Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

So I’m in the process of rehabbing a Jade City, and there’s some color loss on the front pocket from years of wear and I assume BR is the best for this? I saw @LadaZuri post about it but I’m wondering what the general consensus is. I’ve never used it before and I’m wondering how well it works on all colors.
View attachment 5112140
I’m working on a Jade Court right now that was in really rough shape with scratches. I conditioned and buffed a LOT and am using BR. Here are a couple of before and in progress pics. The “after” pics are pre BR with only heavy buffing. Does that sound dirty to anyone else? :yes:
31461FE2-33B9-47F6-B717-72A35B17E7A2.jpeg5D6A6536-3E77-4AB4-9EE1-129271D5E298.jpeg0399E3CF-6631-4EA6-ABB5-9E6B48D1A437.jpegD67B72CB-EADF-4C3F-8BE2-BB62FDF8DC24.jpeg

This Italian (Beechnut?) Carlyle 4401 is incorrectly listed as a Watson. It has a low starting bid (or make an offer) and shipping is included but it appears to be missing the hangtag:

The auction ended and there were 6 bids on the Italian Coach Carlyle that was incorrectly listed as a Watson bag. The winner got the bag for $45 with free shipping; did a Coachie here on TPF get it? Whoever got it, I hope they weren't looking for a Watson bag!

Hi! I’m in need of some advice, I just recently got a coach station bag and while I was looking through it to make sure everything’s okay I noticed that there’s this white residue at the very bottom of the pocket. I was concerned that it was mold or mildew so I took pure white vinegar on a q-tip and applied it but now I’m not so sure. Does anyone know what this is?

428149FC-DF18-464B-911F-E688CC688648.jpegEFF681C3-DECB-4EF3-BD56-F7E1231F3431.jpeg

Reactions: LadaZuri
Hi! I’m in need of some advice, I just recently got a coach station bag and while I was looking through it to make sure everything’s okay I noticed that there’s this white residue at the very bottom of the pocket. I was concerned that it was mold or mildew so I took pure white vinegar on a q-tip and applied it but now I’m not so sure. Does anyone know what this is?

View attachment 5114017View attachment 5114019
It might just be glue residue?

View attachment 5114017View attachment 5114019
Before they put the bag together, the edges are shaved down so there’s less leather to sew through. This leaves a white edge which can still be visible on the inside of the bag. Can you see that in the other pocket? That might be what you’re seeing.

Hello, @LadaZuri! Have you gotten around to color refreshing your aqua lunchbox? how did it go? :smile:

I just recently got mine and its so pretty but it definitely needs some color refresh! @MrsGAM and other kind ladies in the forum gave very good advise but i'm still so afraid to mess this up.

Any tips for rehabbing aqua colored bags? would dunking help with the fading and color loss in the case of pastel colored bags?

I actually haven't dunked my Lunch Box yet. I am heartbroken because I've lost part of the crossbody strap and have been searching for it and/or a suitable replacement. I can use my aqua Regina strap, so I should probably move on with rehabbing it. :facepalm:

Yes, dunking will definitely help bring out the colour, although with lighter coloured bags a little less so. IMHO dunking is an important first step. @whateve had an excellent idea to take your bag to a local paint store and have them colour match it! BRILLIANT! :yahoo: You only need a small amount of the acrylic paint, mixing it thoroughly with Leather CPR. Do thin applications and let dry completely between coats.

I've done colour refreshing on entire black and red bags and have been very happy with the result. Good luck and keep us posted! :hugs:

I am so excited that my tangerine or mango(?) Geometric Bag 9043 arrived yesterday! She is definitely going to be one of my favourites! :love:

Before:
There's a bit of fading which is more evident irl. I am hopeful that a dunk and deep conditioning will remedy that, but I am open to colour refreshing if need be.
IMG_8790.jpg

A couple of tiny marks at the top
IMG_8784.jpg

The piping is perfect:
IMG_8785.JPG

IMG_8787.JPG

A couple of tiny marks:
IMG_8783.jpg
And a couple of extremely faint scratches.
IMG_8786.JPG

I couldn't wait to start on her!
Bath time with Dawn and lots of vinegar in hot water:
IMG_8805.jpg

Reshaped and first conditioning ithe CPR.
IMG_8810.JPG

It appears the tiny marks are gone. :tup:
IMG_8809.jpg

Thanks for looking and sharing in my joy! :flowers:

IMG_8790.jpgIMG_8784.jpgIMG_8785.JPGIMG_8787.JPGIMG_8783.jpgIMG_8791.jpgIMG_8786.JPGIMG_8805.jpgIMG_8810.JPGIMG_8809.jpg

So regarding Saphir Juvacuir medium brown 37, @Coachaddict4020 , I found it to match BT dead on. I have not used it recently so I pulled it out for a little reality check. I pulled out a BT Compartment Tote and a mahogany 9167. I applied a little to the piping next to the sponge on the tote and yes, the warm hint of copper makes it more a better refresh agent for BT. I would try the next darker shade of brown they offer for mahogany if I wanted to a refresh. I think this would help out piping on mahogany but on a larger area, I am not so confident for an exact match. Hope this helps.
image.jpg

So regarding Saphir Juvacuir medium brown 37, @Coachaddict4020 , I found it to match BT dead on. I have not used it recently so I pulled it out for a little reality check. I pulled out a BT Compartment Tote and a mahogany 9167. I applied a little to the piping next to the sponge on the tote and yes, the warm hint of copper makes it more a better refresh agent for BT. I would try the next darker shade of brown they offer for mahogany if I wanted to a refresh. I think this would help out piping on mahogany but on a larger area, I am not so confident for an exact match. Hope this helps.
View attachment 5115852

This is really helpful as I was contemplating what to do with my Rambler's Legacy. It has 3 lighter spots on the flap which I couldn't even out with conditioning... not even BR:
IMG_8742.JPG

Attaching a larger sized tearose was an option:
IMG_8745.jpg

I still love this look, but Saphir Juvacuir medium brown 37 would be easier and less invasive. Opinions most welcome, please! :flowers:

Many thanks, Lake and Coachaddict4020!

View attachment 5115852

Thank you SO much for doing this, I find the Saphir colour chart to be rather deceptive. I’ll definitely look into the darker shades offered :smile:

Reactions: LadaZuri
This is really helpful as I was contemplating what to do with my Rambler's Legacy. It has 3 lighter spots on the flap which I couldn't even out with conditioning... not even BR:
View attachment 5115864

View attachment 5115866

I still love this look, but Saphir Juvacuir medium brown 37 would be easier and less invasive. Opinions most welcome, please! :flowers:

For the colour refresh Im planning, there’s also aniline dye as an option. The colour chart is confusing though & the company hasn’t responded to my message yet so Im looking into other options in the meantime :smile:

I hate the picture samples all these companies give. It would be much more helpful if they spilled the actual dye on a white piece of paper as a swatch. I also hate ordering online as you eat the shipping cost if you have to return!

View attachment 5115864

View attachment 5115866

My pleasure! I am happy my experience can help! I freaking love that tea rose so I totally co-sign that option. I am a monochromatic fan of that shade. I have to go look at sight to see it she still has any left in any colors.