Clarisonic effectiveness Poll!

After a MONTH OR LONGER of regular use, what have you noticed?

• Thought I noticed a difference at first, but not anymore.

• Major difference at first and still!

• No difference ever.

• No difference at first but am starting to see a difference now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I first got my Clarisonic, I used it a few times (broke out) and then didn't use it again until a year later. What I realized is that the initial break out should be expected since you are exfoliating, and also bc I was using the wrong cleanser (it was too harsh).

Now, I cannot imagine not using it. It really helped to clear up my skin.:smile:

Which cleanser do you use? I know! When I first used it consistently, I saw/felt a difference. It feels so much cleaner. But I kind of got lazy. I ordered the acne brush and will start using it again when it comes.

Mine broke after 3 months. Will not buy another.

Is it under warranty? I'm sure they will replace it.

I'm trying right now. Doesn't seem to be too harsh but I only use it a couple times a week now. Might be on par with sensitive brush head.

I like the sensitive brush but the delicate feels nicer.

I just got it for my brother's birthday! He tried mine and with one use it made such a difference!

Which cleanser do you use? I know! When I first used it consistently, I saw/felt a difference. It feels so much cleaner. But I kind of got lazy. I ordered the acne brush and will start using it again when it comes.

I've been using SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser for Sensitive skin for about 2 yrs. It works really well for me, its gentle enough but still get the job done. I also only use the sensitive skin brush and replace it every 2-3 months.

what exactly does washing your face with a brush do for you? i've heard of Clarisonic products but never really gave it much thought. then a few days ago i ordered a "facial brush" (it wasn't even a planned purchase, i was just helping a friend). it looks like this:

online.beautyshop.oriflame.nl/catalog-images/product/global/9507_2.png

it was from http://online.beautyshop.oriflame.nl/products/product-detail.jhtml?prodCode=9507 and it's dirt cheap (€1.95). i figured since i'm lazy this would make washing my face faster. i use Biotherm Biopur Pore Reducer Gentle Purifying Gel and never got bubbles out of it. then i started using a brush and bubbles came out of it. i used the brush (the cheap one, not the Clarsonic) for the first time today, and i can't really describe what happened, but let's just say that my face looked more "porcelain"? :weird: am i making sense? i know that sounds weird, but that is what it looked like. is this the same thing as using Clarisonic products? if i like how this small brush works out for me, i MIGHT invest in a Clarisonic. MAAAAAYBE. it looks expensive. how often do i have to replace Clarisonic brushes?

and how hard are Clarisonic brushes? they look kind of stiff. does it hurt?

Last edited:
I thought for the longest time "Why do I need to wash my face with that? I use an exfoliant." Well, let me tell you - you can tell a HUGE difference the first time you use it. H. U. G. E. Amazing. And it doesn't hurt at all. I even use the "acne" brush head and it's still soft.

Personally, I think it also helps my retinol (in p.m.) and Vitamin C serum (in a.m.) absorb better, since it exfoliates so well. All 3 products are ones I will not be without.

The brush heads are supposed to be replaced every 3 months.

what exactly does washing your face with a brush do for you? i've heard of Clarisonic products but never really gave it much thought. then a few days ago i ordered a "facial brush" (it wasn't even a planned purchase, i was just helping a friend). it looks like this:

online.beautyshop.oriflame.nl/catalog-images/product/global/9507_2.png

it was from http://online.beautyshop.oriflame.nl/products/product-detail.jhtml?prodCode=9507 and it's dirt cheap (€1.95). i figured since i'm lazy this would make washing my face faster. i use Biotherm Biopur Pore Reducer Gentle Purifying Gel and never got bubbles out of it. then i started using a brush and bubbles came out of it. i used the brush (the cheap one, not the Clarsonic) for the first time today, and i can't really describe what happened, but let's just say that my face looked more "porcelain"? :weird: am i making sense? i know that sounds weird, but that is what it looked like. is this the same thing as using Clarisonic products? if i like how this small brush works out for me, i MIGHT invest in a Clarisonic. MAAAAAYBE. it looks expensive. how often do i have to replace Clarisonic brushes?

and how hard are Clarisonic brushes? they look kind of stiff. does it hurt?

The way it was explained to me is that a Clarisonic is like a Sonicare for your face. They have the same inventor. Sonicare is recommended for its thoroughness. You should find more details on the Clarisonic web site. The idea is that it cleans your face so well that products (creams, etc.) can be more effective. It should not scrub your face or stretch your skin. The brush operates in a circular motion. There is an outside brush which remains still and catches spray while the inside brush moves.

I would not exfoliate or do microderm abrasion if using a Clarisonic regularly.

I thought for the longest time "Why do I need to wash my face with that? I use an exfoliant." Well, let me tell you - you can tell a HUGE difference the first time you use it. H. U. G. E. Amazing. And it doesn't hurt at all. I even use the "acne" brush head and it's still soft.

Personally, I think it also helps my retinol (in p.m.) and Vitamin C serum (in a.m.) absorb better, since it exfoliates so well. All 3 products are ones I will not be without.

The brush heads are supposed to be replaced every 3 months.

thank you for sharing! i did notice this "HUGE" difference (the "porcelain" thing, i swear that's what it looked like). thank you for letting me know there's even an acne brush. i was kind of worried about that. someone told me you weren't allowed to do facials when you have acne because it can lead to serious scaring. i do use acne products, so i hope that will help with absorption. i'll stick with my 1 Euro brush for now, but Clarisonic is SOOOOOO on my wishlist right now! :smile:

The way it was explained to me is that a Clarisonic is like a Sonicare for your face. They have the same inventor. Sonicare is recommended for its thoroughness. You should find more details on the Clarisonic web site. The idea is that it cleans your face so well that products (creams, etc.) can be more effective. It should not scrub your face or stretch your skin. The brush operates in a circular motion. There is an outside brush which remains still and catches spray while the inside brush moves.

uuuuugh, i am so prehistoric. i've never even heard of Sonicare (thank you, PurseForum :biggrin:). i have been using my cheaper brush in circular motions. you mean you wouldn't use the Clarisonic daily?

i'll have to find out whether i should still use products like Cure Natural Aqua Gel if i already use a brush.

uuuuugh, i am so prehistoric. i've never even heard of Sonicare (thank you, PurseForum :biggrin:). i have been using my cheaper brush in circular motions. you mean you wouldn't use the Clarisonic daily?

i'll have to find out whether i should still use products like Cure Natural Aqua Gel if i already use a brush.

Well, when you have a dentist in the family, you get electric toothbrushes as Christmas gifts. Only the best ones, though.

The Sonicare was so effective at cleaning teeth that I rarely had problems at the dentist after I started using it. So I was pretty much sold on Clarisonic after I heard that.

I use the Clarisonic everyday in the shower. My face feels so smooth, like my teeth after Sonicare. I don't exfoliate at all. I think the Clarisonic is enough. I moisturize immediately after.

A manual brush might be harsher, don't know. When I was young, I used to scrub my face with a washcloth. People used to tell me my face was red. The Clarisonic doesn't have that effect on my skin.

They tell you not to use abrasive cleansers with the Clarisonic.

Its actually the same technology. I want to a dental exhibit and I asked out of curiosity (since they both had "sonic") lol

Sonicare & Clarisonic rocks :smile:

I ordered the ProSonic via Groupon a week ago. I am patiently await its arrival. The reviews said it works as well or better than the Clarisonic, and I think the Pro was first, but I can't remember. Either way I hope to have clear skin in time for the summer! :smile:

I'm thinking of getting the Mia one soon. I have normal skin and don't really have problem except some enlarged pores around my cheek/nose area. Would it help with this?

The thing about my skin is no matter how I change my skin routine/serum or moisturizer, it shows no difference at all. No positive or negative effects whatsoever -- so I really hope Clarisonic does something (positively!) to it. Wait until I get my VIB coupon from Sephora and here I come!

My clarisonic ran out of battery last night and as it was my first month of using it,I didn't attention to the short pulses to warn me that it was running out of battery... And I missed using it for that one night!! Skin just felt not so clean!!! Haha

My clarisonic ran out of battery last night and as it was my first month of using it,I didn't attention to the short pulses to warn me that it was running out of battery... And I missed using it for that one night!! Skin just felt not so clean!!! Haha

This. You notice the difference between clean and still feel stuffy clean. I love the Clarisonic. I've noticed it too.