Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I haven't done a bag inspection in awhile. I periodically check to make sure there's no damage from how they're stored, if they need some TLC, etc. I pulled out my Pulley bag and saw this faint kind of white residue. It doesn't smell, but do y'all think it could be mold? It's sitting in the sun right now, jic.

20221120_095122.jpg

20221120_095136.jpg

Reactions: Narnanz
I haven't done a bag inspection in awhile. I periodically check to make sure there's no damage from how they're stored, if they need some TLC, etc. I pulled out my Pulley bag and saw this faint kind of white residue. It doesn't smell, but do y'all think it could be mold? It's sitting in the sun right now, jic.

View attachment 5656796

View attachment 5656797
Could be Spue...just try and use a hairdryer and heat it up slightly...not too hot...hopefully will melt back into the leather

Question for thread - Will Coach replace disintegrating briefcase handles if you send it to them for repair? It wouldn't be free, of course.

I sent a vintage bag to Coach for repair 3 years ago before I did any kind of repairs myself. If was a Legacy Archival Ramber Crossbody where the front pocket had come unstitched all the way down the side (I used this bag - A LOT).
Truth be told, I thought that repair might be free when I took it, because the "legacy archival" bags are not vintage. But they ended up charging me $60.
Turns out it was worth it - they did a wonderful job and put the bag in a brand new dustbag. I was happy with the repair.

Question for thread - Will Coach replace disintegrating briefcase handles if you send it to them for repair? It wouldn't be free, of course.

I sent a vintage bag to Coach for repair 3 years ago before I did any kind of repairs myself. If was a Legacy Archival Ramber Crossbody where the front pocket had come unstitched all the way down the side (I used this bag - A LOT).
Truth be told, I thought that repair might be free when I took it, because the "legacy archival" bags are not vintage. But they ended up charging me $60.
Turns out it was worth it - they did a wonderful job and put the bag in a brand new dustbag. I was happy with the repair.
If they don't have the same kind of handle in stock, they won't replace them. I haven't had the best luck with Coach repairs. They restitched a station bag for me but the Poppy I sent in they didn't do what was needed; however I think that was partly the fault of the SA because she wouldn't write down what I told her had to be done. There was a loop from which the hangtags hung that needed to be restitched but they just cut it off instead.

• Sad
Reactions: Jacynthe and Tilis
I like this bag, but it really is in rough, rough shape. So, I found the same bag in the same color in a much better shape! And I bought that one, too. I LOVE the internet!

View attachment 5656852
These came in more than one size - the large and medium have the same proportions so could be confused with one another.

If they don't have the same kind of handle in stock, they won't replace them. I haven't had the best luck with Coach repairs. They restitched a station bag for me but the Poppy I sent in they didn't do what was needed; however I think that was partly the fault of the SA because she wouldn't write down what I told her had to be done. There was a loop from which the hangtags hung that needed to be restitched but they just cut it off instead.
thanks for the warning... ok I'll proceed with caution.
I try to avoid my local coach boutique whenever possible so I would send in a repair directly with my own instructions if I ever did it again.
The employees at my local Coach store think vintage bags are for people who can't afford new ones.

thanks for the warning... ok I'll proceed with caution.
I try to avoid my local coach boutique whenever possible so I would send in a repair directly with my own instructions if I ever did it again.
The employees at my local Coach store think vintage bags are for people who can't afford new ones.
They obviously haven't got the Memo!!

Hi Coach experts, I've got a hardware problem here and a bag I don't recognize.
This bag has a magnet closure and an exposed screw - has anyone seen this before?
It isn't a spring lock, because a spring lock doesn't have a magnet. I'd like to repair this bag if I could figure out what it is.

View attachment 5649811

View attachment 5649812

View attachment 5649813

View attachment 5649814

View attachment 5649815
Check out The Buckle Guy. He might have a replacement pull tab for your beautiful purse.

Reactions: Narnanz
Hi Coach experts, I've got a hardware problem here and a bag I don't recognize.
This bag has a magnet closure and an exposed screw - has anyone seen this before?
It isn't a spring lock, because a spring lock doesn't have a magnet. I'd like to repair this bag if I could figure out what it is.

View attachment 5649811

View attachment 5649812

View attachment 5649813

View attachment 5649814

View attachment 5649815

That’s interesting. At one point I had not been inside a Coach store in forever. After taking a deep dive into vintage Coach a ways back, I found tPF and was seeing all the chat on new styles too. It made me curious and I started going to the two local stores regularly. I have gotten hang tags and like to check out the fobs and wallets. Many of the younger employees noticed I was carrying vintage and were extremely interested, often asking, “can we see what the inside looks like?” But there is a manager of one store who is my age an she can smell that I’m not going to make a full price purchase and is really icy toward me!
Once I went in and a young associate had just purchased a copy of “Coach, Story of NY Cool” from Coach just before it went out of stock and she whipped it out on the counter and let me page through it!