Coach goes to the movies....

I think that the briefcase that Harrison Ford gives to Melanie Griffith in Working Girl is the Coach Diplomat Attaché with Combination Lock in British Tan, style number 5353 but I don't see a hangtag on her bag in the movie so it might just be a copycat.

Here is a photo of the actual bag and a couple of screenshots from the movie.

This is actually Mark Cross. The gift box Jack (Harrison Ford) hands Tess (Melanie Griffith) has the MC logo on it.

Thanks!

Hello TPF friends! Long time no post, but I still love vintage Coach and get a secret thrill when I spot them in films.

I believe this is a Companion Bag #9300 carried by Lindsay Crouse in the 1987 noir thriller, House of Games. If you watch the whole movie there's a scene near the end where it's shown close up and you see the two outer side pockets. She also carried what might be a black Coach satchel in the final scenes, but I can't see it clearly enough to be sure.

Anyway, long live Vintage Coach!

House-of-Games-14.png

Hello TPF friends! Long time no post, but I still love vintage Coach and get a secret thrill when I spot them in films.

I believe this is a Companion Bag #9300 carried by Lindsay Crouse in the 1987 noir thriller, House of Games. If you watch the whole movie there's a scene near the end where it's shown close up and you see the two outer side pockets. She also carried what might be a black Coach satchel in the final scenes, but I can't see it clearly enough to be sure.

Anyway, long live Vintage Coach!

View attachment 5705926
I was looking through this thread the other day and boy is it buried! And then to see who brought it up front and center!!! Nice to see you catbird :hugs:
Yes, haha long live vintage Coach!

Hi, Just watched Sandra Bullock in Hope Afloats. I think she was carrying the Legacy Trail Bag 9965 in mahogany. Can watch it from 51.30 onwards.

View attachment 5712136

View attachment 5712137
9965 is not called a trail bag. It's a Legacy small flap. A long time someone on the Internet made a mistake, calling this bag by the name for style #9955, and ever since people have been making the mistake over and over.

Hello everyone! From “You Hurt My Feelings”… looks like Mahogany City 9790? I love this bag. I owned one briefly, but it was just too big for me. Is there a smaller version?

View attachment 5835276View attachment 5835277
For vintage, there is a bag that looks like a smaller version of the city but it is kind of hard to find. It's a collegiate bag:

9815_Collegiate-89SumPrev.jpg

There are also Rambler's Legacy and Legacy small flap bags that are similar.
9061_Ramblers Legacy-FallPreview1998.jpg9965 Legacy small flap 1997.JPG

For recent bags, there is the Cassie 19.

Not sure anyone has broached this - but since I have been acquiring and carrying vintage Coach bags, I keep spotting them in films that I have seen loads of times... but somehow missed. And a few new films. Have you?

I'll start:
Ghostbusters 2, opening scene - Sigourney Weaver is carrying a city bag
Baby Boom - Diane Keaton has I believe a fold over top coach bag near the beginning of film - the name escapes me
Take Care - Leslie Bibb's character has a mahogany city bag in the ending scene. (small film, slow to start but worth it. On Netflix)
Diane Keaton’s character, JC Wiatt, is wearing a Bottega Veneta crossbody bag and not a Coach bag. I always liked it when I first saw the bag. Similar to the one in the photo, attached, but not made of the latticed or braided leather.

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: whateve