Coach Bedford Hobo

I like the look of the Harmony 33 (no zip on the middle compartment) but none of the colors appeal other than black and oxblood. I already have the oxblood Bedford though, which is too much duplication for me, and the last thing I need is yet another black bag. For $1000, or even $500, I need to be in love with a product, not just settling for a particular color option. I wonder about the longevity of the style too - how long would I still like it? Plus, that’s a lot of suede to look after. The Bedford is so clean and classic looking by comparison, and at half off it was even a good value for a 1941 bag. The two just aren’t that comparable, really.

I hope Coach has more bags to release this season. So far they’ve deleted several bags I really liked and I’m not really a fan of the replacements.

I like the look of the Harmony 33 (no zip on the middle compartment) but none of the colors appeal other than black and oxblood. I already have the oxblood Bedford though, which is too much duplication for me, and the last thing I need is yet another black bag. For $1000, or even $500, I need to be in love with a product, not just settling for a particular color option. I wonder about the longevity of the style too - how long would I still like it? Plus, that’s a lot of suede to look after. The Bedford is so clean and classic looking by comparison, and at half off it was even a good value for a 1941 bag. The two just aren’t that comparable, really.

I hope Coach has more bags to release this season. So far they’ve deleted several bags I really liked and I’m not really a fan of the replacements.

Completely agree. The Bedford was streamlined and elegant, the Harmony is just confusing me with all these tassels. The only thing they have in common is the hobo designation, and the Coach brand name. :/

I had to go look at the Harmony online. Coach likes to make babies out of other styles. This looks like Edie 42, Bedford and Rogue had a baby together! I agree....Bedford was more classy with clean lines and not trying too hard. Harmony seems to be trying too hard.

I had to go look at the Harmony online. Coach likes to make babies out of other styles. This looks like Edie 42, Bedford and Rogue had a baby together! I agree....Bedford was more classy with clean lines and not trying too hard. Harmony seems to be trying too hard.
I like the look of the smaller Harmony. Hope to check out black tomorrow. It also reminds me of a smooth leather version of the Bandit. I'm curious how accurate the pics are & if the center compartment is connected at the bottom or not (hoping it is).

Woot! I got lucky. I poked my head into the Coach boutique and they had Bedfords left still on sale. They only had black and oxblood last week but they must have gotten a last minute shipment because today they also had grey and canyon. So now I have two Bedfords - oxblood for winter and canyon for summer. Yay!

There aren’t any outlets within 500 miles from me, and I can’t seem to get approved for the outlet website, so for me it’s retail or bust. So glad I went (though my bank account isn’t very happy with me now).

What’s even more fun is that the SAs know me now. So we also had fun while they showed me a bunch of other products and gave me a preview of the new releases they haven’t put out yet. Love my SAs.

Reactions: lovingmybags
Woot! I got lucky. I poked my head into the Coach boutique and they had Bedfords left still on sale. They only had black and oxblood last week but they must have gotten a last minute shipment because today they also had grey and canyon. So now I have two Bedfords - oxblood for winter and canyon for summer. Yay!

There aren’t any outlets within 500 miles from me, and I can’t seem to get approved for the outlet website, so for me it’s retail or bust. So glad I went (though my bank account isn’t very happy with me now).

What’s even more fun is that the SAs know me now. So we also had fun while they showed me a bunch of other products and gave me a preview of the new releases they haven’t put out yet. Love my SAs.
Congrats! This is a lovely bag. I wish I had bought the Cypress color to keep my Heather Grey one company. Enjoy.

I'm training my bag now to hang properly.

Anyone with the canyon color.....did you do anything to the leather to protect it? I'm wondering if I should spray it with something in case it rubs on a black shirt. Even though you wash things a gazillion times, color transfer still seems a possibility.

sorry to dig up this thread. I just purchased a Bedford Hobo off Ebay.
I was originally plaining to use it to carry my 13 inch notebook, because all my Rogue 31s are not able to fit.
Bedford hobo does fit the notebook and my daily essentials perfectly and I am a big fan of the the smooth glove tanned leather and the minimalism design for going to work. I almost loved it except the shoulder strap keeps falling off my shoulder.

I really hope if the shoulder strap can be adjusted to even longer (if it's adjustable from both ends, it will), so I can wear it as a cross body. I am sure the wide shoulder strap will be very comfortable to wear.
I am currently using it as the longest setting and have to use my arm to hold the bag otherwise, the strap will fall off.
Any recommendation to make it work better?

sorry to dig up this thread. I just purchased a Bedford Hobo off Ebay.
I was originally plaining to use it to carry my 13 inch notebook, because all my Rogue 31s are not able to fit.
Bedford hobo does fit the notebook and my daily essentials perfectly and I am a big fan of the the smooth glove tanned leather and the minimalism design for going to work. I almost loved it except the shoulder strap keeps falling off my shoulder.

I really hope if the shoulder strap can be adjusted to even longer (if it's adjustable from both ends, it will), so I can wear it as a cross body. I am sure the wide shoulder strap will be very comfortable to wear.
I am currently using it as the longest setting and have to use my arm to hold the bag otherwise, the strap will fall off.
Any recommendation to make it work better?
I don't think it is adjustable from both ends. The strap doesn't come out of the buckle. It is an odd adjustment on this bag.