Coach store experience (long)

I don't even bother with the Coach boutique nearest me anymore. I dress well and carry higher end purses when I go, but that shouldn't matter at all. A SA never knows when someone has the intent to buy, whether that person is dressed in dirty sweats or in a Prada coat.

I get treated like a queen at the outlet, however. But, since the outlet is quite a distance from here, I've almost given up Coach.

I also agree with the post about being left alone. I like to be greated and asked if I can be assisted, so if I need help I feel comfortable finding that particular SA. Like at the outlet this weekend, really nice ones. They didn't have the shopping totes readily available and I was offered one.

But I have ZERO tolerance for poor customer service, especially when spending big money. Why should I have drama when I'm spending my hard earned cash..I don't and I'll call the SA out AND call corporate.

But on the other hand I'll call corporate and praise someone who goes above and beyond as well.

Question - So if you purchase hundreds of dollars worth of stuff online or at the outlet they won't send you a PCE invite?? I have many boutiques around me and i get different reactions depending on how I am dressed too. Usually i go to the one that gives me the best service, but i think everyone that shops Coach should get an invite be it boutique, online, macy's, outlet, etc!!

Question - So if you purchase hundreds of dollars worth of stuff online or at the outlet they won't send you a PCE invite?? I have many boutiques around me and i get different reactions depending on how I am dressed too. Usually i go to the one that gives me the best service, but i think everyone that shops Coach should get an invite be it boutique, online, macy's, outlet, etc!!

kristabelle33:

The PCE is a courtesy/thank you to Coach Customers who have purchased during the year. The only purchases that count towards the PCE are phone orders to a Coach Boutique and Items that you order/buy from a Full Price Coach Store. Outlet purchases, Internet or
1-800-Coach purchases do not count. Do a search in threads and you can find the information which Ms Whitney and Sprinkles have posted on this topic.

Liz

I feel pretty lucky I have three Coach stores near me and all of them have super friendly SA's.

I was looking for a bag that had a 16 inch shoulder strap so I could try it on before I ordered it. "They didn't have a display model" My SA said she had a bag with a 16 inch shoulder strap and ran in the back to get it. She let me try on HER bag, I thought that was really nice.

The other Coach store I went to it was raining out and I walked in looking like a wet rat. The SA there was super friendly she shook my hand and introduced her self. She even was sweet enough when I asked for a bracelet, the ones they spray the perfume on so you can test it. She gave me all three colors red, white, and brown and a perfume sample.

Im sorry some of you have had bad experiences. You should never be treated like that.

There aren't any boutiques near me (closest one about 2 hours away) but yesterday I had to go to Kansas City and pick a friend up at the airport so I decided to stop by the Coach store at the Plaza and blow some dough. :yes: I looked a total hot mess - nike flip flops, wrinkled jeans (I had been driving for 2.5 hours :wtf: ), tank top, frizzy hair (it was humid sunday) and to top it off, I was carrying my Vera Bradley tote! And I got the BEST service from their SA's. I only ended up spend about $300 on accessories but she was so nice - and trust me, there were other ladies their dressed a LOT nicer than me.

But seriously, as I've gotten older, I now have NO PROBLEM griping to management about their service. Not saying that you need to fall all over me and lay out the red carpet, but a simple "hi, can i help you" or if you're busy "hi there, I'll be with you in moment" is totally fine. Just acknowledge me and things are great for everyone. :smile:

I'm so sorry some of you have had such bad experiences. I've window shopped at my local boutique and I haven't been wowed by any of them. They weren't rude but not what I was expecting. Definitely not quick to give a "hi, can I help you with something?" There was one sales girl that I wish I would have gotten her name because she was the friendliest and seemed helpful. I haven't seen her again though!

Now the outlets have been a completely different story. Every single one of the sales associates (at least five of them) asked me at least once if I needed any help and offered their opinions, etc. It was the most pleasant shopping experience--exactly what I invisioned the boutique to be. I don't think I'll ever get a PCE card so I think I'll just stick to the outlets for now.

I get super service at the outlets, but I've built up a repor with the managers and SA's. There is always at least one snotty SA, though.

We'll see at the grand opening of the Coach Boutique next month how I'm treated.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, BTW.

I always get treated like a queen at the outlets, I have visited 2 only on vacation which we always go to the beach at least 3 to 4 times in the summer. One outlet, I didn't get any help and wasn't happy with the SA's there, however the other one is awsome and I always seek out my favorite SA she is always very helpful and I hope she is still there this summer.

I have yet to shop in a Coach boutique and I can't wait to see how I would be treated when I go.

Sorry you are having a hard time!!

I've never shopped in a boutique before but I would expect a bit of pampering too. If the store were busy, I wouldn't expect someone right by me the whole time but I do expect a greeting and a 'can I help you'.

I have one SA that I call since I don't live near a Coach store. She's always sweet and I get free shipping. She makes sure I get the gift boxing and I get a thank you card from her. I called yesterday to make a small purchase, she wasn't in and I didn't like the person I spoke with much. She reluctantly gave me free shipping and acted as if my order wasn't really worth her time. Oh, well, her problem I suppose! Next time I'll not order unless my SA is there!

