Choosing Lucky Animal

Hi! He stays in place. Ironically, when I wear him as a pendant at the bottom of my chain (like the prior photo I posted), he feels heavier. I know he's the same weight, but he feels lighter on the side for some reason. Not by a lot, but I can sense it ever so slightly.

I think if he were on a simple chain, he may slide to the bottom due to the smooth chain against my silky moisturized skin. :biggrin: (too funny!)
But because the Alhambra chain is "bumpy" with motifs and box links, the chain doesn't really move on me. I am still deciding where I want to put him. I think I like him a little higher, but then he might look too serious, like a brooch. But I don't want him too low, like his little butt is sitting on my boobies (although I have little boobies so that's not really an issue). I still think I might place him a little higher, maybe about an inch below the collarbone.

I really love these clips... hoping another comes out in WG. I am thinking maybe a cute penguin. Not too many "white" animals to match the WG. I wish they had done the bunny in WG... white fuzzy tail! But nope... they had to do the bunny in YG. Argh.

A zebra would be boring and kind of cliche. Can't think of any other animals that would fit the bill to put into WG.

I'd love both the bunny and owl in white gold! I love the hummingbird, too. I wish they'd offer each pin in more variations of materials (both metal and stone). But, I'm still in the pining and plotting phase, having not yet bought anything from VCA! :biggrin:

I'd love both the bunny and owl in white gold! I love the hummingbird, too. I wish they'd offer each pin in more variations of materials (both metal and stone). But, I'm still in the pining and plotting phase, having not yet bought anything from VCA! :biggrin:
Me too! Those are some of my favorites! I'm a white metal only gal, so for clips, I only have a panda. But he's a super cute panda! :biggrin: Maybe this spring they will add another WG pin.

Planning and plotting is half the fun! VCA is so collectible... you can take your time and keep adding to your collection. Looking forward to seeing your piece!

Reactions: etoile de mer
Hi! He stays in place. Ironically, when I wear him as a pendant at the bottom of my chain (like the prior photo I posted), he feels heavier. I know he's the same weight, but he feels lighter on the side for some reason. Not by a lot, but I can sense it ever so slightly.

I think if he were on a simple chain, he may slide to the bottom due to the smooth chain against my silky moisturized skin. :biggrin: (too funny!)
But because the Alhambra chain is "bumpy" with motifs and box links, the chain doesn't really move on me. I am still deciding where I want to put him. I think I like him a little higher, but then he might look too serious, like a brooch. But I don't want him too low, like his little butt is sitting on my boobies (although I have little boobies so that's not really an issue). I still think I might place him a little higher, maybe about an inch below the collarbone.

I really love these clips... hoping another comes out in WG. I am thinking maybe a cute penguin. Not too many "white" animals to match the WG. I wish they had done the bunny in WG... white fuzzy tail! But nope... they had to do the bunny in YG. Argh.

A zebra would be boring and kind of cliche. Can't think of any other animals that would fit the bill to put into WG.
I think a koala would be perfect with WG.

The super cute lion is finally here and coming home to me and hubby soon. I love that the husband loves him too and will wear him as a brooch on his suit. So rare for a couple to be able to share a piece of jewelery, it's one reason we love vca. He's just arrived brand new and we can't wait for him to get delivered to us tmrw yay :smile: 7EF389DD-5082-416C-952E-93EB18F56440.jpegF3F69492-4382-4CA8-92D4-4A4005345E69.jpeg6C73A345-071A-43BC-A300-B33FE10E74BA.jpeg

The super cute lion is finally here and coming home to me and hubby soon. I love that the husband loves him too and will wear him as a brooch on his suit. So rare for a couple to be able to share a piece of jewelery, it's one reason we love vca. He's just arrived brand new and we can't wait for him to get delivered to us tmrw yay :smile: View attachment 5129773View attachment 5129774View attachment 5129775
Wonderful! That lion is super cute! I’m glad you bought it!
Your husband is going to want his own clip! Better ask your SA to find a second one!

Congratulations! Mod shots please!

Reactions: surfer
Wonderful! That lion is super cute! I’m glad you bought it!
Your husband is going to want his own clip! Better ask your SA to find a second one!

