Choosing Lucky Animal

I realized a great use of animal clips is to cover an unsightly clasp. I also fastened these Antique Edwardian diamond clips on the necklace as promised earlier this thread to see what non-VCA clips would look like. Certainly way too much all together, but it is fun to play. I have a simple diamond clip from the same era that I may try out.

A3B421F3-78FF-485A-BD43-582426C3770A.jpeg

AF62B182-01F0-44A3-B116-3F1B597C424D.jpeg

I realized a great use of animal clips is to cover an unsightly clasp. I also fastened these Antique Edwardian diamond clips on the necklace as promised earlier this thread to see what non-VCA clips would look like. Certainly way too much all together, but it is fun to play. I have a simple diamond clip from the same era that I may try out.

View attachment 5126841

View attachment 5126843

So clever to use it for hiding the clasp. The diamond clips are absolutely stunning.

Reactions: nicole0612

View attachment 5126841

View attachment 5126843
I love your lion, and I love that you covered the clasp. I am struggling to see how the two vertical bars can hold the little lion on the chain. My panda bars are also vertical, and I have not yet been able to hang him to the side. I purchased some silicone tubing that I think will solve my problem (it's coming in the mail).

In the meantime, can you kindly please show me the backside of your lion attached to the side of the chain?

Your Edwardian clips are really pretty. I am sure you can find a way to wear them on a necklace as a pair.
The little lion looks so cute on your necklace!

I love your lion, and I love that you covered the clasp. I am struggling to see how the two vertical bars can hold the little lion on the chain. My panda bars are also vertical, and I have not yet been able to hang him to the side. I purchased some silicone tubing that I think will solve my problem (it's coming in the mail).

In the meantime, can you kindly please show me the backside of your lion attached to the side of the chain?

Your Edwardian clips are really pretty. I am sure you can find a way to wear them on a necklace as a pair.
Thank you! I don’t know the secret about the vertical bars either, other than the earring backs suggestion. I just put one pin through the clasp so it didn’t slide down the chain and the other pin on the other side of the chain to balance it out. To be honest, it’s probably not the best idea with modern clasps since they can get scratched, but the clasps from a few years back and older have thinner clasps so scratching is not as much of a concern. I wish the pins were horizontal so the necklace could be worn lariat style with the pin holding the lariat in place.

I took some photos for you. The only way I can make it work is by putting the pins through the clasp. Initially I was putting the pin through the clasp once closed, but I think it stays better in place if you place one pin through the loop and the other pin through the clasp. However, I don’t know if it is a great idea if you care about your clasp possibly getting scratched. I would probably do it with my older pieces with the slimmer clasp so scratches are less of an issue.
Forgive the sportswear and the use of a 10 vs 20, as it was what I had laid out for work already and I knew you would get the concept from it just as easily.

Attachments

• 882238E8-84F4-4B44-B605-9FAED9169FCF.jpeg
    882238E8-84F4-4B44-B605-9FAED9169FCF.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 53124068-8C68-4E40-BF85-A0CE8FB4A441.jpeg
    53124068-8C68-4E40-BF85-A0CE8FB4A441.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 93F9ABA6-8443-46D7-87BC-CE0AD38CC5F5.jpeg
    93F9ABA6-8443-46D7-87BC-CE0AD38CC5F5.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 50EC548E-F618-4871-91F0-ED1A73152FFA.jpeg
    50EC548E-F618-4871-91F0-ED1A73152FFA.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 6B9474CA-08B6-43B3-AFB8-727AD3BB64CC.jpeg
    6B9474CA-08B6-43B3-AFB8-727AD3BB64CC.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 104
I took some photos for you. The only way I can make it work is by putting the pins through the clasp. Initially I was putting the pin through the clasp once closed, but I think it stays better in place if you place one pin through the loop and the other pin through the clasp. However, I don’t know if it is a great idea if you care about your clasp possibly getting scratched. I would probably do it with my older pieces with the slimmer clasp so scratches are less of an issue.
Forgive the sportswear and the use of a 10 vs 20, as it was what I had laid out for work already and I knew you would get the concept from it just as easily.
OMG! This could be it! I am going to try this when I get back home later. I don't mind scratching up the metal, not at all. Jewlery gets scratched up all the time. It's not a big deal to me if my little panda can hang on the side with me! Yippee! :nuts::heart:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I shall report back to let you know how the little panda hangs. I want him to hang straight, like he's grabbing on to a tree. I think this will work! I appreciate this so much! Thank you! :hugs:

OMG! This could be it! I am going to try this when I get back home later. I don't mind scratching up the metal, not at all. Jewlery gets scratched up all the time. It's not a big deal to me if my little panda can hang on the side with me! Yippee! :nuts::heart:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I shall report back to let you know how the little panda hangs. I want him to hang straight, like he's grabbing on to a tree. I think this will work! I appreciate this so much! Thank you! :hugs:
I hope it works for you also. I was doubtful that the clip would stay on the side and not slide down to the bottom due to weight, but it actually stays in place! I would love to see your panda grabbing his Alhambra tree branch like you have been envisioning:smile:

