Clarisonic effectiveness Poll!

After a MONTH OR LONGER of regular use, what have you noticed?

• Thought I noticed a difference at first, but not anymore.

• Major difference at first and still!

• No difference ever.

• No difference at first but am starting to see a difference now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I tried the deep pore cleansing brush recently and am really bummed that I have to return it. It's just way too harsh for me, even after only using it twice. Ugh. Maybe I will have luck with the acne brush.

ladies I've had a clarisonic for a week and LOVE it to death.

my only complaint is that it has dried out my skin a lot. my face feels crazy dry, no matter how much moisturizer I use. I'm thinking this may be a sign that my face is incompatible with the clarisonic brand gel cleanser that came with it, not the actual little machine.

anyone had this experience? tonight I'll try using it with a different cleanser to see if it feels different but I sort of wanted to stick it out and try a consistent product for a while.

I've been using my Mia2 for about 4.5 months now, and I'm finding it does nothing for my skin but dry it out. I started using it with the cleanser that came with it, then when that ran out I started using my regular cleanser (Murad) with it. I don't have an issue with acne, but was hoping the Clarisonic would act as a type of exfoliator to get rid of that top layer of dry skin. It has only made my dry areas worse, and brought forth a few more dry areas. I was using it daily for the first 4 months, and am now down to using it occasionally. I'll probably quit altogether soon.

I've been using my Mia2 for about 4.5 months now, and I'm finding it does nothing for my skin but dry it out. I started using it with the cleanser that came with it, then when that ran out I started using my regular cleanser (Murad) with it. I don't have an issue with acne, but was hoping the Clarisonic would act as a type of exfoliator to get rid of that top layer of dry skin. It has only made my dry areas worse, and brought forth a few more dry areas. I was using it daily for the first 4 months, and am now down to using it occasionally. I'll probably quit altogether soon.

thanks for the feedback, it's interesting to hear of others having a similar experience. I'm going to keep using it for a few months at least, even with the dryness I love the effect on my face. plus I'm going to a super humid place for the next few months so that will change things too.

I've been using it twice a day too so maybe I should cut back and see what happens.

If your skin is sensitive try using it only a few times/week w/ a cream cleanser. Moisturize immediately after.

Yes, and use the sensitive skin brush and lots of water with the clarisonic. I use really rich moisturizer (cream) and eye cream, and I live in a dry climate. Also I use the clarisonic in the shower so my skin is still moist when I apply the thick moisturizing cream. Sometimes I run my fingertips under water before massaging in the moisturizer to add extra moisture.

Jesssh said:
Yes, and use the sensitive skin brush and lots of water with the clarisonic. I use really rich moisturizer (cream) and eye cream, and I live in a dry climate. Also I use the clarisonic in the shower so my skin is still moist when I apply the thick moisturizing cream. Sometimes I run my fingertips under water before massaging in the moisturizer to add extra moisture.

I find that the sensitive brush is still too harsh. Delicate works the best for me.

I've had my clarisonic for about 4 yrs. I use it everyday in the evenings. I absolutely cannot live without it and it has done absolute wonders for my sensitive/combo skin. The key is to find the right cleanser. Using the brush shouldnt cause dryness, but when using it with a harsh cleanser it can. I've been using SkinCeuticals Sensitive Skin cleanser, it works very well for me.

I've had my clarisonic for about 4 yrs. I use it everyday in the evenings. I absolutely cannot live without it and it has done absolute wonders for my sensitive/combo skin. The key is to find the right cleanser. Using the brush shouldnt cause dryness, but when using it with a harsh cleanser it can. I've been using SkinCeuticals Sensitive Skin cleanser, it works very well for me.

Wow! I guess you have seen great results! I'm glad, I have been bad and I haven't used it in a while.

Anyone know how is the acne brush?

oooh thanks for the tip, now I'm dying to try this cleanser. I'm trying to figure out what brick and mortar store would carry it... so far no luck, looks like it's mainly sold at derms offices. do you get it online or can you suggest a store?

thanks!

ignore my previous question, I already found some at a spa just a couple blocks away, so excited to try it tonight, thanks again!

Wow! I guess you have seen great results! I'm glad, I have been bad and I haven't used it in a while.

When I first got my Clarisonic, I used it a few times (broke out) and then didn't use it again until a year later. What I realized is that the initial break out should be expected since you are exfoliating, and also bc I was using the wrong cleanser (it was too harsh).

Now, I cannot imagine not using it. It really helped to clear up my skin.:smile:

angelnyc89 said:

I'm trying right now. Doesn't seem to be too harsh but I only use it a couple times a week now. Might be on par with sensitive brush head.