Congratulations! Mod shots please!

Haha no chance he will be happy to share as we are building a house so I am already being naughty haha but he's keeping quiet as he gets to share ;)

Now I am eyeing the owl and the hummingbird or dove though oops...

While we are on the topic this is the one my boutique has but I am not sure as I usually love 'out of this world' iridescence. Any thoughts @BigAkoya? :smile:

Attachments

• 5FDBD049-9BD0-4BAA-986A-B3510C85258E.png
    5FDBD049-9BD0-4BAA-986A-B3510C85258E.png
    784.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 8CAF0DD2-BC0D-4E11-901D-1FB416F5349C.png
    8CAF0DD2-BC0D-4E11-901D-1FB416F5349C.png
    788.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 5AFD2D4F-41CB-49E5-973B-A6B5E9BC90BB.png
    5AFD2D4F-41CB-49E5-973B-A6B5E9BC90BB.png
    577.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 997A0B5C-5883-4318-9141-DE2B40EE7585.png
    997A0B5C-5883-4318-9141-DE2B40EE7585.png
    562.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 7202E279-5D46-4717-B472-06BABE1224F1.png
    7202E279-5D46-4717-B472-06BABE1224F1.png
    567 KB · Views: 61
  • 655CED26-0206-4C9B-823E-EAF0B545CB00.png
    655CED26-0206-4C9B-823E-EAF0B545CB00.png
    651.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 8DF8DFEB-DCAE-4564-8B98-B1945FE0A80D.png
    8DF8DFEB-DCAE-4564-8B98-B1945FE0A80D.png
    699.4 KB · Views: 53
The super cute lion is finally here and coming home to me and hubby soon. I love that the husband loves him too and will wear him as a brooch on his suit. So rare for a couple to be able to share a piece of jewelery, it's one reason we love vca. He's just arrived brand new and we can't wait for him to get delivered to us tmrw yay :smile: View attachment 5129773View attachment 5129774View attachment 5129775
Oh wow! Just saw this! He’s so cute and cuddly, lol! I am so jealous! Enjoy! Oh and the owl looks amazing too!

While we are on the topic this is the one my boutique has but I am not sure as I usually love 'out of this world' iridescence. Any thoughts @BigAkoya? :smile:
I love gemstones (e.g. emeralds, sapphires, pearls/MOP). Because gemstones are natural, every stone is a beautiful unique gift of nature. For pearls/MOP, I love iridescence as the stone looks different with different lighting and angles.

That said, for pearls and MOP set in jewelry, more important to me is the color match, like having a perfectly matched strand of pearls. Same with MOP although it's a bit harder to do with MOP.

For the owl, is it me or are his wings not quite well matched? It's probably the lighting and angle as that really changes MOP. If it were me, I would look at him flat, inside, normal lighting. If he matches, I'd take him! If not, I'd ask to see one other owl, compare the two, and pick which you like the best. This would be for my peace of mind especially given each piece is unique.

The owl is beautiful, and the glow of GMOP is mesmerizing. I see GMOP as the Northern Lights come to life in a stone.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and surfer
I love gemstones (e.g. emeralds, sapphires, pearls/MOP). Because gemstones are natural, every stone is a beautiful unique gift of nature. For pearls/MOP, I love iridescence as the stone looks different with different lighting and angles.

That said, for pearls and MOP set in jewelry, more important to me is the color match, like having a perfectly matched strand of pearls. Same with MOP although it's a bit harder to do with MOP.

For the owl, is it me or are his wings not quite well matched? It's probably the lighting and angle as that really changes MOP. If it were me, I would look at him flat, inside, normal lighting. If he matches, I'd take him! If not, I'd ask to see one other owl, compare the two, and pick which you like the best. This would be for my peace of mind especially given each piece is unique.

The owl is beautiful, and the glow of GMOP is mesmerizing. I see GMOP as the Northern Lights come to life in a stone.

Agree on all the points you brought up! I fell in love with the lion right away but the owl....I didn't so I have asked my amazing SA to bring in more owls for me to peruse! We aren't in a rush so yes it's best to get one that makes my heart sing. I love gmop for the northern lights but I don't like orange so I am asking for pink and green hues so let's see!