Coach goes to the movies....

I think I've seen some vintage Coach in the show "Mrs. America." I believe that Rose Byrne (Gloria Steinem) carries a vintage tote with the kisslock pocket at the front (so cute!). I notice it in the episode 2 when she walks down the street before she autographs the Ms. Magazine for the admirer. Then I saw it again in the "Betty" episode at the end when she is leaving her office. Then I think in the "Betty" episode I see Tracey Ullman (Betty Friedan) putting a shoulder bag with buckles in a restroom sink when she's having a moment after the debate. I had trouble getting good photos of it because when I pause the screen, there is a line that runs through. But keep an eye out in the event you start to binge watch this show! :smile:

Reactions: katev and Catbird9
I think I've seen some vintage Coach in the show "Mrs. America." I believe that Rose Byrne (Gloria Steinem) carries a vintage tote with the kisslock pocket at the front (so cute!). I notice it in the episode 2 when she walks down the street before she autographs the Ms. Magazine for the admirer. Then I saw it again in the "Betty" episode at the end when she is leaving her office. Then I think in the "Betty" episode I see Tracey Ullman (Betty Friedan) putting a shoulder bag with buckles in a restroom sink when she's having a moment after the debate. I had trouble getting good photos of it because when I pause the screen, there is a line that runs through. But keep an eye out in the event you start to binge watch this show! :smile:
Yes! Here’s one of them:

Attachments

• A5814A4E-FDC0-449D-BFD7-A2C7D19E9C23.jpeg
    A5814A4E-FDC0-449D-BFD7-A2C7D19E9C23.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 28B23018-3B90-4BD8-9F9B-C62D4053CDF5.jpeg
    28B23018-3B90-4BD8-9F9B-C62D4053CDF5.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 238
Was watching Back to the Future. At the end of the movie, when Marty's parents (who are now successful) enter the house after their tennis game, I believe Mrs. McFly is carrying a Coach on her shoulder. Something like a basic bag or convertible clutch. It has a wrist strap that you can see as she walks into the scene (though the wrist strap is not in the picture here). coach back to the future.jpg

Was watching Back to the Future. At the end of the movie, when Marty's parents (who are now successful) enter the house after their tennis game, I believe Mrs. McFly is carrying a Coach on her shoulder. Something like a basic bag or convertible clutch. It has a wrist strap that you can see as she walks into the scene (though the wrist strap is not in the picture here). View attachment 4725665
I wondered about this the last time I watched this movie. I've seen it about 10,000 times and can quote it word for word, but never before had I paid attention to the purses anyone carried.

Reactions: PandasMom
I wondered about this the last time I watched this movie. I've seen it about 10,000 times and can quote it word for word, but never before had I paid attention to the purses anyone carried.
Me too--I've seen it about a billion times and never noticed it either! What I thought was cute was that now her family is a success, so of course she carries a Coach! :smile: It's a perfect movie to watch in these times. I always notice something new when I watch it.

Reactions: artax two
Me too--I've seen it about a billion times and never noticed it either! What I thought was cute was that now her family is a success, so of course she carries a Coach! :smile: It's a perfect movie to watch in these times. I always notice something new when I watch it.
Same! It's one of those movies that never gets old. Ever. I think it may be one of, if not the only, perfect movie.

Reactions: PandasMom