I think that's part of the Coach experience though and customers should be treated well. Perhaps mention your experience to a manager. See if that helps. When they know what you expect, they are more likely to give it to you. And I would let them know that you won't hesitate to make your purchases online if you aren't going to have a pleasant experience shopping with them.

omigosh. if you tell me that her name is jennifer or roxanne i'm going to screammmmm.

but i can't help the way other SAs act. honestly, i thought that my store is almost perfect but i think her reaction has a lot to do if you asked for me (long story)

when someone walks in, the first lesson that i learned was don't judge them by their clothes/appearance.

if you do then you're going to miss out

example #1 (true story)

these two girls came in, one a mother and one daughter, the father was outside just talking 'business' they were african american (only saying this for racial profiling purposes) and they were dressed very casual, no designer lable whatsoever (again profiling purposes)

they were acting a bit strange, the mother complained that her feet hurt because she was on heels and wanted to see shoes, we had some on sale and i showed it to her, sizes were limited and hers was only available, her daughter's wasn't.

they proceded to look around, the lady telling me that she had the shoes and gave me hers to 'hold' in case 'i thought she was going to steal it'

they both each got a bag, matching wallet and the shoes totalled over 1k easily. i think it was about 1.3k to 1.5k after taxes.

It was only after they left that my boss told me that a fellow coworker saw them on a cigarette break, leaving from the nordy's valet parking in a brand new bentley.

i have more but i realized i typed a lot

i'm sorry that this has happened to you and i only can say that not every store is like this, and unfortunately, although you are 'suppose' to, not at every coach store you'd get the 'experience' either.

i get sooo mad after working in retail the way some people treat me when i dress bum casual, albeit rare, that i would NEVER shop at that store again. i could care less luckily, because it doesn't happen often, and the stores that do do it, there's more around SF, it's not like it's a boutique.

the thing is to walk in, make eye contact, and if they still don't pay attention to you, just walk in and out of the store until someone approaches you, i bet it won't be long, probably the second time you enter as conversion is key.

That's really funny because I've been to boutiques from where I live, to the ones in the Los Angeles area on Rodeo Drive, Century City to the ones in Vegas, and I have been well received by many polite and courteous SA's. I guess it is just luck that I went on those days. Shrug. Coach should have more [not just e-mail invites] opportunities as to provide customer feedback on service. I love the Coach SA's who at the end of the day, shove their business cards practically into my purse or make an sincere effort to get me something practically unobtainable!

I like the SA's at my local boutique and nearest outlet too. I've been to 5 different outlets and at all but 1 the SA's were kind and helpful. At the outlet I go to most, there is 1 SA who is snotty, but everyone else is great and most of them know me.

I don't buy as much from the boutique, but several of them recognize me and a couple know my name. I've gone in looking like crap to dressing nice and always get good service. And this was before I'd even bought my first Coach. I would go in the boutique to drool every so often. LOL They were always wonderful.

I really think it's something about the individual SA and not the way Coach corporate tells it's employee's to work. I also think a good manager goes a long way. Most good managers wouldn't stand for their employee's treating their potential customers that way. Most likely, the manager is snotty too. JMHO.

I went into a couple of boutiques in Vegas (to drool over the hamptons signature slim envelope that I couldn't buy) but I can't really recall SAs saying hi or not. I've always had good reception at the outlets. The last time I was there, I bought both of my totes. I had a hard time deciding on the color for the large tote and a very nice SA held onto my other tote at the checkout desk while I decided. That outlet is definately worth the 2 hour drive! I have never been to the boutique that is 10 minutes from me, but I may check it out this weekend.

I haven't made it through the whole thread yet, just about half of it - just wanted to throw my experiences in the mix. :smile:

Let me just preface this, by saying all the experiences I've had with the Coach SAs in MI stores have been great! The first time I ever went to the Somerset store, I had to wait a bit longer then I wanted to, to be checked out, but it hasn't really happened since then. Now, I have SAs at a few different stores in the area that recognize me when I hit the door, a few of them even know I usually have numbers written down when I know exactly what I want. ;) The service has gotten increasingly better, the more they get to know me and what I like. So good experiences with Coach, here in MI...

NOT so, with a few other stores. I will say this - even though I think some SAs try to consider not to profile by what you are wearing, I think alot -especially in stores like Saks & NM - DO. I have gained ALOT of weight over the past 2 years, I don't fit into the clothing like I used to, and quite frankly, I don't spend alot of $$ on clothing right now because a) nothing is going to fit anyways, and b) they usually don't have "cute" styles that will still look good with the little bit of extra poundage I have going on... My point behind saying that, is having been a fairly average sized to on the smaller/musculer side previously, to be being a bit "chubby" now - I have noticed a HUGE difference in the service I get from SAs in upscale stores.

SAs discount me I think because not only am I only wearing "casual clothes", and probably don't look as put together as I used to, but they assume I am not going to spend any money because I'm not wearing what I imagine to be something out of a Bebe ad... Well, designer jeans don't fit me right now, and I would rather spend all of my $$ on shoes & bags!!! Its really disheartening when you walk into a store, expecting to lay down a certain amount of $$$, and walk out with NOTHING, because you couldn't get any service... I honestly have started shopping for about everything over the internet (except Coach!), for this exact reason...

So again, I haven't had any problems at Coach stores since my appearance has changed so drastically, but I have definately noticed a difference in other stores... :shrugs: I don't know what some people are thinking in their heads, but I appreciate the ones that don't judge you straight away...