Coach return policy

I actually bought a python skinny wallet at Dillard's Mother's day weekend and I noticed yesterday that the scales are lifting terribly!! Can I still return to a coach outlet or Fp store for credit with receipt? Dillard's only had a three day return policy on this item........it literally makes me sick to pay good money on a beautiful item and only use for 2 or 3 weeks with minimal use..... Only on weekends when I carry my small crossbody!!! Help please!!!

I actually bought a python skinny wallet at Dillard's Mother's day weekend and I noticed yesterday that the scales are lifting terribly!! Can I still return to a coach outlet or Fp store for credit with receipt? Dillard's only had a three day return policy on this item........it literally makes me sick to pay good money on a beautiful item and only use for 2 or 3 weeks with minimal use..... Only on weekends when I carry my small crossbody!!! Help please!!!

Did you ever return this? Dillards should take it back because it is defective.

I had a long discussion with the sa over a python bag that I wanted to purchase. The manager then came into the discussion and advised me that the scales lifting on python is not a defect, it is considered a natural occurance of the python and that unless the scales peel off they would not return the bag as defective. Hope this may help you!

Ok...so I have a bag no receipt...tag on...and no clue if I used a pce or not...will they be able to look up the transaction or do they just do a mc for full price or?

Ugh.

If you have no receipt and no packing order (if you ordered online), they'll generally give you store credit for the item if it is currently still available in FP stores. If not, you will have to see if they will accept it at the outlet, in which case they will give you the current (lowest) outlet price for it.

I called & ordered through a store a couple months ago, and it shipped from jax. The box had no packing slip but the store mailed me a receipt separately. So it's the same kind of receipt you'd get if you visit the store (even though I hadn't) - does anyone know if I can return it by shipping it back to jax? It's new, unused with tag still attached.

theheidis said:
I called & ordered through a store a couple months ago, and it shipped from jax. The box had no packing slip but the store mailed me a receipt separately. So it's the same kind of receipt you'd get if you visit the store (even though I hadn't) - does anyone know if I can return it by shipping it back to jax? It's new, unused with tag still attached.

Did they send you an order confirmation email? That should have your payment information.

PiojisPink said:
Did they send you an order confirmation email? That should have your payment information.

Nope, no email. Called SA, she said it was coming from jax. Came with no slip, got receipt in the mail.

I have the receipt with my payment info it's just the kind of receipt you get at a store rather than if you order online & get a packing slip with a return form.

PiojisPink said:
If you have a receipt they should be able to do the refund properly

I called and I'd just have to photocopy the receipt if I want to mail it back. Or wait til I get get to a store, I've never returned without a receipt. Once I didn't get a packing slip! So I made myself like the bag lol since I couldn't return it.

Question to anyone who has done a return by mail. How long does it take for your refund generally? I assumed it would be pretty speedy as most places are with returns but Coach is telling me 2-4 weeks for the refund to be processed?

LVoeShopping said:
Question to anyone who has done a return by mail. How long does it take for your refund generally? I assumed it would be pretty speedy as most places are with returns but Coach is telling me 2-4 weeks for the refund to be processed?

Depends I think on how busy they are. I've had it take 3 weeks (2 weeks after they received it back then a couple days for the credit to post), and as fast as 1 week.

New here....I have about 5 MFF bags that I purchased over the last year before realizing there was a difference. I'm going to be near an outlet this weekend and was thinking of bringing them back. They are brand new, with tags, and purchased from August of last year through December. Unfortunately, I don't have the receipts. I'm fine with merchandise credit since I have no time to try and sell them on Ebay-nightmare. I'd rather combine the credit towards a nice delete or pick up some wristlets and such. Could this be an issue? Or will they be annoyed at a five bag return??

Last edited:
New here....I have about 5 MFF bags that I purchased over the last year before realizing there was a difference. I'm going to be near an outlet this weekend and was thinking of bringing them back. They are brand new, with tags, and purchased from August of last year through December. Unfortunately, I don't have the receipts. I'm fine with merchandise credit since I have no time to try and sell them on Ebay-nightmare. I'd rather combine the credit towards a nice delete or pick up some wristlets and such. Could this be an issue? Or will they be annoyed at a five bag return??

Aside from annoying the sales person (SA) processing your return (as the style numbers may no longer be in their system and they'd have to call JAX to find out the lowest selling price on each), I could see potentially see this happening...Maybe not if you only did this one time, but Coach could send you a letter afterwards indicating that you can no longer do returns to Coach without a receipt.... I just realized I'm seeing your post kind of late, so were you able to do the returns successfully and get a merchandise credit?