Changes to feedback policies on eBay

I'm with you WP.I will sell off these few items then I'm done,This is getting crazy.

I don't know about you guys, but it will also slow down my BUYING. I buy my items (and justify their purchase to my SO) knowing that if, down the road, something else better comes along, I can sell it and recoup a generous portion of what I paid.

Now that I will NOT feel comfortable selling... I might stick with what I have and steer clear for a while.

Ok here is the points to my chat session with ebay rep about the whole BUYERS RECEIVING POSITIVE FEEDBACK...
  • Buyers will be held more accountable on the basis of the UPI strike they receive.
  • This step has been taken to improve the Buyer Experience on eBay.
  • So that this encourages open and honest communication between the transacting partners.
  • If the seller has a bad experience with a buyer you can choose to give buyer a strike.
  • The sellers cannot see how many strikes the buyer has however they can block buyers on bidding on their items who have received strikes.
  • The Buyer Requirements tool allows you to have more control over who can bid on your listings. Depending on what you want, from the Preference page of My eBay, you can block members from countries you don't ship to, members who've received two Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days, members who don't have a PayPal account, etc.

Is the "strike" system the equivalent of giving the buyer a neg? Or can they only get a strike if the seller files a UPI? Sorry if this was explained. I read the whole post, but didn't see a clarification.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/01/29/ebay.fees.ap/index.html

Here's a good article. It states:

"The new fee structure, announced to a gathering of 200 of eBay's top North American sellers in Washington, goes into effect February 20 in the United States. More pricing changes are coming shortly in the United Kingdom and Germany."

ALSO: There is already a thread pertaining to listing fees changes. Feel free to post there.
Thanks I will look for that thread.

I hate that buyers cannot get Negs now. This will definitely increase Non-Paying bidder rates.

There is a problem on Ebay with "practical jokers" that bid up super high, ruin your listing, then don't pay :thumbs down:

Anyone also notice they are INCREASING the FVF AGAIN?!?!?

It's 67% higher than before for regular sellers and 20% higher for power sellers!! It used to be 5.25% and now it is 8.75% (That's how much the highest tax paying city in CA is!) and it is now 12% for stores instead of 10% :mad:

I don't know about you guys, but it will also slow down my BUYING. I buy my items (and justify their purchase to my SO) knowing that if, down the road, something else better comes along, I can sell it and recoup a generous portion of what I paid.

Now that I will NOT feel comfortable selling... I might stick with what I have and steer clear for a while.

I'm with you on this - my practice many times, in fact! All in all, the whole thing is enough to make me dizzy...

Anyone also notice they are INCREASING the FVF AGAIN?!?!?

It's 67% higher than before for regular sellers and 20% higher for power sellers!! It used to be 5.25% and now it is 8.75% (That's how much the highest tax paying city in CA is!) and it is now 12% for stores instead of 10% :mad:

Yes! This is stupidity. I guess it's because they're lowering the insertion fee and making Gallery "free" so they're making it up this way. :tdown: