CL Authenticity FAQ: What NOT to Look For!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ITA. This definitely needs to be stickied, but on the main page, not in the reference library. When I first came here, I didn't even know about the library for a while. Maybe sticky it with a cleaned up version that doesn't have all the chat that followed.

2. Thanks, Laureen, for posting this! I found it very informative and I'm sure many others will in too.

Thanks again!

3. Laureen, you are amazing.
    Thank you for taking the time to put all of this together!

4. Thanks a lot. Really good to know and SEE! I think it would be great if others had pictures, that they could add, that made good examples.

And I agree, that new ones (incl. me) dodnt know about searching and reference and A LOT of other stuff :smile:

5. ^ I think Laureen did a pretty good job collecting pictures of the things that are questioned most often (i.e. "why is there no Vero Cuoio stamp on the bottom? does that mean it's fake??" "why is the red on my shoe lighter than 'normal'??" etc.) I mean other people could add pics but I'm not sure the effort is necessary, unless a new question pops up, you know?

6. :search: Bumping up for easy search.

7. I'm a bit late but I just read this thread...GREAT JOB Laureen!!! Thanks for taking the time out :flowers:

8. Great job Laureen! I'm glad that I found this very useful thread before I started a new one.

:bump:

9. Wonderful job, laureen! Thank you so much for taking the time to create this great resource!

10. :bump:

11. :bump:

12. Thank you - this is great, I just got a pair that has a light impression on the red sole (not as deep - as my other pairs), and was wondering about it.

Your thread answered my questions - perfect!:smile:

13. :bump:

14. This thread was very helpful, thanks so much Laureen.

I still don't understand though, if the items that are mentioned in this thread aren't what the authenticators in the AUTH thread use, then what do they use?

Just curious.

15. ^^
    It's really the shape, structure, and quality of the materials that we use to authenticate. Features that can vary from shoe to shoe (such as stamps on the soles, color variations, etc.) are what we don't look at. :smile:

Hope that helps.