@nicole0612
You are a genius, and you are awesome! Your trick was the solution! I obsessed for over an hour playing with options on the best way to hook the little panda guy.. where to place the loop, where to place the claspn vs. the loop, upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left, etc. :shocked:

To me, for the little guy, the best option is placing the loop on the upper right pin with the clasp on the lower left pin. If I place the clasp on the lower left pin, the clasp opening actually lays at the very bottom of the pin and fits perfectly in that slot. The little panda then lays flatter. The downside though is the panda is not perfectly centered between the motif, but you can't really tell because he's so cute, and not being centered is forgiven. :biggrin:
If I put the clasp at the upper right pin, you can see the clasp is at an awkard position, kind of kinked up, and it doesn''t look that great when worn, even though the panda is more centered (but he also droops in).

The best part... my little panda swings like he's hanging "off" the tree and not drooping "in" to the tree. He's super cute! I am so excited!

I am so grateful to you for sharing this! My little guy is now happy and swinging! Thank you so much! :hugs::heart:
Now that I know this works, I need more pins. :biggrin:

Here are some photos to share showing the clasp in both positions.

BFE3AFE7-7F02-4121-A63C-EDCABD93E9E2.pngF7DBC1FC-3047-4E31-A574-3473C98B098B.png0F292C65-5E41-4B5A-9F09-BB3A296FC9D8.png311E539B-221B-4D2D-8471-6D5CE3DA7F1F.png52BCA64F-6A6B-40F0-B306-5600997E39D5.png05DC388A-2B50-4158-90AE-E405A6D0EEBC.png

@nicole0612
You are a genius, and you are awesome! Your trick was the solution! I obsessed for over an hour playing with options on the best way to hook the little panda guy.. where to place the loop, where to place the claspn vs. the loop, upper right, upper left, lower right, lower left, etc. :shocked:

To me, for the little guy, the best option is placing the loop on the upper right pin with the clasp on the lower left pin. If I place the clasp on the lower left pin, the clasp opening actually lays at the very bottom of the pin and fits perfectly in that slot. The little panda then lays flatter. The downside though is the panda is not perfectly centered between the motif, but you can't really tell because he's so cute, and not being centered is forgiven. :biggrin:
If I put the clasp at the upper right pin, you can see the clasp is at an awkard position, kind of kinked up, and it doesn''t look that great when worn, even though the panda is more centered (but he also droops in).

The best part... my little panda swings like he's hanging "off" the tree and not drooping "in" to the tree. He's super cute! I am so excited!

I am so grateful to you for sharing this! My little guy is now happy and swinging! Thank you so much! :hugs::heart:

View attachment 5128747View attachment 5128750View attachment 5128751View attachment 5128752View attachment 5128753View attachment 5128754
This makes me so happy!! It looks just perfect, and now we have more ideas of how to orient our pins! I suspect with different animals the idea orientation may vary. Your little guy looks adorable hanging onto his branch. I agree, let’s collect more!!

Reactions: BigAkoya
@nicole0612

View attachment 5128747View attachment 5128750View attachment 5128751View attachment 5128752View attachment 5128753View attachment 5128754

This is so fun, I love it! :love: Does the panda stay put (mid chest) while you wear it this way? Or does the weight of the panda cause the whole necklace to shift downward, so that he eventually ends up hanging mid waist, instead?

Edit: Ah, I see nicole already remarked on this above! Really nifty to hear that it stays in place! :smile:

This is so fun, I love it! :love: Does the panda stay put (mid chest) while you wear it this way? Or does the weight of the panda cause the whole necklace to shift downward, so that he eventually ends up hanging mid waist, instead?

Edit: Ah, I see nicole already remarked on this above! Really nifty to hear that it stays in place! :smile:
Hi! He stays in place. Ironically, when I wear him as a pendant at the bottom of my chain (like the prior photo I posted), he feels heavier. I know he's the same weight, but he feels lighter on the side for some reason. Not by a lot, but I can sense it ever so slightly.

I think if he were on a simple chain, he may slide to the bottom due to the smooth chain against my silky moisturized skin. :biggrin: (too funny!)
But because the Alhambra chain is "bumpy" with motifs and box links, the chain doesn't really move on me. I am still deciding where I want to put him. I think I like him a little higher, but then he might look too serious, like a brooch. But I don't want him too low, like his little butt is sitting on my boobies (although I have little boobies so that's not really an issue). I still think I might place him a little higher, maybe about an inch below the collarbone.

I really love these clips... hoping another comes out in WG. I am thinking maybe a cute penguin. Not too many "white" animals to match the WG. I wish they had done the bunny in WG... white fuzzy tail! But nope... they had to do the bunny in YG. Argh.

A zebra would be boring and kind of cliche. Can't think of any other animals that would fit the bill to put into WG.