Chanel Small Deauville Tote

Hi guys - new to C forum, more active on the H side.. need your help and knowledge!

I’m interested in the deauville tote as a summer beach/poolside & travel bag. I’m quite petite.. 5’2 and think the small would be a good size for me. I’m not too knowledged on the collection terms like 22S or 22B (I just purchase what I like, when I can) so it would be helpful to know more about this as I will be in Paris next month with the hopes of purchasing a deauville!

Hi guys - new to C forum, more active on the H side.. need your help and knowledge!

I’m interested in the deauville tote as a summer beach/poolside & travel bag. I’m quite petite.. 5’2 and think the small would be a good size for me. I’m not too knowledged on the collection terms like 22S or 22B (I just purchase what I like, when I can) so it would be helpful to know more about this as I will be in Paris next month with the hopes of purchasing a deauville!
Every new collection brings new colors. The current and future 22B and 22K respectively are autumn/ winter collections. You will see more of autumish colors like khaki, caramel, etc.

Small size is perfect. Its good to know that there are 2 smalls. The smaller small might not be large enough for beach bag. Its perfect for an everyday bag looks great on petite frames. I have seen a few youtube videos that the larger small has a longer handle drop. For a beach bag, may be go for medium? See if you can try them in boutique. Both the smalls can be great travel bags.

I’m the same height as you and I have the smaller of the two small $3,700 one. I think the small is a good size and better for my frame. I have not seen the larger small in person but based on videos i’ve watched online it is not that much bigger. I never thought i’d love the deauville as much as I do now since it is mostly fabric but i’m thinking about getting another one.

But I agree with the above post, if your are looking for a beach bag..a bigger size would be much suitable.

I am looking for an insert for Deauville which is just a lining in order to protect the interior of the bag. Not a thick felt organizer that makes the bag very structured. Please let me know if anyone has any recommendations. Thank you!

I am looking for an insert for Deauville which is just a lining in order to protect the interior of the bag. Not a thick felt organizer that makes the bag very structured. Please let me know if anyone has any recommendations. Thank you!
Zoomoni 1.2mm thick. I ordered both the 2mm and the 1.2mm from Zoomoni and there is a significant difference in the thickness. 1.2 is pretty thin/flexible and doesn’t change the structure of the bag or take much space. The shipping was pretty quick but the packaging wasn’t done as well as from Samorga. (One of them came a little damp from the storm we had recently). Samorga also makes 1.2 mm so I sm sure they are similar.

2B0E74CB-F945-4043-9AE0-9E01618F6F09.jpeg

Zoomoni 1.2mm thick. I ordered both the 2mm and the 1.2mm from Zoomoni and there is a significant difference in the thickness. 1.2 is pretty thin/flexible and doesn’t change the structure of the bag or take much space. The shipping was pretty quick but the packaging wasn’t done as well as from Samorga. (One of them came a little damp from the storm we had recently). Samorga also makes 1.2 mm so I sm sure they are similar.

View attachment 5607783
Thats very helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: Chloe1004
I have been storing my Deauville upright in the dustbag. And recently figured the top handles are flopping inwards. Wondering if that will spoil the look of tote?

How do you store your Deauvilles, upright or laying flat?

22E10E0C-391F-46A0-9772-D1DDDE55003F.jpeg

Has anyone’s handles of the Deauville been damaged by the chain? I just realized the lower part of the handle is whitened (looks like the colour has been rubbed off by the chain) cause that’s the part where the chain touches when I put the chain on shoulder.