Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I’ve noticed some people online use a rotary tool for their brassware. Once they’re removed and with eye care. But wondered if anyone used a rotary on here and which attachment do you use? I’ve been checking out amazon and some have cutting tools. Knowing my luck, I’ll probably end up cutting the brassware instead of polishing it lol so thanks in advance

I too am looking forward to seeing how this one pans out. You really are brave to tackle those poor abused edges...I would have thrown in the towel before starting :smile: Much luck !! And all you ladies are really lucky to have thrift shops where you can pick up used bags at a decent price...I live in a thrift-desert, with not a coach in sight :smile:

I’ve noticed some people online use a rotary tool for their brassware. Once they’re removed and with eye care. But wondered if anyone used a rotary on here and which attachment do you use? I’ve been checking out amazon and some have cutting tools. Knowing my luck, I’ll probably end up cutting the brassware instead of polishing it lol so thanks in advance
A long time ago, there were people in this thread that used a dremel. I don't know what attachment they used but I assume it was one for polishing.

Thanks whateve :smile: I’ve bought a £20 one on Amazon. I’ll practice on the brassware of a fake bag I accidentally bought.
I use a small Dremel Stylo. I most often just use Bartender's Friend liquid polish, but when I have that top coat on the brass to remove, I bust out the stylo. The attachments I have I special ordered a while ago. I think they're easier to find now though. I'll post a picture of the ones I use as well as a couple links for ones that seem similar.

I have 3 different grit levels, the finest of which is almost like a pencil eraser. I start with the most abrasive (the gray one-- the only 1 I have left). It does brush the metal a little, so you have to follow up with the medium and fine grits to remove the marks. Or you could start with a finer grit, but it's going to take a lot longer to remove that coat, and you'll blast through your tips quicker too.

Just fyi, depending on the size of the shaft of your attachments, you might have to buy a colett (last pic) for your rotary tool.

Here's a couple links: https://cuttingedgesupply.store/products/nova-sanding-and-polishing-points?variant=33357563035747

16689158468531472444899775193736.jpg

16689163469302405319404424271177.jpg

16689163814422392685404601650540.jpg

Sorry for the dark pictures.

Last edited:
The handles leather is disintegrating...wont be able to use it so have to find a replacement. I cant remove the D-rings and will have to cut them off and get replacements as well.
Why can’t you remove the d rings? I’m sure you’ve got the screwdriver ready. Have you tried using a little wd40, considering you’re getting rid of the leather handle anyway. Also maybe using a hairdryer and heating up the hardware to soften it. It’ll make it more malleable. I could be way off :sad:

Reactions: Narnanz
Why can’t you remove the d rings? I’m sure you’ve got the screwdriver ready. Have you tried using a little wd40, considering you’re getting rid of the leather handle anyway. Also maybe using a hairdryer and heating up the hardware to soften it. It’ll make it more malleable. I could be way off :sad:
Tried that...they just don't move