Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Thank you! I almost got that after reading your posts here about it. So far I just got Leather CPR to test out on a slightly dry bag. I have been hesitating to condition bags since I don't know if they need it or not, but this one does and hopefully it will be good for it.
I put Blackrocks on the corners of my Legacy duffles to keep them from losing color. I had put some on my sunflower duffle; then a few days later, I noticed a black mark. It cleaned right off. If I hadn't had the Blackrocks on there, I think I would have gotten a stain.

Oooo I think she looks better than the Coach pic.

What a beautiful bag!

Thanks! It looks like the strap, hangtag, and the leather strips that hold the rings on the sides of the bag have all faded to a slightly different color than the main body of the bag. The color looks uniform in the original coach pictures, but the faded areas of my bag have faded evenly and I kind of like the slightly "colorblock" look that it has now.

Thanks! It looks like the strap, hangtag, and the leather strips that hold the rings on the sides of the bag have all faded to a slightly different color than the main body of the bag. The color looks uniform in the original coach pictures, but they've faded areas of my bag have faded evenly and I kind of like the slightly "colorblock" look that it has now.
I've seen this in all my smooth leather Bleeckers. I think this might have similar leather. The different types of leather they used for the trim ended up different colors than the rest of the bag.

I've seen this in all my smooth leather Bleeckers. I think this might have similar leather. The different types of leather they used for the trim ended up different colors than the rest of the bag.

This bag reminds me a lot of my Bleecker Flap Bag in Ink and Brass, I love bags from that era!

I used Wenol on the most tarnished areas of the metal but I didn't overdo it because I kind of like the antique brass look - and also because I hate polishing metal! But I could do more to brighten up the brass, what do you think?

SohoLacedBuckskinAfter_001.jpg

Reactions: Jeny09
This bag reminds me a lot of my Bleecker Flap Bag in Ink and Brass, I love bags from that era!

I used Wenol on the most tarnished areas of the metal but I didn't overdo it because I kind of like the antique brass look - and also because I hate polishing metal! But I could do more to brighten up the brass, what do you think?

View attachment 4137883
I love it just as it is! The metal has a soft sheen which I think suits the bag perfectly.

Here are the before photos. The bag had been used but had also been well-cared for. It was soiled and very dry and there were finger nail scratches on the leather and a few ink marks on the lining.

I washed the bag in the sink with Dawn and scrubbed it with a soft brush and the ink marks came out of the lining pretty easily. I stuffed it to dry but the biggest problem was that the bag was so dry! The strap and other parts of it were drying so fast that I was afraid the leather would crack. I put on 2 applications of leather therapy oil during drying. I gave it 2 applications of Blackrocks after it was dry and then buffed with a soft brush.

View attachment 4137854

View attachment 4137856

View attachment 4137857

View attachment 4137859

View attachment 4137861
Gorgeous!

Reactions: katev

View attachment 4137883
I would be afraid to do more to the brass. The plating might be thin. I think it looks great now. I think it is supposed to be antiqued brass.

Reactions: Catbird9 and katev
Guys, I dun a dumb thing, I tried cleaning a very stained little mustard yellow coach today, I didn't like how it turned out with just viniger and dawn so I had the brilliant idea of using oxy clean...weeeeellll...I've never seen so much dye come out of a bag. Dye was even on my hands. I think I took all the color out of this bag I'm a little upset at myself. :sad: Anyone else ever make this mistake. Or am I the only dope to do this.

Guys, I dun a dumb thing, I tried cleaning a very stained little mustard yellow coach today, I didn't like how it turned out with just viniger and dawn so I had the brilliant idea of using oxy clean...weeeeellll...I've never seen so much dye come out of a bag. Dye was even on my hands. I think I took all the color out of this bag I'm a little upset at myself. :sad: Anyone else ever make this mistake. Or am I the only dope to do this.
[emoji22] Omg so sorry

Let it dry and see how it looks. I have had bags run badly - red bags mostly - but they looked fine after they were dried and conditioned. I have never oxy-clean on a bag so I don't know how it will factor in.

I have done dumb things too. Ruined a Paris bag when I dunked it and it had one stain inside. It didn't bleed during the bath so I thought it was fine but it bled during the drying process and showed up in the outside. [emoji17]

I used oxy clean on a bag once. It survived. Plenty of color left.

Reactions: katev
Kiwi suede cleaner didn't work for me at all. If I was feeling adventurous, I would wash it in the washing machine. Brush it with the nail brush before it is completely dry.

Oh my goodness. You’re brave! In the washing machine? That scares the &@#$ out of me. Won’t it shrink, ruin the suede, or cause the colors to bleed? I have one of those front loading HE machines that doesn’t fill up with water... Would that be a problem? Oh boy, this terrifies me.

Last edited:
Reactions: whateve