Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Hello Rehabbers!
Hope everyone's doing OK!
Haven't done any rehabbing for awhile & have been missing it and the folks on this forum.

I promised my sister-in-law that I'd try to clean up her almost-vintage Ergo bag.
The color is Marigold, and it has some dirt, lighter spots and wear throughout the outside - can barely see it in the pic.
I've had experience with Sonomas mostly, and have soaked bags and used leather therapy, CPR and Backrock. But some of the lighter colored bags I've rehabbed came out looking a bit worse - weird stains, color loss etc emerged.

Since it's not my bag and is a light color I'm feeling less confident and am worried I'll make it look worse!! I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

TIA!
View attachment 3901060
I have dunked an yellow ergo like that one but it was not lined. I dunked as usual and used leather CPR and a light coat of Blackrock and it came out fine. I hope that helps.

Reactions: whateve
Concerned about my coach bags suffering any smoke damage. My BF left a pot on the stove for an hour. House in smoke from top to bottom. There seems to be a coating of grease on everything. My bags were in the basement and in their dust bags but the basement also stinks of grease smoke. Any suggestions of what might help besides airing the place out?

Concerned about my coach bags suffering any smoke damage. My BF left a pot on the stove for an hour. House in smoke from top to bottom. There seems to be a coating of grease on everything. My bags were in the basement and in their dust bags but the basement also stinks of grease smoke. Any suggestions of what might help besides airing the place out?
Sorry to hear about that! And that I have no experience with that. Hopefully someone will reply soon to share something.

I don't have any experience with that particular issue either, but if you search the thread for " smoke odor" you might find some useful ideas. Airing outside seems to work, as well as aquarium charcoal (search this thread with those words also). Good luck.