and worst in corners. I am including a picture (it’s really hard to see in photo but it’s all there). Apparenely they glue around where all the stitching is when they make these so I’m worried it’ll just be yellow/ green everywhere in a few months/ years .
Curious if you live in a humid climate? I do know that white/light bags can yellow over time. Maybe its best to take the store credit. I am actually surprised they are offering credit on a bag that is a bit over a year old. Hard decision! I love this bag as well!

Curious if you live in a humid climate? I do know that white/light bags can yellow over time. Maybe its best to take the store credit. I am actually surprised they are offering credit on a bag that is a bit over a year old. Hard decision! I love this bag as well!
Yes I do! very humid. Well I raised the issue after i only wore the bag once so it was brand new. then they kept it 3 months pretending to fix it and didnt.