Coach goes to the movies....

I think that the briefcase that Harrison Ford gives to Melanie Griffith in Working Girl is the Coach Diplomat Attaché with Combination Lock in British Tan, style number 5353 but I don't see a hangtag on her bag in the movie so it might just be a copycat.

Here is a photo of the actual bag and a couple of screenshots from the movie.

This is actually Mark Cross. The gift box Jack (Harrison Ford) hands Tess (Melanie Griffith) has the MC logo on it.

Thanks!

Reactions: amateurjeweler
Hello TPF friends! Long time no post, but I still love vintage Coach and get a secret thrill when I spot them in films.

I believe this is a Companion Bag #9300 carried by Lindsay Crouse in the 1987 noir thriller, House of Games. If you watch the whole movie there's a scene near the end where it's shown close up and you see the two outer side pockets. She also carried what might be a black Coach satchel in the final scenes, but I can't see it clearly enough to be sure.

Anyway, long live Vintage Coach!

House-of-Games-14.png

Hello TPF friends! Long time no post, but I still love vintage Coach and get a secret thrill when I spot them in films.

I believe this is a Companion Bag #9300 carried by Lindsay Crouse in the 1987 noir thriller, House of Games. If you watch the whole movie there's a scene near the end where it's shown close up and you see the two outer side pockets. She also carried what might be a black Coach satchel in the final scenes, but I can't see it clearly enough to be sure.

Anyway, long live Vintage Coach!

View attachment 5705926
I was looking through this thread the other day and boy is it buried! And then to see who brought it up front and center!!! Nice to see you catbird :hugs:
Yes, haha long live vintage Coach!

Hi, Just watched Sandra Bullock in Hope Afloats. I think she was carrying the Legacy Trail Bag 9965 in mahogany. Can watch it from 51.30 onwards.

View attachment 5712136

View attachment 5712137
9965 is not called a trail bag. It's a Legacy small flap. A long time someone on the Internet made a mistake, calling this bag by the name for style #9955, and ever since people have been making the mistake over and over.

Hello everyone! From “You Hurt My Feelings”… looks like Mahogany City 9790? I love this bag. I owned one briefly, but it was just too big for me. Is there a smaller version?

View attachment 5835276View attachment 5835277
For vintage, there is a bag that looks like a smaller version of the city but it is kind of hard to find. It's a collegiate bag:

9815_Collegiate-89SumPrev.jpg

There are also Rambler's Legacy and Legacy small flap bags that are similar.
9061_Ramblers Legacy-FallPreview1998.jpg9965 Legacy small flap 1997.JPG

For recent bags, there is the Cassie 19.

Not sure anyone has broached this - but since I have been acquiring and carrying vintage Coach bags, I keep spotting them in films that I have seen loads of times... but somehow missed. And a few new films. Have you?

I'll start:
Ghostbusters 2, opening scene - Sigourney Weaver is carrying a city bag
Baby Boom - Diane Keaton has I believe a fold over top coach bag near the beginning of film - the name escapes me
Take Care - Leslie Bibb's character has a mahogany city bag in the ending scene. (small film, slow to start but worth it. On Netflix)
Diane Keaton’s character, JC Wiatt, is wearing a Bottega Veneta crossbody bag and not a Coach bag. I always liked it when I first saw the bag. Similar to the one in the photo, attached, but not made of the latticed or braided leather.

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 5