Choosing Lucky Animal

Yay he's home! Hubby already took advantage of having his usual jacket on and did a mod shot before me haha. Feel so grateful to have one of the last pieces of tiger eye lion in our region (but hope there's still some out there for tpf friends who want to grab him!) thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 5130724View attachment 5130725
Love it, and it looks great on him!

I got the same emerald book too and attended the live Zoom event. I love Vincent Meylan’s books he does on VCA and high jewelry.

Congrats to you! Can’t wait your owl!

Reactions: surfer
Love it, and it looks great on him!

I got the same emerald book too and attended the live Zoom event. I love Vincent Meylan’s books he does on VCA and high jewelry.

Congrats to you! Can’t wait your owl!
Thanks hun!!! Now please go check out the vca action thread ;) I am cracking up haha

This looks amazing! So happy you were able to figure it out. He’s so cute hanging on the side like that!

@nicole0612
You are a genius, and you are awesome! Your trick was the solution! I obsessed for over an hour playing with options on the best way to hook the little panda guy.. where to place the loop, where to place the claspn vs. the loop, upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left, etc. :shocked:

To me, for the little guy, the best option is placing the loop on the upper right pin with the clasp on the lower left pin. If I place the clasp on the lower left pin, the clasp opening actually lays at the very bottom of the pin and fits perfectly in that slot. The little panda then lays flatter. The downside though is the panda is not perfectly centered between the motif, but you can't really tell because he's so cute, and not being centered is forgiven. :biggrin:
If I put the clasp at the upper right pin, you can see the clasp is at an awkard position, kind of kinked up, and it doesn''t look that great when worn, even though the panda is more centered (but he also droops in).

The best part... my little panda swings like he's hanging "off" the tree and not drooping "in" to the tree. He's super cute! I am so excited!

I am so grateful to you for sharing this! My little guy is now happy and swinging! Thank you so much! :hugs::heart:
Now that I know this works, I need more pins. :biggrin:

Here are some photos to share showing the clasp in both positions.

View attachment 5128747View attachment 5128750View attachment 5128751View attachment 5128752View attachment 5128753View attachment 5128754

Reactions: BigAkoya
Here is my owl on my 20. I added a bracelet to the other pic to make the necklace hang even longer as the owl sits right at my chest where he may be a bit dangly :smile: I also clipped it over the necklace on the side. So much fun!

Attachments

• DD41290E-D268-473F-9CEB-0DAC4C6E9A34.jpeg
    DD41290E-D268-473F-9CEB-0DAC4C6E9A34.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 278C590F-EBD3-4CF9-AF6C-916FFAA80CDF.jpeg
    278C590F-EBD3-4CF9-AF6C-916FFAA80CDF.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 56
  • EF30B4C8-DF01-4E8E-A380-051A7BDF51B9.jpeg
    EF30B4C8-DF01-4E8E-A380-051A7BDF51B9.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 58
Here is my owl on my 20. I added a bracelet to the other pic to make the necklace hang even longer as the owl sits right at my chest where he may be a bit dangly :smile: I also clipped it over the necklace on the side. So much fun!
I love this! The little guy looks so cute on your necklace. You could also rotate your necklace so the owl sits a little higher. I am sure you will have fun playing with him.

By the way, in case your owl starts flipping, you can keep it sitting face out with those little earring back stoppers. I just posted how I do that with my panda in this post in case you run into that problem.

My little panda was constantly doing backflips, but after I put these earrings back in the pins, he's nice and calm now. Here is the post in case this might help:

I love your owl... so cute! Actually, he's so wise looking, like a little professor! Love your pieces!

ETA: I am going to try adding my bracelet too. Great idea... so creative! I have a matching WG MOP bracelet, so I will try adding it. I hope the second clasp still stays in the back of neck.